Helping a turtle cross the road

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Came across this which provides good information about how to help a snapping turtle w/o getting bitten. I think the video could do w/o the "go to sleep" music playing in the background. Sounds like something you'd hear at a funeral.

Lilypad

AR, thanks for the video!
Most of the snapping turtles I've taken out of the road are almost as big as my car floor mat. I grab a large branch or a piece of wood and let them latch onto it and drag them off the road. They hiss, rise on their hind legs and can arch their heads half way back and/or under their shell. :faint: :yikes:
They are fierce creatures not to be mess with.:cds: If they grab hold of you, be prepared to take action. :jameo:

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
AR, thanks for the video!
Most of the snapping turtles I've taken out of the road are almost as big as my car floor mat. I grab a large branch or a piece of wood and let them latch onto it and drag them off the road. They hiss, rise on their hind legs and can arch their heads half way back and/or under their shell. :faint: :yikes:
They are fierce creatures not to be mess with.:cds: If they grab hold of you, be prepared to take action. :jameo:

Yeah the one my son moved years ago was huge. It almost bit him and it peed on him lol.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Came across this which provides good information about how to help a snapping turtle w/o getting bitten. I think the video could do w/o the "go to sleep" music playing in the background. Sounds like something you'd hear at a funeral.

I've never seen a snapping turtle that calm before.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Last night I found a slug that was almost 8" long-it was leaving it's silver trail up the front door frame. :cds:

OMG :jameo:

I saw one that was maybe 5" and thought that was huge. I tried beer in a glass but didn't get many like that and it's a waste of good beer!