2011 NHL Playoffs

Baz

This. ------------------>
Caps will take care of the Lightning in 6 games or less.

They're divisional foes and the Caps had a 4-1-1 record against them with the OT loss being a 1-0 game. The Caps changed their offensive system to a defensive-minded system at the mid-point of the season. During this time, Tampa Bay took as much as a 10 point standings lead in the South Eastern conference. However, Washington stormed back to take the lead by beating Tampa Bay and never looked back. Thus, before ths even begins, Washington has been in Tampa's head. Plus, Washington has been able to rest for an entire week. Tampa just had to play a rough and tumble series with the Pens, which lasted 7 games. First game is Friday at 7 pm EST.

This is almost the perfect match-up for round 2 for the Caps. The Bruce has o Mmmm-------wned Tampa since he showed up in DC. Something like 19-3-1 in the last 3 years. Pitt, without Cryosby and Malkin was up 3-1 on Tampa. We should beat these guys in 6.

I would be very surprised if the Caps lost this series.

:snacks:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Fact of the Day:

Did you know:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have won the same amount of 2nd round games as have the Caps and Flyers. Combined.

craptastic

I am too. I figured TB would give the Caps a tough fight, but didn't expect them to go up 3-0. Well, it's not over yet, so we'll see.

I fully expect Varly to be in goal tonight, which makes me feel sorry for Nuevy because this is by no means his fault but I think it's their only hope for a "spark" and seeing how they're back to back games I guess it makes that much more sense. I don't want to give up hope yet but I don't have a good feeling, obviously :cussing:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I fully expect Varly to be in goal tonight, which makes me feel sorry for Nuevy because this is by no means his fault but I think it's their only hope for a "spark" and seeing how they're back to back games I guess it makes that much more sense. I don't want to give up hope yet but I don't have a good feeling, obviously :cussing:

I don't think BB is going to stick a rusty, injury-prone goalie in net with the series on the line. Plus, changing goalies won't help the fact that the skaters are making dumb mistakes and Semin and Backstrom are sitting on their butts letting others do all the work! Sorry, I'm just a little bitter. :ohwell:

craptastic

I don't think BB is going to stick a rusty, injury-prone goalie in net with the series on the line. Plus, changing goalies won't help the fact that the skaters are making dumb mistakes and Semin and Backstrom are sitting on their butts letting others do all the work! Sorry, I'm just a little bitter. :ohwell:

Well it will be interesting to see what he does I guess :shrug: Series/playoffs are on the line no matter what goalie is in there so I think he's going to go with the switch. Truth is I doubt us having a hot goalie tonight or not will be the difference maker in the game so I see it as there being nothing to lose by making a switch. Unfortunately.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Well it will be interesting to see what he does I guess :shrug: Series/playoffs are on the line no matter what goalie is in there so I think he's going to go with the switch. Truth is I doubt us having a hot goalie tonight or not will be the difference maker in the game so I see it as there being nothing to lose by making a switch. Unfortunately.

Neuvy has played well, we are missing the production from all of the lines except for the first. I don't see a goalie change in the works, BB just might but I think that he needs to changes lines before changing out Neuvy. A week of rest was supposed to be a good thing, now it is turning into something else to make an issue from for the Caps.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Not even this one??

Attachments

• holtby.jpg
    holtby.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 54

craptastic

Not even this one??

LMAO, well if you're talking that kind of "hot" then yes, it might matter :killingme I would love to see his hot self in goal tonight, like I said before I don't think the goalie is going to matter at this point so he may as well be an entertaining and FINE one :whistle:

craptastic

Neuvy has played well, we are missing the production from all of the lines except for the first. I don't see a goalie change in the works, BB just might but I think that he needs to changes lines before changing out Neuvy. A week of rest was supposed to be a good thing, now it is turning into something else to make an issue from for the Caps.

Changing the goalie wouldn't be because Neuvy has sucked, it would be to spark fire under the team's a$$. It's not unheard of to do this. I think Hendricks and Collins need to play tonight....out with Green and I would love to see Backstrom's butt sit but I know that won't happen.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Changing the goalie wouldn't be because Neuvy has sucked, it would be to spark fire under the team's a$$. It's not unheard of to do this. I think Hendricks and Collins need to play tonight....out with Green and I would love to see Backstrom's butt sit but I know that won't happen.

I understand the motivational fire that it can provide, I just don't see the need to yank Neuvy. Your ideas about Hendricks and Collins taking the places for Green and Backstrom sound like a good idea to me though!