22LR Handgun, Revolver or Autoloader?

Dukesdad

I have a ruger MK 2 with a bull barrel. Very very accurate no jamming problems over thousands of rounds. I also have a single 6 that I like.

HunterJJD

I want the Ruger Mark III will Bull Barrel or the Beretta U22 Neos w/ 6" barrel... I have always wanted a semi-auto .22 for plinking.

I am not abig fan of the Mark III, I like the Mark I and LOVE the Mark II bull barrels. I have a few of them and the Taget Bull is just out of this world

Also BuckMark is a very nice semi 22 also. Lighter then the Rugers

I could not remember if the MKII or MKIII had a bull barrell - I think I shot the MKII - I could never keep them straight as I have not had a lot of time with them.

But I want one!!!

edinsomd

I have not read the thread, but, take my advise and from many friends, stay far away from a .22LR semi, those things have too many issues with jamming up, especially the Berreta Neos models. Stick with something like a revolver. Taurus is an excellent choice.

My Ruger MK III Target (5 1/4" bull barrel) shoots VERY well with CCI Mini Mags. Most .22s have a "favorite" brand; part of the fun is finding out which. Keeping them clean helps a lot, too. I've also done some trigger mods to it, and put on a nice red dot sight. Its loads of fun to shoot, and I can hit golf balls past 30 yards with it. Also, .22LR ammo is CHEAP!
Ed

edinsomd

I could not remember if the MKII or MKIII had a bull barrell - I think I shot the MKII - I could never keep them straight as I have not had a lot of time with them.

But I want one!!!

Ruger MKII has the mag release on the bottom of the grip, MKIII has it where it belongs, also has a loaded chamber indicator and cannot be fired without a magazine inserted. Otherwise they're the same.
So go get one!
Ed

Ruger MKII has the mag release on the bottom of the grip, MKIII has it where it belongs, also has a loaded chamber indicator and cannot be fired without a magazine inserted. Otherwise they're the same.
So go get one!
Ed

So the MK III is just as good as the MK II - I thought there was something goofy between the two...

I just need to go gete one... where is the best place for prices on them??? I have not bought a pistol since Accokeek Sports was in business :yikes: - Lou Dillon was a friend of my best friends father and I got a good price on my 92F years ago...

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

Attachments

• p226-22lr-11.JPG
    p226-22lr-11.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 63

ski357

I have a MK II-enjoy it very much, the Browning Buckmasters are also nice. I don't think you can go wrong with a Ruger MK II or III though. JMHO

edinsomd

So the MK III is just as good as the MK II - I thought there was something goofy between the two...

I just need to go gete one... where is the best place for prices on them??? I have not bought a pistol since Accokeek Sports was in business :yikes: - Lou Dillon was a friend of my best friends father and I got a good price on my 92F years ago...

Around here it’s either D's or Tackle Box, neither one is especially kind price-wise. Find a local dealer with an FFL and shop on-line would be the best bet.
Ed

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Around here it’s either D's or Tackle Box, neither one is especially kind price-wise. Find a local dealer with an FFL and shop on-line would be the best bet.
Ed
Doesn't look like a very good weekend to do any shooting. I have an overnight with the Scout Den Saturday and won't be back until early Sunday afternoon. It looks like it has a possibility of snow. Yuck!