2A

Barabbas

VA, MD, are you listening?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Weren't you correcting someone on FB just yesterday?
Different GW quote I believe...but yes. There are so many bogus quotations attributed to Washington, other founders, Lincoln, Einstein, etc etc that its mind boggling.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Different GW quote I believe...but yes. There are so many bogus quotations attributed to Washington, other founders, Lincoln, Einstein, etc etc that its mind boggling.
2A Group?

There is a reason I almost never share quotes or stories. Either I don't feel like doing my homework or I just don't have the time to do so. :yay:

Toxick

Splat
VA, MD, are you listening?

Spurious attributions or misquotes aside, it's a poignant and quite astute quote.

And I'm sure VA and MD are listening.

And they, rightfully, don't care.

Luckily for them, any possible hope of a revolution is quite out of the question.

People would have to put down their iPhones, XBox controllers, and take out their ear buds and get away from the YouTube and dollar-menus from McDonalds.

Far too many people are all too happy to give up rights that they don't exercise so they can keep leading the comfortable lives they lead with unlimited entertainment, fun music to distract themselves with, easily obtainable opioids, cheap and easily accessible food and other assorted shiny things. It's too much to bear in mind that after they give up the rights they don't exercise, the government will eventually take away the things they do care about - but by then it'll be too late. The frogs will already be boiling alive, and any hope of escape will be long gone.

Barabbas

Spurious attributions or misquotes aside, it's a poignant and quite astute quote.

And I'm sure VA and MD are listening.

And they, rightfully, don't care.

Luckily for them, any possible hope of a revolution is quite out of the question.

People would have to put down their iPhones, XBox controllers, and take out their ear buds and get away from the YouTube and dollar-menus from McDonalds.

Far too many people are all too happy to give up rights that they don't exercise so they can keep leading the comfortable lives they lead with unlimited entertainment, fun music to distract themselves with, easily obtainable opioids, cheap and easily accessible food and other assorted shiny things. It's too much to bear in mind that after they give up the rights they don't exercise, the government will eventually take away the things they do care about - but by then it'll be too late. The frogs will already be boiling alive, and any hope of escape will be long gone.
Epic in your accuracy.