2011 NHL Playoffs

BuddyLee

Football addict
If I were a Bruins fan I'd be pissed. Up 3-2 with a mere 2 minutes to play and they give up a bone-headed penalty and allow the Canadiens to tie it up. Going to overtime now.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm loving all the overtimes in the first round. Not only that, all the Eastern conference went to 7 games with the exception of the Caps/Rangers series. Good times.:buddies:

OldHillcrestGuy

I dont want the Caps playing Pittsburgh in the next round, guess the Habs are out now, Wow just turned on the TV 8 minutes to go Tampa Bay up 1-0 on Pittsburgh. Go Lightning.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I dont want the Caps playing Pittsburgh in the next round, guess the Habs are out now, Wow just turned on the TV 8 minutes to go Tampa Bay up 1-0 on Pittsburgh. Go Lightning.
I'd rather we face Pittsburgh than the Habs. Even though they were seeded 6th, the Habs were perhaps the quickest team left in the Eastern conference. Couple that with a hot goal-tender in Price and a crafty head coach and you have a long series.

I hate to say this but I'll be rooting for Philly to beat up Boston in the next round. Boston is the only team that scares me.

Tampa Bay would be a huge change of pace for the Caps. It would go from the Rangers who were immensely a defensive team to Tampa Bay who are one of the tops in the league on offense. They have to figure out Roloson early and often. They also need to click a little bit better on their PP than they did last series. Pittsburgh would have won this series already if they had an inkling of a PP.

I wouldn't mind Pittsburgh at all. We've handled them in the regular season and I believe MAF is decent but not a series changing goalie.

kk2187

I would've rather played Pittsburgh next round.. but it is pretty sweet to see them knocked out first round, even with that PP at the end.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Caps will take care of the Lightning in 6 games or less.

They're divisional foes and the Caps had a 4-1-1 record against them with the OT loss being a 1-0 game. The Caps changed their offensive system to a defensive-minded system at the mid-point of the season. During this time, Tampa Bay took as much as a 10 point standings lead in the South Eastern conference. However, Washington stormed back to take the lead by beating Tampa Bay and never looked back. Thus, before the series even begins, Washington has been in Tampa's head. Plus, Washington has been able to rest for an entire week. Tampa just had to play a rough and tumble series with the Pens, which lasted 7 games. First game is Friday at 7 pm EST.

This is almost the perfect match-up for round 2 for the Caps. The Bruce has owned Tampa since he showed up in DC. Something like 19-3-1 in the last 3 years. Pitt, without Crosby and Malkin was up 3-1 on Tampa. We should beat these guys in 6.

I would be very surprised if the Caps lost this series.

OldHillcrestGuy

Im with you in hoping Philly beats Boston. Its going to be tough for that to happen. Flyers goaltenders are the weakest link for that team.
Tampa proably was best scenario for the Caps, but dont under estimate the Lightning, since they acquired Roloson, they have been tough. Look how he handled the Pens powerplay. Tampa has to be tired after coming back down 3-1 to take the series. Roloson no spring chicken either at 41 that series with the Pens had to be hard on him, he should be tired and will only have 1 day of rest before he faces the Caps.

Last edited:

Peter Forsberg

Im with you in hoping Philly beats Boston. Its going to be tough for that to happen. Flyers goaltenders are the weakest link for that team.
Tampa proably was best scenario for the Caps, but dont under estimate the Lightning, since they acquired Roloson, they have been tough. Look how he handled the Pens powerplay. Tampa has to be tired after coming back down 3-1 to take the series. Roloson no spring chicken either at 41 that series with the Pens had to be hard on him, he should be tired and will only have 1 day of rest before he faces the Caps.
Boston and Philly are going to beat the crap out of eachother this series which will help the Caps if they move on. We cameback and beat Boston last year in the playoffs so Boston is going to be hungry. Yes I'm concerned about Goaltending. God I love the NHL playoffs. :buddies:

Last edited:

craptastic

Boston and Philly are going to beat the crap out of eachother this series which will help the Caps if they move on. We cameback and beat Boston last year in the playoffs so Boston is going to be hungry. Yes I'm concerned about Goaltending. God I love the NHL playoffs. :buddies:

I'll be pulling for Philly too...would love to see a Flyers-Caps final :popcorn: I REALLY wanted us to get the Habs for the semis though. We've owned them this year and we have the history of last year to motivate us. Pitt woulda been my 2nd choice but hopefully we can take care of the Lightning too. GO CAPS (and Flyers) lol!

Otter

Nothing to see here
I REALLY wanted us to get the Habs for the semis though. We've owned them this year and we have the history of last year to motivate us. Pitt woulda been my 2nd choice but hopefully we can take care of the Lightning too.

Of all the teams, the Lightning was the team I least wanted to play, even tho we handled them in the regular season, they scare the crap out of me.

LordStanley

I know nothing
I was secretly hoping for Caps/Habs and Flyers/Pens.

Id much rather face a depleted Pens team, that the flyers had a decent season against, then the bruins, who had the upper hand in the regular season series.

14 according to my calculations.

Game 1: Pittsburgh 3, Tampa Bay 0
Game 2: Tampa Bay 5, Pittsburgh 1
Game 3: Pittsburgh 3, Tampa Bay 2
Game 4: Pittsburgh 3, Tampa Bay 2
Game 5: Tampa Bay 8, Pittsburgh 2
Game 6: Tampa Bay 4, Pittsburgh 2
Game 7: Tampa Bay 1, Pittsburgh 0

Right you are.

Peter Forsberg

Game 1: Pittsburgh 3, Tampa Bay 0
Game 2: Tampa Bay 5, Pittsburgh 1