2010/11 Championship Round - Football Pool

Rael

Supper's Ready
The final four line up on Sunday, January 23rd to determine who advances to the Super Bowl. In the first bracket, retiredweaxman (47) holds a two-point tiebreaking edge over puggymom (45) in the unlikely event this week's picks end up in a tie. I say unlikely because there are 13 categories to pick in EACH game, totaling 70 possible points to compete for (30 possible in game 1 and 40 possible in game 2). In the second bracket, clevalley (41) has a five point tiebreaker edge over me (36). So, there will not be any ties this week leading up to the SuperBowl.

2010 11 Championship Round Picks.jpg

The attachment is a little difficult to read (file is too large for the image limit, I think), but below are the pick categories. Note the differences between game 1 and game 2 - the point amounts are higher in the last four categories of game 2 (bolded). Point amounts are in parentheses.

edit: If you can't read them in the attachment, the line is as follows:
GAME 1
HOME

Bears 3 Packers

GAME 2
HOME

Steelers -3 Jets

GAME 1

1. First team to score (1)
2. First team to sack the other (1)
3. First team penalty (1)
4. First team to turnover the ball (1)
5. Half-time over/under for 21.5 game points (2)
6. Team with least penalties (2)
7. Team with least team turnovers (2)
8. Team with most defensive sacks (2)
9. Team with most time of possession (3)
10. Bears' total game yards over/under 284.5 yards (3)
11. Packers' total game yards over/under 329.5 yards (3)
12. Total game points over/under 43.5 points (4)
13. Winning team to beat the spread/line (5)

GAME 2

5. Half-time over/under for 19.5 game points (2)
10. Steelers' total game yards over/under 360.5 yards (5)
11. Jets' total game yards over/under 325.5 yards (5)
12. Total game points over/under 38.5 points (5)
13. Winning team to beat the spread/line (10)

The total yardage numbers I used are averages I calculated from different sources, and the over/under points are from USA Today. I'll need you to make a pick for all 26 categories and pm them to me before kick-off of game 1 on Sunday. @ clevalley, if you'll hold off pm-ing it until I've made my picks also, then we can let each other know when we're done. Once I've made mine, I won't change it. I'll probably have mine ready on Friday (or if you pm them, I won't open it until mine are ready, either way is good). But if you have a question, please make sure you put "question" in the subject so I know I'm supposed to open it. :lol:

Also, if any of you have any questions, feel free to post it or pm me with it. I want to make sure you understand it, especially since this week it's completely different. Thanks again, youze guyze...and good luck. :buddies:

Last edited:

donbarzini

Hey Rael if you need someone to cover your and clevalley's picks you can both pm 'em to me and once they're both in I can send em to you

R

retiredweaxman

PUGGYMOM - best of luck to you this weekend!!!!

Edit: RAEL and CLEVALLEY - best of luck to the both of you as well...

Rael

Supper's Ready
Hey Rael if you need someone to cover your and clevalley's picks you can both pm 'em to me and once they're both in I can send em to you

Thanks, db. We'll see when clevalley chimes in, but homedepot and I just worked it out last week that I wouldn't open his pm before I picked mine. Heck, it's a crap shoot anyhow with 26 picks, and nobody has changed theirs since posting them so far. I'll probably just post mine when I decide them anyhow. Softballkid also offered to third party proxy for the pool as well, so we'll play it by ear, it'll be fine however we do it. I'll send out a note if we go that way. :buddies:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
The final four line up on Sunday, January 23rd to determine who advances to the Super Bowl. In the first bracket, retiredweaxman (47) holds a two-point tiebreaking edge over puggymom (45) in the unlikely event this week's picks end up in a tie. I say unlikely because there are 13 categories to pick in EACH game, totaling 70 possible points to compete for (30 possible in game 1 and 40 possible in game 2). In the second bracket, clevalley (41) has a five point tiebreaker edge over me (36). So, there will not be any ties this week leading up to the SuperBowl.

