Doctors that take HealthShare

seansgirl

Do any of you know of any primary care doctors that take HealthShare insurance? It's the local insurance provided through the county/hospital.

dachsom

Do any of you know of any primary care doctors that take HealthShare insurance? It's the local insurance provided through the county/hospital.

First, HealthShare is not insurance. It is a group of medical professionals that provide services at a reduced cost. There are very few dr's in St Mary's County that accept it. The only two that I found when I had it was Dr. Boyd in Leonardtown and 1 or 2 at Shah Associates. This may have changed since I had it. You can try Social Services to see if they have a list. Also, if you need to have labs or x-rays done, you MUST have them done at St. Mary's Hospital for them to be covered.

redbear101282

First, HealthShare is not insurance. It is a group of medical professionals that provide services at a reduced cost. There are very few dr's in St Mary's County that accept it. The only two that I found when I had it was Dr. Boyd in Leonardtown and 1 or 2 at Shah Associates. This may have changed since I had it. You can try Social Services to see if they have a list. Also, if you need to have labs or x-rays done, you MUST have them done at St. Mary's Hospital for them to be covered.

social services doesnt have a list, have tried it. the only thing they told me when i had it was to call all the doctors offices. Family Practice in the Bean building used to take it, but they started refusing to see me cause i had it, havent been back since. havent found anyone yet who does.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
You could try calling Rakhi Krishnan. She has 2 locations. I dont have her number on hand but its in the phone book...

dachsom

social services doesnt have a list, have tried it. the only thing they told me when i had it was to call all the doctors offices. Family Practice in the Bean building used to take it, but they started refusing to see me cause i had it, havent been back since. havent found anyone yet who does.

Good luck. Try Dr. Boyd in Leonardtown. He used to take it. Have you applied for PAC? That is insurance through the state but it is difficult to find a doctor that takes it also. It isn't Medicaid and has alot of restrictions on it but it is better than Healthshare.

wineo

loving life
Good luck. Try Dr. Boyd in Leonardtown. He used to take it. Have you applied for PAC? That is insurance through the state but it is difficult to find a doctor that takes it also. It isn't Medicaid and has alot of restrictions on it but it is better than Healthshare.

St. Clements Medical takes it, they have an office in Leon. It is true, you have to call each Dr. and ask...........Good Luck