2010/11 Championship Round - Football Pool

R

retiredweaxman

RAEL - you are right....I could not read my own notes...sorry big guy...

Rael

Supper's Ready
After the first game, it's two close matches:

retiredweaxman 23
puggymom 20

clevalley 21
Rael 18

:buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
So far, it's going to be close between you and I. :yay:

Good luck in the 2nd half. :howdy:

This was a very close one, C. I was going to reply to you earlier about how it very much looked like a puggymom-clevalley Super Bowl, but thought I'd wait it out some to see what happened. As it turned out, the unders reversed that (which I didn't think would happen at all--especially after watching the first half. It looked like the yardage would be well over.

Please double check me to make sure my numbers are good, but here's what I came out with (lots of numbers, so I mean 'double check' me sincerely). I show retiredweaxman and me advancing to the final round:

2010 11 Championship Round Scorecard.jpg

Last edited:
R

retiredweaxman

This was a very close one, C. I was going to reply to you earlier about how it very much looked like a puggymom-clevalley Super Bowl, but thought I'd wait it out some to see what happened. As it turned out, the unders reversed that (which I didn't think would happen at all--especially after watching the first half. It looked like the yardage would be well over.

Please double check me to make sure my numbers are good, but here's what I came out with (lots of numbers, so I mean 'double check' me sincerely). I show retiredweaxman and me advancing to the final round:

View attachment 79785

RAEL - You have me winning by 6 points. By my calculations, I had won by 1 point. I noticed you gave PUGGY 5 points for correctly calling the Steeler victory and that was a 10 point game. I had the final score 46-45.

Rael

Supper's Ready
RAEL - You have me winning by 6 points. By my calculations, I had won by 1 point. I noticed you gave PUGGY 5 points for correctly calling the Steeler victory and that was a 10 point game. I had the final score 46-45.
:yeahthat: I also didn't give 10 to clevalley and myself (probably because we both made the same pick, and it was really N/A). Thanks, will correct it when I get home. :yay:

:yeahthat: I also didn't give 10 to clevalley and myself (probably because we both made the same pick, and it was really N/A). Thanks, will correct it when I get home. :yay:

One Point!?!?! :cds: I didn't make it any further this year than I did last year - always the bridesmaid and never the bride. :bawl:

:lmao: Seriously, great games and if I had to lose to someone I am glad I lost to the commish. :huggy:

Good luck in the final round Rael, and once again - thank you for putting together and excellent program! :clap:

Rael

Supper's Ready
One Point!?!?! :cds: I didn't make it any further this year than I did last year - always the bridesmaid and never the bride. :bawl:
:lmao: Seriously, great games and if I had to lose to someone I am glad I lost to the commish. :huggy:

Good luck in the final round Rael, and once again - thank you for putting together and excellent program! :clap:
It really was close for both. I'm kinda glad to see that, kept everyone in right until the end. One more sack by the Steelers would have won it for you instead of me (no team had more sacks than the other - 2 points). I guess the game of inches played out here this week. :buddies:

R

retiredweaxman

Congrats to Retiredweaxman & Rael for making it to the "Super Bowl " GOOD LUCK to Both !:cheers:

Thanks HOME!!!!!

RAEL - I know in previous posts, you were looking for some different tiebreaks. might I recommend:

1. Will the coin be heads or tails (networks almost always show coin)
2. Which team will receive opening kick off
3. Will the team winning the coin toss receive or defer to the 2nd half.

I thought if we were looking at tiebreaks - instead of flipping a coin here - why not use the "official" coin flip and put an SOMD twist on it?

Rael

Supper's Ready
Thanks HOME!!!!!

RAEL - I know in previous posts, you were looking for some different tiebreaks. might I recommend:

1. Will the coin be heads or tails (networks almost always show coin)
2. Which team will receive opening kick off
3. Will the team winning the coin toss receive or defer to the 2nd half.

I thought if we were looking at tiebreaks - instead of flipping a coin here - why not use the "official" coin flip and put an SOMD twist on it?

We can add, subtract or change any of the categories, or even something as simple as both of us picking different winners. The main reason for all of the categories is tiebreakers. Right now the Packers are favored by 2.5 points, and the O/U is 44.5 points. Any preferences you have on keeping it simple or having it like this past week was (there were thirteen categories)?

R

retiredweaxman

We can add, subtract or change any of the categories, or even something as simple as both of us picking different winners. The main reason for all of the categories is tiebreakers. Right now the Packers are favored by 2.5 points, and the O/U is 44.5 points. Any preferences you have on keeping it simple or having it like this past week was (there were thirteen categories)?

I was very happy with the way it was set up last weekend. That way, we could miss a couple of categories yet still have a chance to pull out a victory.

May I recommend using the same point total that you had set up for the Steelers/Jets game (10 points for picking winner)? This way, the biggest advantage goes to the person that picks the winnner - and isn't that what this is all about?

best of luck RAEL - should be fun to watch in a week and a half!!!

Rael

Supper's Ready
I was very happy with the way it was set up last weekend. That way, we could miss a couple of categories yet still have a chance to pull out a victory.

May I recommend using the same point total that you had set up for the Steelers/Jets game (10 points for picking winner)? This way, the biggest advantage goes to the person that picks the winnner - and isn't that what this is all about?

best of luck RAEL - should be fun to watch in a week and a half!!!

Absolutely. Makes sense to keep it pretty much the same, but to give opportunities that can (possibly) overcome the ten pointer. I'll work on it this weekend. :buddies:

R

retiredweaxman

Sounds like a winner to me. If you post it Monday, I will have my picks in by Wed eve.

As we both seem like honest enough people, are you satisfied with just posting picks here or do you want to send to a 3rd party? I have no problem posting here or sending to someone else.