20/20 Video #1: Fritz, Rossignol and Rape Victim

Clem_Shady

The poster referenced your link, so why is it you need a case number? The ultimate disposition was the suspect was tried, found guilty. The visiting judge then sent the former police officer to jail, and gave him a disposition of probation before judgement.

You don't seem to be fair in your forum here. You are saying Fritz is such a bad lawyer but it seems to me he or his office won both of the cases you talk about in your post.

For people that lock up other people.

:killingme

Clem_Shady

PBJ: It's not just for kids, cops eat it too!

The poster referenced your link, so why is it you need a case number? The ultimate disposition was the suspect was tried, found guilty. The visiting judge then sent the former police officer to jail, and gave him a disposition of probation before judgement.

You don't seem to be fair in your forum here. You are saying Fritz is such a bad lawyer but it seems to me he or his office won both of the cases you talk about in your post.

Go get baptised at the old church that you guys turned into a bar and gambling parlor and come back when you're ready to tell the-truth:

"To understand the answer it is important to first understand what Probation Before Judgement is. The best way to explain what Probation Before Judgement is, is to explain what it is not. Probation Before Judgement is NOT a conviction under Maryland Law. Under the statute a judge has the authority to strike out the guilty finding in most any criminal case. (There are a few crimes for which probation before judgement is not available including first, second and third degree sex offenses, first degree murder as well as second or subsequent convictions for DUI or CDS cases if the first conviction resulted in Probation Before Judgement)."

"The benefit of Probation Before Judgement is that a person who receives Probation Before Judgement can honestly say or, for instance put on a job application, that the person was not convicted in the case and has no criminal record. A person who receives Probation Before Judgement is also entitled by law to have the matter expunged in three years or, for good cause shown, sooner. Prior to the amendment the statute only allowed for a judge to incarcerate a person who received Probation Before Judgement in a few of the counties in the State. The reason I say that it is a good thing that the judges are now allowed to incarcerate someone is that it will and has resulted in more people receiving Probation Before Judgement instead of having permanent criminal records that can never be expunged."

Probation Before Judgement - a Positive Updating of the Statute :: Maryland Criminal Attorney Blog

Themis

Go get baptised at the old church that you guys turned into a bar and gambling parlor and come back when you're ready to tell the-truth:

"To understand the answer it is important to first understand what Probation Before Judgement is. The best way to explain what Probation Before Judgement is, is to explain what it is not. Probation Before Judgement is NOT a conviction under Maryland Law. Under the statute a judge has the authority to strike out the guilty finding in most any criminal case. (There are a few crimes for which probation before judgement is not available including first, second and third degree sex offenses, first degree murder as well as second or subsequent convictions for DUI or CDS cases if the first conviction resulted in Probation Before Judgement)."

"The benefit of Probation Before Judgement is that a person who receives Probation Before Judgement can honestly say or, for instance put on a job application, that the person was not convicted in the case and has no criminal record. A person who receives Probation Before Judgement is also entitled by law to have the matter expunged in three years or, for good cause shown, sooner. Prior to the amendment the statute only allowed for a judge to incarcerate a person who received Probation Before Judgement in a few of the counties in the State. The reason I say that it is a good thing that the judges are now allowed to incarcerate someone is that it will and has resulted in more people receiving Probation Before Judgement instead of having permanent criminal records that can never be expunged."

Probation Before Judgement - a Positive Updating of the Statute :: Maryland Criminal Attorney Blog

Strange for an LEO to say someone who gets PBJ is sent to jail.
He seems to know the law as well as Fritz does. Most convicted Dug dealers here spend about the same amount of time in jail as the drunk cop did.
Told you not to hang out at the FOP just fot the cheap beer, and loose talk.
The strays followed you home.:doh:

:coffee:

Last edited:

