Michelle Obma named fitness role model.

ImnoMensa

Michelle Obama named fitness role model - UPI.com

I am certainly sorry for anything disparaging I have ever said about Muchell Obama 's looks It seems you guys were right and I was wrong, since fitness magazine deemed her a role model for fitness.

I would have made another pick, but they obviously are much More expert at such things than I . I would probably have picked someone who runs marathons , hunts and fishes,rides snowmobiles writes books. But like I say, these folks are a lot wiser than I. :buddies:

Attachments

• Sarah.jpg
    Sarah.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Michelle.jpg
    Michelle.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 154

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

I am certainly sorry for anything disparaging I have ever said about Muchell Obama 's looks It seems you guys were right and I was wrong, since fitness magazine deemed her a role model for fitness.

I would have made another pick, but they obviously are much More expert at such things than I . I would probably have picked someone who runs marathons , hunts and fishes,rides snowmobiles writes books. But like I say, these folks are a lot wiser than I. :buddies:

Yeah, I guess they are a little more hip than the rest of us! :lol: :buddies:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

You gotta be kidding me!! :killingme She has a bigger belly than I do!! Not to mention her fat ass. :killingme

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I think they choose her because the black community has such a problem with obesity..that a black role model would help in that regard. I think it is positive to highlight ANYONE who takes care of themselves and tries to be healthy...and if they think she could "get to" a certain segment that may wish to look up to her..I think it is positive.

btw. Palin is hot.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I think they choose her because the black community has such a problem with obesity..that a black role model would help in that regard. I think it is positive to highlight ANYONE who takes care of themselves and tries to be healthy...and if they think she could "get to" a certain segment that may wish to look up to her..I think it is positive.

btw. Palin is hot.

The point that the article seems to make as far as I can see when comparing the two pictures, is who is a better example of a physical fitness ideal?

Sara Palin or Michelle Obama?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

She's also the First Lady and the first one we've had who's a health nut, so she is somewhat unique. I think it's positive, too. :yay:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
The point that the article seems to make as far as I can see when comparing the two pictures, is who is a better example of a physical fitness ideal?

Everyone has a bad picture..look at jessica simpson's "mom jeans" pic. She is quite fit. I dont like the woman cuz of her "proud" comments..but you can't argue she isn't fit..shes got terrific arms.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Not to objectify The First Lady as 'just a woman' but IMO, it depends on what Mrs. Obama wears that makes her either look like a linebacker or a ballroom dancer. Case in point.....The President's Inaugural Ball. But, put her in a business suit and.....she looks like a linebacker.....must be the shoulder pads.

Sarah Palin? :drool: She'd look good in a flannel potato sack.

ImnoMensa

Someone needs to tell her to work on her posture before anything else.

Stevie Wonder could see that Michelle wasnt picked for her fitness, she was obviously picked because she is the First lady and they wish to be invited to a White House Dinner. She has taken up the banner of fighting Childhood Obesity, which is a good idea,even though she cannot be the Poster Child for the program.

It is a wholly ridiculous pick Serena Williams was another lady picked.

I am beginning to see a pattern:killingme

Attachments

• serena-williams-butt-photo.jpg
    serena-williams-butt-photo.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 103

Cowgirl

Hey Genius, did you know that physical fitness does not equal thinness? Someone can be skinny and unfit, just so ya know.

Stevie Wonder could see that Michelle wasnt picked for her fitness, she was obviously picked because she is the First lady and they wish to be invited to a White House Dinner. She has taken up the banner of fighting Childhood Obesity, which is a good idea,even though she cannot be the Poster Child for the program.

It is a wholly ridiculous pick Serena Williams was another lady picked.

I am beginning to see a pattern:killingme

You think Serena Williams isn't fit? :confused:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hey Genius, did you know that physical fitness does not equal thinness? Someone can be skinny and unfit, just so ya know.

You think Serena Williams isn't fit? :confused:

You are telling us that Sara Palin does NOT look more physically fit than Michelle Obama in those 2 photos? Is that your claim? :lol:

Cowgirl

You are telling us that Sara Palin does NOT look more physically fit than Michelle Obama in those 2 photos? Is that your claim? :lol:

I'm saying you can't tell how physically fit someone is by looking at them. There's more to being fit than just being thin.

ImnoMensa

I'm saying you can't tell how physically fit someone is by looking at them. There's more to being fit than just being thin.

Yes : We all know Michelle has muscular arms. And Serena looks like she could take Mike Tyson in 4 rounds.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes : We all know Michelle has muscular arms. And Serena looks like she could take Mike Tyson in 4 rounds.

Just because strong muscular women aren't your idea of beauty doesn't make them unfit or unhealthy. I'm pretty sure that neither Michelle nor Serena are dying for you to find them attractive.