1st date question

Redskinsmama

ok so i have asked a guy on a "date" to go to the green door for pizza/pitcher and some silver strike bowling. my office mate says that is the worst place ever to go with someone for a first date, and in fact, doesn't consider it a date at all. he thinks we should go somewhere nice. would you care about where your first date was?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Go wherever YOU feel comfortable. If he ain't comfortable where you are, then he isn't going to like what you like and you don't want to change yourself for nobody. JMO You want them to like you for you. :kiss:

D

dems4me

Redskinsmama said:
ok so i have asked a guy on a "date" to go to the green door for pizza/pitcher and some silver strike bowling. my office mate says that is the worst place ever to go with someone for a first date, and in fact, doesn't consider it a date at all. he thinks we should go somewhere nice. would you care about where your first date was?

Don't put on aires, if that's where you like to hang out and do things, then do it... :yay: Its part of being yourself. You'll be surprised that alot of guys like girls down to earth, it shows them they are low maintenance :wink: Besides I think its a dating rule or whatever that generally you do things for the activity first, then you do things you woulnd't normally do because you are then more into the person than the activity... shared fun activity first, then doing things different just to be with the guy versus the activity... did that make sense?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Redskinsmama said:

Good place to take him if you plan on getting him drunk so he'll take you to bed.

If he has never been there, give him an idea of where you will be going, what it's like and what you will be doing and you should be okay.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
Don't put on aires, if that's where you like to hang out and do things, then do it... :yay: Its part of being yourself. You'll be surprised that alot of guys like girls down to earth, it shows them they are low maintenance :wink: Besides I think its a dating rule or whatever that generally you do things for the activity first, then you do things you woulnd't normally do because you are then more into the person than the activity... shared fun activity first, then doing things different just to be with the guy versus the activity... did that make sense?

I hang out in questionable environments and I'm far from low maintenance.

smoothmarine187

BadGirl said:
Good place to take him if you plan on getting him drunk so he'll take you to bed.

Damn I like the way you think, we are alot alike......maybe that's why itsbob is always busting on me, he's just afraid he will fall in love with me :killingme

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
First dates, or meeting anyone new for that matter, are always interviews. So, I pick some place comfortable to talk and something that doesn't take long in case I want to bail. That's why I pick coffee shops. If a bar does that for you, then go for it.

I don't care for bars, but that doesn't mean it isn't for you. I also know that no matter how much coffee we drink, they won't look any different or change their behaviour. But, to each his/her own.

bcp

In My Opinion
Redskinsmama said:
Is your bedroom messy? :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Redskinsmama said:
I'm not romantic at all, so my ideal date would be more on the masculine side. I don't want an expensive dinner, I don't want to see a movie and I don't want to watch the stars with you. :lol:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My husband and I had our first date horseback riding. I don't recommend it. The horse they stuck me with would not move and in order to make it move the chick from the stable followed us around with a whip rather than give me another horse. It turned out fine though, only lasted an hour and after that we went to a park and walked and talked. We've been married for 10 years and still get along wonderfully.

bcp

In My Opinion
Bay_Kat said:
My husband and I had our first date horseback riding. I don't recommend it. The horse they stuck me with would not move and in order to make it move the chick from the stable followed us around with a whip rather than give me another horse. It turned out fine though, only lasted an hour and after that we went to a park and walked and talked. We've been married for 10 years and still get along wonderfully.
what message can we get from him giving you an old nag to ride on your first date?
have we discussed this with him?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
bcp said:
what message can we get from him giving you an old nag to ride on your first date?
have we discussed this with him?

Actually it was one of those rent a horse places and he didn't really have any say in the matter, he's a big guy so they gave him a big horse, he offered to trade with me but I was afraid of that huge beast(the horse I mean).

Redskinsmama said:
:gossip: They dont have Silver Strike, they have Golden Tee though :yay:

snuzzy

Our first date was Washinton, DC, going to the Air and Space Museum, etc. (He asked me). Well...it was a Sunday...very rainy all day, and, well...he never checked the Metro schedule, so when we were ready to leave, @6:00, the subway stations were closed (I was in college, new to the area), he had to call his sister in College Park to come and "rescue" us!! At least we have a story to tell?!? (20 years later, we're still married)

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
My two shiny coppers.

Every girl i have taken to the Green Door for their first time woke up in my bed the next morning.