2009 Camaro? :)

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
itsbob said:
Please tell me they are kidding.

Which japanese brand is making this one.. Toyota or Mitsubishi?

Have they Learned NOTHING from Ford's success with the new Mustang? Looking like you are hiring Chrysler designers will NOT help!! Make a Camaro that LOOKS like a Camaro and the age group that has money will flock to it. Make a 2009 Camaro that looks like a '72 0r 73.. I'll buy it!!

:yeahthat: The ass end looks kinda like a new Mustang. I think they were going for a 69 look.(kinda)

hwyman3

Why would they copy the Mustang's Hockey Stick Side Scoops on the doors? Shouldn't they have made it look like a Camaro?

Ponytail

itsbob said:
Please tell me they are kidding.

Which japanese brand is making this one.. Toyota or Mitsubishi?

Have they Learned NOTHING from Ford's success with the new Mustang? Looking like you are hiring Chrysler designers will NOT help!! Make a Camaro that LOOKS like a Camaro and the age group that has money will flock to it. Make a 2009 Camaro that looks like a '72 0r 73.. I'll buy it!!

GM's design team seems to be held back by by the bean counters.

The SSR was a good design. Fun, exciting, lots of power and looks like nothing else on the road. When GM realized the excitement it was stirring over it, they delayed production for a year and a half, saying that it was being made at the Cadillac plant and they couldn't start production till the run of whatever model Caddilac was done. Then they tagged on another $10k to the price tag and wonder why they are still sitting on the lots.

Then, they see that they missed somehow with that one, and figure they need an economy cool looking family vehicle that wasn't a mini-van, like Dodge's sales magnet (though I can't figure that one out either) and they come out with the ULTRA original "HHR". The designers spent YEARS developing that one, eh? Sure. No copying there at all. :whistle:

The '09 Camaro is meant to be a retro looking Camaro. To me, they nailed it. They may have taken some design cues from other vehicles, but dang, how much original detail design can be done at this point? It's all been done by now, hasn't it? If not by the automakers, by the aftermarket designers and builders.

If a car is going to save GM, the '09 Camaro is a good start. It may be too late. By '09, if they don't get some new products out there PRICED to SELL not for big PROFIT (I mean, not every company can be Harley and sell a lifestyle), before '09, GM is going to take a beating.

I'd like to see a 2008 Camaro coupe, and a '08-1/2 convertible. :cool:

Last edited:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?

Ponytail

SAHRAB said:
Obviously they've taken styling cues from both the Mustang and the Chrysler/Dodge products. the problem with the last batch of Camaro's/Firebirds were GM priced themselves out of the Market (mainly) why buy a $30,000 Sportscar when you could buy a $19,000 Mustang? wonder if they've learned their lesson

But heres what i'm waiting on The New F350 (<--Linky)

And the Ford trucks haven't taken any design cues from the Dodge, right?
Don't get me wrong. I have an '03 F250 SD. I love it. It does look like a Dodge. It just runs better, and doesn't give me any problems.

That new F350, I saw last year at the auto show in Philly. I didn't like it. It's too square lookin'. Looks like a small Kenworth. I want my truck to pull like a freight train. I don't want it to look like one.

Vince said:
Don't you wish you had that '67 Camaro today. One of my favorites.

My best friend has a 67. It was her first car (she got it in the 80's). She still drives it in nice weather. That thing is LOUD.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
Ponytail said:
And the Ford trucks haven't taken any design cues from the Dodge, right?
Don't get me wrong. I have an '03 F250 SD. I love it. It does look like a Dodge. It just runs better, and doesn't give me any problems.

That new F350, I saw last year at the auto show in Philly. I didn't like it. It's too square lookin'. Looks like a small Kenworth. I want my truck to pull like a freight train. I don't want it to look like one.

I think they all take cues from each other, except Dodge lol look how long its taken them to get a True Fullsize CrewCab (up until 06 it was still smaller than the Chevy/Ford)

I dunno i've seen that F350 for 3 years now (it debuted in an 02 Show) i like it.