aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
In front of Wildwood.
Lady in the car next to me rolls down her window and asks "Can we get over?"
I replied "Don't know, I'm not driving your car"

... there was one car in my lane behind me. :crazy:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I find it funny when people try to squeeze into the space between me and the car in front of me after leaving a traffic light, so they can make a turn. I can tell they want to squeeze in because they start pacing the gap and look in the mirror. Use a turn signal and I might throttle back so you have more room, trying to squeeze in is just dangerous. Or just get over in the lane sooner, and stop being impatient.

Hijinx

I find it funny when people try to squeeze into the space between me and the car in front of me after leaving a traffic light, so they can make a turn. I can tell they want to squeeze in because they start pacing the gap and look in the mirror. Use a turn signal and I might throttle back so you have more room, trying to squeeze in is just dangerous. Or just get over in the lane sooner, and stop being impatient.

If yu can tell they want to squeeze, why don't you give them a break? That might lessen the danger too.

I have a new found respect for people who use signal lights but still try to read their minds when they want to get over!

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
If yu can tell they want to squeeze, why don't you give them a break? That might lessen the danger too.

First it is not my responsibility to allow another driver to make an unsafe lane change. It is also not my duty to read people's minds. Using a turn a signal allows me to know that they want to make a lane change. If they do not respect me, why should I respect them?

I have no problem being courteous to others while driving, but why should I pander lazy or ignorant drivers? Their lack of planning to make a safe lane change is not my issue. Instead they get mad when I do not let them over, because they want to jam in at the last moment, without trying to use a turn signal.

CrashTest

When folks motion me or say stuff to me from other cars, I give the universal symbol that tells folks "sorry, I'm deaf". Same thing with panhandlers. And even many folks I know.

C

czygvtwkr

I would have told her something like I wasn't interested in a quickie or that I was a married man just to see the look on her face.

bilbur

Every day it is almost comical to me while driving home from work. I live in Wildewood and I am always in the left lane by First Colony, once I reach RT4 and the light turns green almost 25% of the people in the middle lane race to get over and 80% of the people in the far right lane cut through both lanes to be in the far left. I will always let someone over if they have there turn signal on but I would say at least 50% don't use one so even if I see that someone is looking I don't back off until I see the signal. It is basically asking me if I can take my foot off the gas long enough so they can occupy the space between my car and the car in front of me and if they use the turn signal I am more than happy to accommodate, with no turn signal I will maintain what I deem to be a safe distance from the car in front of me, if they try and bully their way in I close the gap as much as possible without tailgating the guy in front of me. I don't think it is too much to ask for them to take less then a second to activate that lever because for all they know I was just about to slam the gas and they would be responsible for that crash.

pointfarm

I always use a turn signal well in advance, it is amazing the number of people who see that as a cue to speed up so they can block me.
You just can't win for losing...

H

Hodr

My particular peave is that signal or not, if a car is next to you and wants to change lanes they seem to always try to edge ahead of you, even if there isn't enough room or they are travelling significantly slower than you.

Why not let off the gas for 2 seconds, or if already going slower than the other person just wait an extra second before sliding over. Forcing someone else to hit their breaks just to save yourself 2 seconds is inconsiderate at best, but more likely dangerous and stupid.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
yup that pizzes me off too, get behind me, coast a bit and get behind me.... Especially at 4/235. Nobody behind me but they NEED to get in front of me to what WAIT in traffic. First time driving this road dude? Know what happens at the 1500-1800 times, slow traffic...

puggymom

I think too many people have the wrong mentality when it comes to driving. It's almost like racing. It seems like it's 'i have to be 1st I can't let anyone in front of me' vs ' I have to be 1st so I'm going to cut over with no regard to safety'.

BernieP

Resident PIA
First it is not my responsibility to allow another driver to make an unsafe lane change. It is also not my duty to read people's minds. Using a turn a signal allows me to know that they want to make a lane change. If they do not respect me, why should I respect them?

I have no problem being courteous to others while driving, but why should I pander lazy or ignorant drivers? Their lack of planning to make a safe lane change is not my issue. Instead they get mad when I do not let them over, because they want to jam in at the last moment, without trying to use a turn signal.

What irks me are the drivers that have to cut in front of you to cross the lane when the lane behind you is empty.
If I'm shifty to a lane, to make a subsequent turn, I like to go behind the other people so as I don't have to break and force them to stop short.
Seems to me people have this idea if they can get the vehicle in front of you, you will be at fault if there is contact.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I think too many people have the wrong mentality when it comes to driving. It's almost like racing. It seems like it's 'i have to be 1st I can't let anyone in front of me' vs ' I have to be 1st so I'm going to cut over with no regard to safety'.

Oh by all means, I love to be near or in the front of the line. I hate being stuck behind either slow, or terrible drivers. One thing that drives me insane is people who sit in the left lane and either drive just at or below the speed limit. It also irks me when they pace with the only other car at the road at the time.

Now when it comes to driving in traffic, I prefer to roll with the flow. I have no issue letting others in front of me, but at least extend the courtesy to other drivers and use a signal if you want to merge. It is not difficult, it lets others know your intentions, and it makes you look like less of an #######.

Bernie that happens way to often with people trying to cram their vehicles into the left lane so they can turn into First Colony.