25th Amendment Fantasy

SamSpade

The long and short of it is We have the ACA in place. Why waste all that time, effort and money by under mining it when we can just spend a little effort shoring it up and making it work for everyone.
Because the public hates it. Because it screwed an enormous number of people. Because with all its promises of insuring more people, we still seem to have the same number of uninsured we had before.
Because it's expensive, restrictive and the government is compelling people to buy it and it sucks. It does not lower premiums, it is not affordable and after seven years of Obama, it's swirling the drain.

The ACA was put in place without a single Republican vote. You might think of them as "the opposition" but they represent people and their votes.
Easily half the nation was against it from the start, and the smirk from the Democrats was just shut up and color, you'll like it just fine.

Time to pull the plug.

Maybe someone can find a solution that WILL lower premiums, lower costs and work for everyone.
As it stands, the ACA is a failure. Some heaps you don't fix - you just throw them out and start over.

Sapidus

Because the public hates it. Because it screwed an enormous number of people. Because with all its promises of insuring more people, we still seem to have the same number of uninsured we had before.
Because it's expensive, restrictive and the government is compelling people to buy it and it sucks. It does not lower premiums, it is not affordable and after seven years of Obama, it's swirling the drain.

The ACA was put in place without a single Republican vote. You might think of them as "the opposition" but they represent people and their votes.
Easily half the nation was against it from the start, and the smirk from the Democrats was just shut up and color, you'll like it just fine.

Time to pull the plug.

Maybe someone can find a solution that WILL lower premiums, lower costs and work for everyone.
As it stands, the ACA is a failure. Some heaps you don't fix - you just throw them out and start over.

How many votes does Trump's new EO have?

Have you even read it? Do you understand that it won't do any of the things you are hoping for like lowering costs or working for everyone.

Tell me what about Trump , a pro business reality show businessman makes you think he is going to side with the people vs business on this one?

What makes you think it is ok for poor people and people with pre existing conditions to be allowed to be taken advantage of by these business's?

Sapidus

I'm all for making Pence our president.

Agreed. I have a problem with his religious zealotry but at least he has some experience and is able to compose himself with some decency in public and when meeting with foreign leaders. I think he would be a far superior president which is frightening to even type.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Agreed. I have a problem with his religious zealotry but at least he has some experience and is able to compose himself with some decency in public and when meeting with foreign leaders. I think he would be a far superior president which is frightening to even type.

You need to recalibrate your sarcasm radar. You opt for Pence of Trump? You better be careful what you ask for.

Hijinx

If Pence were President, Sap and Midnight and TJ would be on him like stink on a skunk.
Who do they think they are fooling.

Sapidus

You need to recalibrate your sarcasm radar. You opt for Pence of Trump? You better be careful what you ask for.

No sarcasm. I believe it’s better the devil you know then a petulant child who swings wildly from idiotic idea to idiotic idea

black dog

Free America

LOL,, That's pretty funny coming from you, You might wanna read up on VP Pence a little more there lefty.

BOP

You continually say that but offer no proof other than a list of EO’s and continuing economic trends. Are you going to his yanking of insurance from poor people as a win?

What legislation has he passed? How has he shown his political savvy by bringing parties together?

Remember when Quayle couldn’t spell potato and that was enough to make people not vote for him. What a simpler time that was. Politifact has trump at over 1500 lies publicly or on twitter so far. In 7 months so He is either deliberately lying or extremely uneducated.

Either way he is unqualified, boarish not to mention guilty of fraud and sexual harrasment

F*ck poor people; what have they ever done for the rest of the country besides take, take, take, and vote for the demonrat party?

PsyOps

Pixelated
F*ck poor people; what have they ever done for the rest of the country besides take, take, take, and vote for the demonrat party?

That's an unfair statement. I know someone who's husband died at a young age, unexpectedly leaving her single, having to raise three children and suddenly get a job that could support that. She has struggled all of her life since. I think of the coal mines of West Virginia and Kentucky that went out of business because of natural gas. Complete towns and cities gone dry economically. Millions out of jobs that had to find a way to move, with no money, get trained on another skill, and find another job. These people were the one that crawled in unforgivable places to bring fuel and electrical power to our homes. So, what have they ever done? There's your answer.

Sapidus

This is the attitude of a good chunk of the Republican Party and it’s sickening.

Sapidus

LOL,, That's pretty funny coming from you, You might wanna read up on VP Pence a little more there lefty.

That’s exactly the thing. I would rather be governed by someone who I diametrically oppose but works within government pareameters to effect change. You know the system of checks and balances?

I would rather Pence as he seems to be more mild mannered and level headed and not prone to outbursts of idiocy based on his need for the people to cheer for him.

Hijinx

That’s exactly the thing. I would rather be governed by someone who I diametrically oppose but works within government pareameters to effect change. You know the system of checks and balances?

I would rather Pence as he seems to be more mild mannered and level headed and not prone to outbursts of idiocy based on his need for the people to cheer for him.

You would bitch about Pence the same way you bitch about trump
Who do you think you are kidding.

If the party in power isn't giving away sh1t you guys cry.
That's the Democrat platform.
Take away from the producers and give to the constituency that votes Dem.

Sapidus

You would bitch about Pence the same way you bitch about trump
Who do you think you are kidding.

If the party in power isn't giving away sh1t you guys cry.
That's the Democrat platform.
Take away from the producers and give to the constituency that votes Dem.

You might wanna educate yourself about who is earning more money. Republicans or democrats. You might learn a thing or two.

I would rather be governed by a rational politician I disagree with over a spoiled toddler I disagree with any day.