27.7 Mph

Took the eldest boy out on the maiden voyage (not counting <5 minute test run on Sunday) of the boat tonight. Put in at Hallowing Point. Ran up river to a friend's farm. 27.7 MPH running with the tide, 25.3 against the tide.

:yahoo:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Huntr, I'm always impressed by your stories and the time you spend with your children. You're a great father and your kids are going to have wonderful memories of their childhood. :huggy:

TurboK9

Took the eldest boy out on the maiden voyage (not counting <5 minute test run on Sunday) of the boat tonight. Put in at Hallowing Point. Ran up river to a friend's farm. 27.7 MPH running with the tide, 25.3 against the tide.

:yahoo:

You're lucky.

Our maiden voyage ended badly. Down the Patuxent from near the Benedict bridge to Solomons averaging 37 MPH in the old Grady. Went well, kids sitting up in the bow getting soaked by spray, it was a wee rough. Stopped for fuel in Mill Creek. She wouldn't restart. Opened the doghouse and oil was EVERYWHERE. Serious blow-by, ruh-roh. Thankee for TowBoat US unlimited... get towed to KB Derr and trailered back to the house... compression on #3 cylinder was 30#, should be 145#, that explained it... Pulled the head, no wall damage so the rings are worn/stuck. I'm yanking the motor and rebuilding the bottom end. :p

Thanks to TowBoat US for making a miserable event fun for my kids, LOL. The operator put my kids in the captains seat :) they had a blast.