Where did the RCC get this silly idea that the priests could

C

Chuckt

Where did the RCC get this silly idea that the priests could not marry?

Leviticus 21:1 ¶ And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead among his people:

Leviticus 21:13 And he shall take a wife in her virginity.

Leviticus 21:14 A widow, or a divorced woman, or profane, [or] an harlot, these shall he not take: but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife.

Leviticus 21:15 Neither shall he profane his seed among his people: for I the LORD do sanctify him.

Where did Roman Catholicism get the idea that Priests can not marry? Even Aaron who was the high priest had sons and Leviticus says to take a virgin of his own people to wife and not to profane his seed.

1 Timothy 4:1 ¶ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1 Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

seekeroftruth

You know what.... your posts are really irritating me.

I try to see the good in everyone.... and you are really hard to read.

Just saying.... Sister to Chuckt... not judging.... just saying what is on my heart.... Lightin' Up....

:coffee:

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Obviously,he and a few others really do not like the Catholic church, or anyone , quite frankly, who doesn't agree with them. I've even let them get to me as well. I read everyone's posts, try to learn something and ask questions.

That irritates people, I guess, so I, too, get call small minded, etc. I don't understand all the reasons Catholics think the way they do, nor Jews, nor Muslims, Baptist, etc. I find religion interesting and curious, but am a spiritual person.

Keep posting, Sister!

cheezgrits

Thought pirate

Leviticus 21:1 ¶ And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead among his people:

Leviticus 21:14 A widow, or a divorced woman, or profane, [or] an harlot, these shall he not take: but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife.

Leviticus 21:15 Neither shall he profane his seed among his people: for I the LORD do sanctify him.

Where did Roman Catholicism get the idea that Priests can not marry? Even Aaron who was the high priest had sons and Leviticus says to take a virgin of his own people to wife and not to profane his seed.

1 Timothy 4:1 ¶ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1 Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

What do you care? Didn't you yourself respond to my psot questioning you about laws from the old testament with the escape clause that Jesus "erased" all those laws?

So again, Chuckt, since you're picking and choosing old testament scripture to start a fight, do you wear blended fabrics? Do you have a beard? Do you eat meat that has blood or fat?

Hmmmm, something I recall about stones, glass houses, etc.

C

Chuckt

What do you care? Didn't you yourself respond to my psot questioning you about laws from the old testament with the escape clause that Jesus "erased" all those laws?

So again, Chuckt, since you're picking and choosing old testament scripture to start a fight, do you wear blended fabrics? Do you have a beard? Do you eat meat that has blood or fat?

Hmmmm, something I recall about stones, glass houses, etc.

Question: "Do Christians have to obey the Old Testament law?"

Cheezegrits,

Do I have to teach you Sunday School?

Answer: The key to understanding the relationship between the Christian and the Law is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to reveal to the Israelites how to obey and please God (the Ten Commandments, for example). Some of the laws were to show the Israelites how to worship God and atone for sin (the sacrificial system). Some of the laws were intended to make the Israelites distinct from other nations (the food and clothing rules). None of the Old Testament law is binding on Christians today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15).

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html

Why Don’t Christians Follow All the Old Testament Laws?

Are Christians living contradictions because they don’t follow all of the Old Testament laws?

https://answersingenesis.org/christ...christians-follow-all-the-old-testament-laws/

This is not to say that the old testament is irrelevant at all.

How Does the Old Testament Law Apply to Christians Today?
http://www.str.org/articles/how-does-the-old-testament-law-apply-to-christians-today#.VeOiDvlVhBc

Freefaller

"So, what are you trying to sell now? Or, do you want to hire someone else to sell your crap?

cheezgrits

Thought pirate

Cheezegrits,

https://answersingenesis.org/christ...christians-follow-all-the-old-testament-laws/

http://www.str.org/articles/how-does-the-old-testament-law-apply-to-christians-today#.VeOiDvlVhBc

Can't you ever write anything yourself, or are you going to always just cut and paste? Are you free thinking at all?

So from your response, I take it you believe that the ten commandments do not apply to you. Correct?

cheezgrits

Thought pirate

Cheezegrits,

You seem to be competent with Google or other search engines, why not research your question yourself, like I just did to get the answer to your question?

Could it be you are being less than christian in your actions and provoking onel into an argument?

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Answer: The key to understanding the relationship between the Christian and the Law is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to reveal to the Israelites how to obey and please God (the Ten Commandments, for example). Some of the laws were to show the Israelites how to worship God and atone for sin (the sacrificial system). Some of the laws were intended to make the Israelites distinct from other nations (the food and clothing rules). None of the Old Testament law is binding on Christians today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15).

The law was superseded by the Christian dispensation
Luke 16:16/ Eph 2:15/ Rom 7:6
The law was not superseded by the Christian dispensation
Matt 5:17-19

Your own bible and it's writers can't even agree...no chance of us agreeing. Oh, and that kind of ruins any credibility of any further cut and paste scriptures you post.

C

Chuckt

Can't you ever write anything yourself, or are you going to always just cut and paste? Are you free thinking at all?

So from your response, I take it you believe that the ten commandments do not apply to you. Correct?

Cheezegrits,

I have probably studied the Bible more than you and I have a filing cabinet of notes and I have worn out Bibles. I have more Christian books than my wife who went to Bible college and she wishes she knew me because she had to write papers. Now I have access to some of her college Christian textbooks.

I have written hundreds and thousands of articles and even though I am organizing them, Windows search has a hard time finding my own articles.
I can't write everything. I don't have time to write everything. I want to write more and hope to write more.