View attachment 79701

The attachment is a little difficult to read (file is too large for the image limit, I think), but below are the pick categories. Note the differences between game 1 and game 2 - the point amounts are higher in the last four categories of game 2 (bolded). Point amounts are in parentheses.

edit: If you can't read them in the attachment, the line is as follows:
GAME 1
HOME

Bears 3 Packers

GAME 2
HOME

Steelers -3 Jets

GAME 1

5. Half-time over/under for 21.5 game points (2)
10. Bears' total game yards over/under 284.5 yards (3)
11. Packers' total game yards over/under 329.5 yards (3)
12. Total game points over/under 43.5 points (4)
13. Winning team to beat the spread/line (5)

GAME 2

5. Half-time over/under for 19.5 game points (2)
10. Steelers' total game yards over/under 360.5 yards (5)
11. Jets' total game yards over/under 325.5 yards (5)
12. Total game points over/under 38.5 points (5)
13. Winning team to beat the spread/line (10)

The total yardage numbers I used are averages I calculated from different sources, and the over/under points are from USA Today. I'll need you to make a pick for all 26 categories and pm them to me before kick-off of game 1 on Sunday. @ clevalley, if you'll hold off pm-ing it until I've made my picks also, then we can let each other know when we're done. Once I've made mine, I won't change it. I'll probably have mine ready on Friday (or if you pm them, I won't open it until mine are ready, either way is good). But if you have a question, please make sure you put "question" in the subject so I know I'm supposed to open it. :lol:

Also, if any of you have any questions, feel free to post it or pm me with it. I want to make sure you understand it, especially since this week it's completely different. Thanks again, youze guyze...and good luck. :buddies:

Once you're done with the picks, I can drop them off at Goddard on Thursday, I'm sure the computer can decipher the code....:buddies:

With all these picks, I might as well post them. :lol:

I trust you Rael, I will send them sometime friday... Thanks Donb for the offer. :buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Once you're done with the picks, I can drop them off at Goddard on Thursday, I'm sure the computer can decipher the code....:buddies:

:lmao: With 26 possible outcomes in each game, I think there are 2,704 overall possible outcomes! :nerd:
With all these picks, I might as well post them. :lol:

I trust you Rael, I will send them sometime friday... Thanks Donb for the offer. :buddies:

:cool: Sounds good to me.

Good luck all.

retiredweaxman - heck of a week last week. :buddies:

Could you possibly beat the top 3 from the East in consecutive weeks? No, I think puggymom is going to represent this week. :lol:

R

retiredweaxman

Good luck all.

retiredweaxman - heck of a week last week. :buddies:

Could you possibly beat the top 3 from the East in consecutive weeks? No, I think puggymom is going to represent this week. :lol:

Thank you TILTED. In my opinion, last week was a fluke and I got lucky.

PUGGY - best of luck this weekend. It has been tough enough trying to figure out point spreads and over/unders. Guessing 1st turnover is darned near impossible. Hopefully I can give you a run for your money.

puggymom

Thank you TILTED. In my opinion, last week was a fluke and I got lucky.

PUGGY - best of luck this weekend. It has been tough enough trying to figure out point spreads and over/unders. Guessing 1st turnover is darned near impossible. Hopefully I can give you a run for your money.

Oh you definitely will be. I was very haphazard with my guesses this week! Good luck!

Rael

Supper's Ready
It was a bit of a daunting task to make all of those picks, wasn't it? :lol: I pm'd my picks to retweax and puggymmom, and when I get clev's, I'll post all of them. Good luck, all. :buddies:

It was a bit of a daunting task to make all of those picks, wasn't it? :lol: I pm'd my picks to retweax and puggymmom, and when I get clev's, I'll post all of them. Good luck, all. :buddies:

I am doing them now - got delayed a day, but I am working on it. :yay:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Well, here's the picks card/score card for the Championship Round... pug and wx have 16 of the same picks (out of 26 possible), but have a 37 point differential. clev and I have only 9 of the same picks, but have a 42 point differential.

Best of luck! :buddies:

2010 11 Championship Round Picks.jpg

R

retiredweaxman

Commish, I count a 40 point difference in PUGGY and myself...

18 points in game 1 and 22 points in game 2. Maybe my eyesight is failing me...could you double check for me please?

Rael

Supper's Ready
Commish, I count a 40 point difference in PUGGY and myself...

18 points in game 1 and 22 points in game 2. Maybe my eyesight is failing me...could you double check for me please?

Will check...

Can you (or someone check out the "firsts" in this game)? I may miss them (team to score, sack, penalty, turnover). I'm finishing up some cooking. Thanks.

R

retiredweaxman

Will check...

Can you (or someone check out the "firsts" in this game)? I may miss them (team to score, sack, penalty, turnover). I'm finishing up some cooking. Thanks.

1st to score...GB 7-0...

7:50 left in 1st quarter...no sacks, penalties or turnovers yet...