2020 Dems make it clear if Supreme Court upholds Trump emergency declaration, they’ll go after guns

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Precedence - Actions or decisions in the past that inform future decisions
Precedent - A specific action or decision that informs future decisions
President - Dude with the floppy hair.

There is precedence for the President setting precedents.
Precedence: : the fact of coming or occurring earlier in time

That's all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's disturbing that there is even one person in these United States who is in favor of the citizenry being stripped of a constitutional right for political revenge.

What's next, they'll declare a national emergency on our free speech? Ban religions they don't like? Declare Fox News a national emergency and ban it? What else in the Bill of Rights don't they like?

This_person

It's disturbing that there is even one person in these United States who is in favor of the citizenry being stripped of a constitutional right for political revenge.

What's next, they'll declare a national emergency on our free speech? Ban religions they don't like? Declare Fox News a national emergency and ban it? What else in the Bill of Rights don't they like?
But, what they don't get is that THEIR rights would be violated. I mean, it's not hate speech to say "you ****ing old white people", but it IS hate speech to say, "you (insert any description here, regardless of how benign or not) (insert any minority, ethnicity, or sexual orientation except for white male)", and that's "hate speech". Because, if you agree with the agenda, you can do no wrong, but if you don't hate white men, especially older white men, who have their gender match their sex and maybe think for themselves (meaning are more conservative, as a general rule), then you are wrong and bad and need to be censured.

They're not afraid for excessive governmental power turning on them, because it is them that will control what excessive governmental power will do.

Toxick

Splat
What else in the Bill of Rights don't they like?

The ban on search and seizure without due process is a bit of an obstacle and pretty annoying. We see in movies all the time how bypassing that makes things much easier to put away bad guys who desperately deserve it.

And that fifth amendment is a YUGE pain in the ass.

Toxick

Splat
I'd tweak the First Amendment so that groups can't mob streets and walkways and inconvenience everyone else because they want to bitch about something.

No - I think groups should be allowed to mob streets.

I just don't think anyone using the streets in the appropriate manner (i.e. driving at 55 MPH) should be held accountable when some wayward moron decides to air his grievances where chunks of metal weighing between 650-700 kgs are being hurled around with a velocity of 25 m/s.

Idiots.

Midnightrider

Yet here you are supporting the president violating the constitution which does exactly what you describe.

Logic isn’t your friend

This_person

Yet here you are supporting the president violating the constitution which does exactly what you describe.

Logic isn’t your friend
Is it your contention that 50 U.S. Code § 1621 is unconstitutional law?

If so, why didn't Congress declare the 43 year old law as the reason Trump must rescind his declaration of emergency instead of simply following the law through their (so far failed) attempt to declare the emergency terminated?

Hijinx

Golly Gee. If The Supreme Court upholds the law and allows Trump to build the wall they will go after our guns.

Big Fugging Deal.

They have been after them for the lat 15 years anyway.
They want confiscation, they have made no secret of that.
It is what they truly want so they can truly control us.

We will not comply, is what the people in Annapolis had on their T shirts last week. (I want one).
They wish to make criminals of anyone who would stand up for their 2nd. Amendment rights.
Go head try it. see how far that gets you.
They want war and dead Americans, and they will get them if they try that sh1t

This_person

Logic isn’t your friend
Is it your contention that 50 U.S. Code § 1621 is unconstitutional law?

If so, why didn't Congress declare the 43 year old law as the reason Trump must rescind his declaration of emergency instead of simply following the law through their (so far failed) attempt to declare the emergency terminated?

LtownTaxpayer

Congress is very careful to protect their "constitutional authority". I wish they were equally devoted to protecting our natural rights (often referred to as Constitutional rights).