I have spent thousands of hours on the internet with people who can't understand basic Christian doctrine and they end up arguing me because I'll defend the faith (Jude 3) and no one is impressed with what I write because it is basic Christian doctrine. That isn't to say it is easy because work has to be put in but I have to make it easy for other people to understand it. How many others care about you that they would open the Bible with you? How many others would decide they'd rather be talking to you than making money, having personal time, watching television, etc?

I had an email that reached seventy feet in length to a program manager at a Christian teaching station who happened to be a pastor and he won't discipline another pastor who was adding to the word of God on his station so I can operate at this level. I can name some names that won't be accountable. I've been trying to write on church issues that haven't been addressed and my grandmother said I would be like the little boy holding his pinky in the leaking dam when it needs real men to get behind me. I haven't found many real men to get behind me but my pastor will get behind me.

The ten commandments apply but it was the sabbath that was made for man and not man made for the sabbath.

Chuck

C

Chuckt

The law was superseded by the Christian dispensation
Luke 16:16/ Eph 2:15/ Rom 7:6
The law was not superseded by the Christian dispensation
Matt 5:17-19

Your own bible and it's writers can't even agree...no chance of us agreeing. Oh, and that kind of ruins any credibility of any further cut and paste scriptures you post.

That is because you don't understand it.

C

Chuckt

You seem to be competent with Google or other search engines, why not research your question yourself, like I just did to get the answer to your question?

Could it be you are being less than christian in your actions and provoking onel into an argument?

Onel posts his own articles against non-Catholics.

C

Chuckt

"So, what are you trying to sell now? Or, do you want to hire someone else to sell your crap?

You're mad at me for trying to help other people who have families keep their jobs and trying to let someone else adventurous make a living at it? And people are dishonest for trying to find business according to you?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Cheezegrits,

I have probably studied the Bible more than you and I have a filing cabinet of notes and I have worn out Bibles. I have more Christian books than my wife who went to Bible college and she wishes she knew me because she had to write papers. Now I have access to some of her college Christian textbooks.

I have written hundreds and thousands of articles and even though I am organizing them, Windows search has a hard time finding my own articles.
I can't write everything. I don't have time to write everything. I want to write more and hope to write more.

I have spent thousands of hours on the internet with people who can't understand basic Christian doctrine and they end up arguing me because I'll defend the faith (Jude 3) and no one is impressed with what I write because it is basic Christian doctrine. That isn't to say it is easy because work has to be put in but I have to make it easy for other people to understand it. How many others care about you that they would open the Bible with you? How many others would decide they'd rather be talking to you than making money, having personal time, watching television, etc?

I had an email that reached seventy feet in length to a program manager at a Christian teaching station who happened to be a pastor and he won't discipline another pastor who was adding to the word of God on his station so I can operate at this level. I can name some names that won't be accountable. I've been trying to write on church issues that haven't been addressed and my grandmother said I would be like the little boy holding his pinky in the leaking dam when it needs real men to get behind me. I haven't found many real men to get behind me but my pastor will get behind me.

The ten commandments apply but it was the sabbath that was made for man and not man made for the sabbath.

Chuck

You're still the man Chuckie...........the second coming, if I may say so myself

onel0126

Bead mumbler
But they are married................. to God.

I won't even bother going into the theological debate behind this one, most of you know it and if not research it yourself.

However from a practical point, I want the leader of my parish's full-time job to be just that--a full time job. No family, no "real" job he has to attend to first. Plus between jail, hospital, nursing home visits, sacrament prep., homily prep., praying 5 times a day, celebrating Mass at least once a day, caring for the pastoral needs of his flock, etc., there is no time for family. Thank God my fellow parishioners are not competing with a wife, kids, and the everyday stresses of raising/supporting a family.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You're still the man Chuckie...........the second coming, if I may say so myself

I quickly reached the conclusion, after that, that ole Chuckee is severely OCD and only saved from personal destruction by a powerful case of narcissism supporting his self-delusion.

Patch 'im up..he'll be on his way.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Cheezegrits,

Chuck

Boastful, too, huh? Wasn't the sabbath created because the creator was tired?

Either way, no point trying to get you to clearly answer questions or clarify points, so good on you for all your writings, studies and holier than thou attitude.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Cheezegrits, I have probably studied the Bible more than you and I have a filing cabinet of notes and I have worn out Bibles. I have more Christian books than my wife who went to Bible college and she wishes she knew me because she had to write papers. Now I have access to some of her college Christian textbooks. I have written hundreds and thousands of articles and even though I am organizing them, Windows search has a hard time finding my own articles. I can't write everything. I don't have time to write everything. I want to write more and hope to write more. I have spent thousands of hours on the internet with people who can't understand basic Christian doctrine and they end up arguing me because I'll defend the faith (Jude 3) and no one is impressed with what I write because it is basic Christian doctrine. That isn't to say it is easy because work has to be put in but I have to make it easy for other people to understand it. How many others care about you that they would open the Bible with you? How many others would decide they'd rather be talking to you than making money, having personal time, watching television, etc? I had an email that reached seventy feet in length to a program manager at a Christian teaching station who happened to be a pastor and he won't discipline another pastor who was adding to the word of God on his station so I can operate at this level. I can name some names that won't be accountable. I've been trying to write on church issues that haven't been addressed and my grandmother said I would be like the little boy holding his pinky in the leaking dam when it needs real men to get behind me. I haven't found many real men to get behind me but my pastor will get behind me. The ten commandments apply but it was the sabbath that was made for man and not man made for the sabbath. Chuck

Sooooo I guess I'll point out the obvious here...The Unabomber had a lot of books too...