Cards Honor Pat Tillman

mainman

Set Trippin
In addition, the team plans to retire Tillman’s number 40 jersey, only the fifth retired number in club history (8–Larry Wilson, 77–Stan Maudlin, 88–J.V. Cain, 99–Marshall Goldberg). No player has worn the number 40 since Tillman last played for the team in 2001. The team also will be consulting with the National Football League regarding display of Tillman’s number ‘40’ on team apparel.
...rest of the article

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Re: Cards Honor Pat Tillman

Originally posted by Ken King
I wonder if the NFL will make him an honorary inductee into the Hall of Fame? They should.
I totally agree Ken... This man exemplifies the term Role Model as far as I'm comcerned, if my child was to look to a professional athlete as a role model, I would not mind if it was Tillman...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Cards Honor Pat Tillman

Originally posted by mainman
I totally agree Ken... This man exemplifies the term Role Model as far as I'm comcerned, if my child was to look to a professional athlete as a role model, I would not mind if it was Tillman...
Yep, one hell of a role model (especially when compared to some of the whinny contract holdout types or criminals that inhabit the world of professional athletics).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A beautiful tribute

16584.JPG

Rest in Peace.