Question about the Jason Aldean Concert

zigg72md

My wife was trying to get home tonight from grocery shopping with my two small children(ages 2 nad 4) in the van. As she finnally gets off RT4 and enters the circle she is told by a Calvert Sherriffs deputy that she is going the wrong way... RT4 is behind you. After explaining that she is not lost and she lives in Saint Leonard she is told that she can't go home because she might hit someone in the road.

Now my question is: Why should my wife and two small kids have to wait to get home?

This is unacceptable to me and I am sure most of the 100's of houses that are back here with no other way to get to and from. Why should we have to adjust our lives?

Bowser

please re-read your post

My wife was trying to get home tonight from grocery shopping with my two small children(ages 2 nad 4) in the van. As she finnally gets off RT4 and enters the circle she is told by a Calvert Sherriffs deputy that she is going the wrong way... RT4 is behind you. After explaining that she is not lost and she lives in Saint Leonard she is told that she can't go home because she might hit someone in the road.

Now my question is: Why should my wife and two small kids have to wait to get home?

This is unacceptable to me and I am sure most of the 100's of houses that are back here with no other way to get to and from. Why should we have to adjust our lives?

it doesn't make sense.

zigg72md

it doesn't make sense.

Your right it doesn't make sense that an officer of the law would tell someone they can't go home because of a music concert. Because they are not smart enough to know to avoid people jay walking in the street to get to their illegally parked cars.

To answer your real question...What part.... I live in Saint Leonard in Calvert Beach Estates. Which is east of the traffic circle. My wife was in Prince Fredrick and was trying to get home. She was told she had to go back out on to RT4(the way she came) and that she was not allowed to travel from the circle east down Calvert Beach Rd.

This happened about 7:00. I don't know what time the concert was over. It doesn't matter. My point is we should be able to get to our homes.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Your right it doesn't make sense that an officer of the law would tell someone they can't go home because of a music concert. Because they are not smart enough to know to avoid people jay walking in the street to get to their illegally parked cars.

To answer your real question...What part.... I live in Saint Leonard in Calvert Beach Estates. Which is east of the traffic circle. My wife was in Prince Fredrick and was trying to get home. She was told she had to go back out on to RT4(the way she came) and that she was not allowed to travel from the circle east down Calvert Beach Rd.

This happened about 7:00. I don't know what time the concert was over. It doesn't matter. My point is we should be able to get to our homes.

That is about the time the concert let out... If she had to wait a few minutes she should think about how much money that concert brought in to St. Leonard VOLUNTEER Fire Department. Your family might need them one day.

zigg72md

That is about the time the concert let out... If she had to wait a few minutes she should think about how much money that concert brought in to St. Leonard VOLUNTEER Fire Department. Your family might need them one day.

It doesn't matter. My point is we should be able to get to our homes. And not be stopped because of people jay walking in the street to get to their illegally parked cars.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
It doesn't matter. My point is we should be able to get to our homes. And not be stopped because of people jay walking in the street to get to their illegally parked cars.

She was able to get home.. it was just a slight delay. Sorry but I say suck it up and get over it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Given the number of concerts at that venue, I'm certain this isn't the first time the cops have re-routed traffic to accommodate the concert-goers. I think in the future, you might be aware of community happenings and plan your excursions accordingly.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If someone had a fatal car accident in that area, it's quite possible the police would block the road off and you would be a LOT longer getting home - and wouldn't have even had prior notice.

Like Vrai said - that organization has been having concerts & events all summer long - where have you been?!

BTW, I hope you support your local volunteer fire department.

zigg72md

Given the number of concerts at that venue, I'm certain this isn't the first time the cops have re-routed traffic to accommodate the concert-goers. I think in the future, you might be aware of community happenings and plan your excursions accordingly.

Well you are wrong. This is the first time the police(not the fire department) have told my wife or I that we couldn't go home because of a concert(not an accident). Where have I been... I live there...I am not a stupid, clueless illiterate. Of course I knew there was a concert last night and every other concert there, at Calvert Marine and other places as well.

As for being re-routed by an accident... What does that have to do with making people wait for jaywalkers going to their illegally parked cars.

BTW, I hope you support your local volunteer fire department. I don't appreciate your infering that I don't just because I want to be able to get home.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well you are wrong. This is the first time the police(not the fire department) have told my wife or I that we couldn't go home because of a concert(not an accident). Where have I been... I live there...I am not a stupid, clueless illiterate. Of course I knew there was a concert last night and every other concert there, at Calvert Marine and other places as well.

As for being re-routed by an accident... What does that have to do with making people wait for jaywalkers going to their illegally parked cars.

BTW, I hope you support your local volunteer fire department. I don't appreciate your infering that I don't just because I want to be able to get home.

Maybe it's just a conspiracy by the police to keep the Calvert Beach residents out of their homes and allow those illegally parked jailbirds, er...jaywalkers to get away with murder.

You were inconvenienced. The fact is - the concert was a planned inconvenience that you could have better prepared for. :biggrin: My point about the accident is that is the type of event would be UNplanned, and therefore, you could have been unable to get home in that case, too.

Sheesh!

BTW, you inferred. I didn't.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

OP should attend a NASCAR race in Richmond. :lol:

C

campinmutt

if she would have come in down near calvert bounty ...she could have gotten around the circle with no problem ....or even cut through the fast stop parking lot.there are three concerts a year and it brings in good money for the fire dept.....so please be patient on those three evenings ...

awpitt

Main Streeter

Would you have been just as upset if it had been your wife and two big kids?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
if she would have come in down near calvert bounty ...she could have gotten around the circle with no problem ....or even cut through the fast stop parking lot.there are three concerts a year and it brings in good money for the fire dept.....so please be patient on those three evenings ...

This makes too much sense. :biggrin:

bbtransp

bbtransp
You'll have that mentality as long as Mike Evans is Top Dog. He lives across rt. 4 from the concert and is a supporter of that stuff. Also, he does not care about any inconvenience to residents whether official or not. Remember that in November.

refugee44

Is this your version of a temper tantrum? Honestly, I see absolutely no point in people posting complaints like this online. IF you had such an issue with this, contact the Sheriff's Office and file a complaint. THAT is your ONLY recourse. This posting is nothing more than a hissy fit, and hissy fits are never attractive.

BTW... Congrats to SLVFD for putting on another GREAT concert!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You'll have that mentality as long as Mike Evans is Top Dog. He lives across rt. 4 from the concert and is a supporter of that stuff. Also, he does not care about any inconvenience to residents whether official or not. Remember that in November.

Sheesh...People should just be aware of what's going on around them and make alternate plans. Three concerts in 365 days? It wasn't like they could not get home. :lol:

And I'm not necessarily an Evans supporter but I love most of that "stuff" they have at SLVFD. Great venue, great concerts, just an all around good experience. Your not going to please everyone, there's always a party pooper.

You complainers probably get upset at not getting to Giant and back when Santa comes to PF in the parade in December.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Because YOU CHOSE to drive by a well publicized event at the worst possible time. :shrug:

Why didn't you have the kids and allow your wife to go grocery shopping without them?

zigg72md

No she couldn't. they wouldn't let her past the circle and everywhere else was also blocked.

Yes I would have been upset if I had grown kids.

I did file a complaint with the Sherriff department

The reason for this post was to inform others what is going on in their county, and to ask for advice(preferably from an officer) on how I should deal with this situation should it happen again.

My wife was told she had to wait an undetermined time before she could go home.

As for CHOOSING to drive past a public event at a venue that didn't exist when I purchased my home??? Sorry that has no weight with me.

I didn't have the kids becasue I was working night shift.