Best places to get married in SOMD?

I know this topic comes up occasionally...I ran across a "best places" link on the web this afternoon and thought I'd throw it out to the masses. Do you agree with this list??

Best 5 Places to Get Married in Southern Maryland

I like the St. Mary's City idea...but not so sure about the Breton Bay club. Isn't that just for receptions? Never heard of Running Hare vineyards either, but it sounds nice. What about a nice barn? :buddies:

dontknowwhy

I went with the Leonardtown Courthouse...cheap, not many people...& it was close to Duke's...But now I'm divorced....I really miss Duke's...

mdff21

Sotterly in St. Mary's

Jefferson Patterson Park in Calvert

St. Mary's City

Kings Landing Park in Calvert

BOP

I know this topic comes up occasionally...I ran across a "best places" link on the web this afternoon and thought I'd throw it out to the masses. Do you agree with this list??

I like the St. Mary's City idea...but not so sure about the Breton Bay club. Isn't that just for receptions? Never heard of Running Hare vineyards either, but it sounds nice. What about a nice barn? :buddies:

Around here?

Family reunion.

:whistle:

Son got married at Jefferson Patterson Park
Daughter got married at Kings Landing Park

Both equally beautiful and accommodating...depending on what you want for your special day. :howdy:

sm8

I really like "Greenwell state park" They have a house you can rent. There are pictures on the website.

elgskye

That new conference center on base. They do ceremonys down next to the water and receptions in the building. Best of both worlds.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Courtney's or Buzz's country store if you want the real SoMD experience.

But you have to marry a sibling.

Last edited:

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Running Hare Vineyard has a lovely Tuscan-style house they use for weddings and receptions.

Pushrod

Patriot

I was married at Breton Bay. The outdoor pavilion over looking the water was spectacular and then all the guests just had to walk 50 yards into the house for the reception.
I've been to two weddings at St. Mary's city. It is a beautiful place for a wedding but is limited in size, so your guest list can't be too big.