JOKER

Great Mills Rd
Torrential Rains hit St Mary's County

Attachments

• SinkingFast.jpg
    SinkingFast.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 46

itsrequired

Strange for an LEO to say someone who gets PBJ is sent to jail.
He seems to know the law as well as Fritz does. Most convicted Dug dealers here spend about the same amount of time in jail as the drunk cop did.
Told you not to hang out at the FOP just fot the cheap beer, and loose talk.
The strays followed you home.:doh:

Those issues you will have to take up with the visiting judge. The state refused to allow a plea and forced the perpetrator to go to trial. The judge handed the sentence out. First, the former deputy went to jail. After he served his active time in jail, he got out. The JUDGE issued the sentence of probation before judgment, but still had him spend some active time in jail. It was minimal, I don't remember how much but for me personally it was not enough.

Despite what you and your friend here say, I believe that when a deputy or police officer violate the law, they should be treated much more harshly than any other person.

The fact of the matter is, this deputy was treated the way the system is supposed to work. He wasn't given preferrential treatment. He went to trial, and was found guilty. The judge then decided the sentence was probation before judgement. Check the court record.

itsrequired

I believe that confirms what I had said.

Clem_Shady

Those issues you will have to take up with the visiting judge. The state refused to allow a plea and forced the perpetrator to go to trial. The judge handed the sentence out. First, the former deputy went to jail. After he served his active time in jail, he got out. The JUDGE issued the sentence of probation before judgment, but still had him spend some active time in jail. It was minimal, I don't remember how much but for me personally it was not enough.

Despite what you and your friend here say, I believe that when a deputy or police officer violate the law, they should be treated much more harshly than any other person.

The fact of the matter is, this deputy was treated the way the system is supposed to work. He wasn't given preferrential treatment. He went to trial, and was found guilty. The judge then decided the sentence was probation before judgement. Check the court record.

We get it, we get it...

Always the same thing over and over...

The Judge Did It!

:blahblah:

itsrequired

We get it, we get it...

Always the same thing over and over...

The Judge Did It!

:blahblah:

I understand that truth disturbs you, but that is what it is. Here is your problem. You brought up two cases involving deputies. You tried to make it seem like they were one, but people here are smarter than that. Your problem, is one of the cases Fritz was the defense attorney and he won. The other case Fritz was the chief prosecutor, charged the suspect with each of the charges he could have been charged with, and his office won again.

Doesn't sound like the bad lawyer you portray him to be.

Clem_Shady

I understand that truth disturbs you, but that is what it is. Here is your problem. You brought up two cases involving deputies. You tried to make it seem like they were one, but people here are smarter than that. Your problem, is one of the cases Fritz was the defense attorney and he won. The other case Fritz was the chief prosecutor, charged the suspect with each of the charges he could have been charged with, and his office won again.

Doesn't sound like the bad lawyer you portray him to be.

And here's your problem:

Hey Jacker,

What ever happened to the kid that got knocked unconscious?

"When Deputy Lyle Long assaulted a 15-year-old boy who’s parents had requested him to give their pot-smoking kid a good talking to, knocked the boy unconscious and was later charged, he was represented by Fritz, prior to being elected States Attorney in 1998, who got him off the charges by entering Long into an anger management class."

"Long was then promoted to the rank of Lieutenant and retired from the Sheriff’s Department two years ago and has been hired by Fritz as his investigator in the States Attorneys Office, and making an appearance before the St. Mary’s Commissioners this week managed to keep his anger under control while he made a pitch for more money for the State’s Attorney to buy equipment."

Is he ok? Any lawsuit payouts?

The guy still working for Fritz?

Drunk Deputy Beats Man

I posted a question about Long and you jumped in about another Deputy mentioned in the same article.

Again, put up or shut up and post "all of the case numbers" if you want to refer to something specific. Or don't you want to discuss the nolle prosecutions and PBJ's, that earlier you made sound like some kind of real punishment?

And if you can't, then get back to the garage and supervise the repairs of all those wrecked cop cars like you should be doing.

:popcorn:

itsrequired

And here's your problem:

I posted a question about Long and you jumped in about another Deputy mentioned in the same article.

