CiCi's Pizza Closed?

DanceMom

Does anyone know what happened to CiCi's Pizza in Lex Park? My kids loved it there, and it appears to be closed.

D1VA

Does anyone know what happened to CiCi's Pizza in Lex Park? My kids loved it there, and it appears to be closed.

yea its been a bout a month now. i still never heard why it closed. it happened pretty fast too.

Justme2

I tell you what I know

I was in there about a week before it shut down which has been a good month or so. I was met with three women employees at the register and you would of thought I was at a funeral. No smiles or welcomes it was "How many" I said to them don't look so gloomy. The one woman and I had a conversation about how the manager quit last week or so and she was working 60 plus hours a week to keep this place running and rest of the employees are her family. And she does this because she knows that they all need their jobs.

It looked to me that what ever was going on every one there was in just get it by mode. (You know just enough to get thru your shift) Must of been at least 15 or 20 tables there that needed cleaned off and the woman that just came on shift for the evening wasn't happy because it look as if nobody bothered to clean a table all day. And in general the entire place was just dirty looking and the bathroom was beyond that but have to admit it did have paper towels. So now you know what I know.

One or two things either health department shut it down or they were not making any money.:howdy:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I was in there about a week before it shut down which has been a good month or so. I was met with three women employees at the register and you would of thought I was at a funeral. No smiles or welcomes it was "How many" I said to them don't look so gloomy. The one woman and I had a conversation about how the manager quit last week or so and she was working 60 plus hours a week to keep this place running and rest of the employees are her family. And she does this because she knows that they all need their jobs.

It looked to me that what ever was going on every one there was in just get it by mode. (You know just enough to get thru your shift) Must of been at least 15 or 20 tables there that needed cleaned off and the woman that just came on shift for the evening wasn't happy because it look as if nobody bothered to clean a table all day. And in general the entire place was just dirty looking and the bathroom was beyond that but have to admit it did have paper towels. So now you know what I know.

One or two things either health department shut it down or they were not making any money.:howdy:

Health department had nothing to do with it. They weren't able to compete anymore during lunch, and not too many people want pizza buffet for dinner.. So they just weren't able to make the money needed to keep the place open.

sm8

I was told by an ex employee that they had not paid there rent in over 8 months so she knew it was just a matter of time. According to her the employees were told the close would be temporary and that they were going to try and reopen in Charlotte Hall (not sure if there is any truth to that or not). She said they did not even know the day it was going to close, that she went to work to open and the sign was on the door.

Pete

Repete
It might have close because it was the epitome of grossness, the apex of horrible, the peak of disgusting, paramount to the feeling you get the instant dry heaves give way to a full on projectile vomit, galactically bad, an affront to sustenance even in its most basic form, insulting even to the palate of an ass licking dog, so bad even prisons were legally barred from feeding to it inmates, 3 notches lower than a #### sandwich on the "deletable" scale, so unsavory that a starving dingo would turn away from it, vultures flew AWAY because eating the ass out of a roadkill skunk was more appetizing, so bad that Child Protective Services put it on 24 hour surveillance and people taking their children there were given a summons for child abuse, so nasty the producers of Survivor opted not to make it part of the immunity challenge, and so gastronomically offensive I would rather eat a stack of pre-made freezer pancakes with sewage syrup.

It might have close because it was the epitome of grossness, the apex of horrible, the peak of disgusting, paramount to the feeling you get the instant dry heaves give way to a full on projectile vomit, galactically bad, an affront to sustenance even in its most basic form, insulting even to the palate of an ass licking dog, so bad even prisons were legally barred from feeding to it inmates, 3 notches lower than a #### sandwich on the "deletable" scale, so unsavory that a starving dingo would turn away from it, vultures flew AWAY because eating the ass out of a roadkill skunk was more appetizing, so bad that Child Protective Services put it on 24 hour surveillance and people taking their children there were given a summons for child abuse, so nasty the producers of Survivor opted not to make it part of the immunity challenge, and so gastronomically offensive I would rather eat a stack of pre-made freezer pancakes with sewage syrup.
You talking about the one in Lexington Park or the one in California...:confused:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

So I take it you weren't in their fan club :lol:

BOP

Don't hold back, Pete; tell us how you really feel.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
not too many people want pizza buffet for dinner

Not true. When I worked at Bambino's back in the day, we had pizza buffet once a week and the place was always jam packed.

Cici's was revolting and filthy, so that's probably why they didn't do a good business. Maybe if they'd taken out the trash once in awhile, cleaned off a few tables, maybe mopped the floor occasionally, and perhaps kept fresh pizzas on the buffet, they'd still be there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And this too ^^

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Not true. When I worked at Bambino's back in the day, we had pizza buffet once a week and the place was always jam packed.

Cici's was revolting and filthy, so that's probably why they didn't do a good business. Maybe if they'd taken out the trash once in awhile, cleaned off a few tables, maybe mopped the floor occasionally, and perhaps kept fresh pizzas on the buffet, they'd still be there.

You worked for Ken?