Scary -- Home invasion in Mechanicsville

nobody really

I need a nap
i don't know where in mechanicsville, but good grief, they couldn't scope the place out and do it when nobody was home?

good point though, maybe they did know the people who lived there.

mudpuddle

that is really scary!
At least no one was shot.
I wonder how old they were?
I wonder if they are from this area?
hope we find the answers soon!

nobody really

I need a nap
Really! but re-reading the article, it seems to me that they "entered through the front door" at 1am (when most people are home in bed), maybe they knew them, and it was a "lesson to be taught", or the items they stole were in lieu of money owed.

or maybe i watch too much tv.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
My questions - Where in Mechanicsville? It's kind of a large geographic area. Is this the first "hit" by these two? Did the home owners possibly know the intruders? WTF, is happening to Northern St. Mary's? Drug Ring busts at the Dragon Inn, stabbing at Wawa, armed robberies of TC Martin and a Pharmacy and now this? SMH.

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/106202/home-invasion-reported-in-mechanicsville/

NewsNet says it was off of Woodburn Road. That's pretty out there in Mechanicsville, surrounded by Amish and what-not. That says to me, that the intruders knew the home owners or at least what kind of house they kept, i.e. guns, nice TVs, electronics, surveillance and cameras, etc.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
oh, ok, i see "assault rifle" and have my own ideas. i had no idea they could be considered assault rifles.
They can't. An assault rifle is a very distinct weapon and must have selective fire meaning it is capable of automatic fire with a single pull of the trigger. 99% of guns do not have this capability.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
They can't. An assault rifle is a very distinct weapon and must have selective fire meaning it is capable of automatic fire with a single pull of the trigger. 99% of guns do not have this capability.

Thank you! Someone gets it! JFC. Now tell that to the state trooper who when we called the state police for a burglary and we told them that our guns were stolen and they sent 5 people because they thought my dad had us hostage with an assault rifle

nobody really

I need a nap

my ex had an ak47 that he bought way back when, and that's what i think of when i read "assault rifle".