Again, put up or shut up and post "all of the case numbers" if you want to refer to something specific. Or don't you want to discuss the nolle prosecutions and PBJ's, that earlier you made sound like some kind of real punishment?

And if you can't, then get back to the garage and supervise the repairs of all those wrecked cop cars like you should be doing.

Put up or shut up? You are the person who originated the post. You are the person who spoke about the case, and Fritz representing long. You then linked the Goff case. Why do you now need me to provide you more information about cases which you brought up.

I merely pointed out the factual information about the cases rather than making inuendos. You don't like facts very much.

As far as Goff not getting any punishment, well he was sent to jail after his trial, and then subsequently fired from his job. Sounds like punishment to me. It isn't enough for me, but it is certainly more than the average person would get.

Themis

And here's your problem:

I checked the cas search and foud out they did come down hard on Deputy Goff he was tried on O8/14/2008 for 2nd degree assault, and driving while impaired. He recieved PBJ for both sentences and was sentenced to 10 days for the Assault and 30 days for the DWI, all but 2 days was suspended from both sentences. He was released from his PBJ 12/31/2008. No fines. he served 2 days in jail, and had his record cleared
4 months later.

Recap
2 days Jail
$0.00 Fines
4 month's probation
record expunged
He's got you Clem. Goff served as much time as the drug dealer in the school zone.
Footnote; Goff's victim filed a lawsuit that was dismissed 12/29/2009
Now thats what you call justice St. Mary's style.

LEO's don't want people to know how much weight the SA carries with the
Judges at trials. If Fritz and the Judges didn't normally work togeather. Fritz would react to everycase he loses like he did in the Mattingly affair.
Take em to trial put it in the paper- no ones the wiser as to what really happened.

It's got to drive the arresting officers crazy most of the time because I think most of them really are trying to do the right thing and get criminals off the street, and they see them constantly released with little or no punishment for their crimes. Goff got treated just like a drug dealer in St Mary's.

Clem_Shady

I checked the cas search and foud out they did come down hard on Deputy Goff he was tried on O8/14/2008 for 2nd degree assault, and driving while impaired. He recieved PBJ for both sentences and was sentenced to 10 days for the Assault and 30 days for the DWI, all but 2 days was suspended from both sentences. He was released from his PBJ 12/31/2008. No fines. he served 2 days in jail, and had his record cleared
4 months later.

Recap
2 days Jail
$0.00 Fines
4 month's probation
record expunged
He's got you Clem. Goff served as much time as the drug dealer in the school zone.
Footnote; Goff's victim filed a lawsuit that was dismissed 12/29/2009
Now thats what you call justice St. Mary's style.

LEO's don't want people to know how much weight the SA carries with the
Judges at trials. If Fritz and the Judges didn't normally work togeather. Fritz would react to everycase he loses like he did in the Mattingly affair.
Take em to trial put it in the paper- no ones the wiser as to what really happened.

It's got to drive the arresting officers crazy most of the time because I think most of them really are trying to do the right thing and get criminals off the street, and they see them constantly released with little or no punishment for their crimes. Goff got treated just like a drug dealer in St Mary's.

Say it isn't so Themis?

You mean Officer Cockroach was trying to pull another fast one on old Clem and the unsuspecting public?

I knew the deal; I had previously read the cases. I was just giving him plenty of line, then I was gonna set the hook, quite painfully.

Bobderful

What is a bump? Is that slang for 'gang rapist?' Or is it a euphimisim for "corrupt prosecuter who, when challenged, proceeds to create trumped up charges on the challenger..and then loses?" I don't know..I'm just a Cave Man..

Themis

What is a bump? Is that slang for 'gang rapist?' Or is it a euphimisim for "corrupt prosecuter who, when challenged, proceeds to create trumped up charges on the challenger..and then loses?" I don't know..I'm just a Cave Man..
:confused:

Clem_Shady

Upgraded incorrect charge of rape to gang rape.