Take THAT, Paul Ryan.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So... our illustrious Speaker of The House of Representatives, Paul Ryan (R-WI) said this yesterday:
"To be perfectly candid with you, Jake - I'm just not ready to do that at this point. I'm not there right now," the Wisconsin Republican told CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper" in an interview.

Ryan said he hopes to eventually back Trump and "to be a part of this unifying process." The first moves, though, must come from Trump, he said.

After which, The Donald released THIS statement (I saw it first on Twitter)

Donald J. Trump Responds to Speaker Paul Ryan

"I am not ready to support Speaker Ryan's agenda. Perhaps in the future we can work together and come to an agreement about what is best for the American people. They have been treated so badly for so long that it is about time for politicians to put them first!"

Donald J. Trump
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-on-paul-ryan

Take that, Ryan. :yay:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So... our illustrious Speaker of The House of Representatives, Paul Ryan (R-WI) said this yesterday:

To me, it sounds like Ryan is an ass with a yuge ego. I can't wait to see him eat crow once Trump is elected.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return

Man this is awesome -- the distaste for this this year's presumptive nominees is record-breaking (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...or-both-trump-and-clinton-is-record-breaking/), so it's no surprise Paul Ryan can be counted among the haters. I think this is fantastic news!

This will be one of the greatest events in American history. Fifty or a hundred years from now no one will remember or care about Obama/Romney (most boring election since Clinton/Dole). Hell, few will care about 8 years of Obama. But Tump/Clinton 2016? There will be an entire chapter in the history books for centuries to come.

PsyOps

Pixelated
To me, it sounds like Ryan is an ass with a yuge ego. I can't wait to see him eat crow once Trump is elected.

Eat crow how? Ryan is simply saying he's not reach a point in which he supports Trump. Did he say Trump wasn't going to be or shouldn't be president?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I guess we'll see what changes after their face-to-face sit down next week. I'm sure Ryan will be completely on-board the Trump Train then.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Talk about stuck on stupid. What an infant.

What Ryan doesn't seem to understand is that Trump not only doesn't need him, but he's better off without him. Trump didn't get votes because he's popular with the GOP cabal; the People voted for him because they're sick of #### heads like, oh, Paul Ryan. I think the voters have spoken loud and clear, so you have to wonder why these supposedly intelligent and educated politicians are having such a hard time understanding.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I guess we'll see what changes after their face-to-face sit down next week. I'm sure Ryan will be completely on-board the Trump Train then.

Ryan is part of that crowd that never believed Trump would be it. They are still in shock at this point and don't seem to have gathered their thoughts about where they go from here. For a large part, when listening to Ryan, he is right about Trump... There is still a lot we don't know about Trump and how he will do things, and how he looks at the constitution in applying his so-called 'conservative values'. I don't think I've ever heard Trump talk about the constitution (except for maybe the 2nd amendment) and how we weighs that to his policies. I've never heard him talk about reducing the size and power of government.

So, I agree with Ryan's sentiments about not fully knowing who Trump is and not being able to get behind him. However, I am reminded of Ryan and his enormous, Obama-pandering spending bill, and how this stabbed every conservative in the back. So, who can fully trust Ryan? And if Trump is this conservative his supporters believe he is, why would Trump be itching for Ryan's support?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Talk about stuck on stupid. What an infant.

What Ryan doesn't seem to understand is that Trump not only doesn't need him, but he's better off without him. Trump didn't get votes because he's popular with the GOP cabal; the People voted for him because they're sick of #### heads like, oh, Paul Ryan. I think the voters have spoken loud and clear, so you have to wonder why these supposedly intelligent and educated politicians are having such a hard time understanding.

Okay, but you know where this goes right? Trump is going to meet with Ryan to schmooze him; to get his support. Hasn’t it been you Trump support’s belief that Trump was going to Washington to stir things up; flip the establishment on its head; work to get the establishment out of there. You’re going to see Trump do just the opposite. You’re already seeing it with him surrounding himself with establishment-types. You’re going to learn – and should have already learned – that Trump IS establishment.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, but you know where this goes right? Trump is going to meet with Ryan to schmooze him; to get his support. Hasn’t it been you Trump support’s belief that Trump was going to Washington to stir things up; flip the establishment on its head; work to get the establishment out of there. You’re going to see Trump do just the opposite. You’re already seeing it with him surrounding himself with establishment-types. You’re going to learn – and should have already learned – that Trump IS establishment.

You have been wrong on every single proclamation you've made about Trump so far. He's not serious...he won't last...nobody will ever vote for him...blah blah blah.

I hope you continue your streak.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You have been wrong on every single proclamation you've made about Trump so far. He's not serious...he won't last...nobody will ever vote for him...blah blah blah.

I hope you continue your streak.

I have been wrong on those counts. My opinion of him hasn't changed. But, answer the question... Trump defines the anti-establishment sentiments in this country. You expected Trump to go to Washington and blow up the establishment and turn the city upside down. So far, he has done just the opposite. You can't much more establishment than Ryan. Trump is going to meet with him to convince him over. How is this turning the establishment upside down when he is surrounding himself with establishment people? Do you really expect anything to change?

This_person

So, Ryan says he wants Trump - as the GOP nominee - to conform a little better with the GOP platform, and Trump says "I know you are, but what am I", and that's somehow a sign of Trump being a good candidate?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, Ryan says he wants Trump - as the GOP nominee - to conform a little better with the GOP platform, and Trump says "I know you are, but what am I", and that's somehow a sign of Trump being a good candidate?

That would be one interpretation. Another would be, "Paul Ryan, I won BECAUSE you GOP slave masters don't want me. So now that you really really don't want me, get used to saying 'President Trump'. See you in November, pal."

Trump gets his support from people who are sick of the GOP platform. Without that, he's just another lame ass Republican, and they always get their ass beat in elections. Trump did not win that primary because he's a party puppet. What part of this is so hard to understand? Are you all so invested in your masters that you can't possibly break free? Is this Stockholm Syndrome?

tblwdc

Yes, that's a good idea. Lets start a fight between the republicans. What a great idea if you are either an idiot or a democrat. Wait...that's rhetorical.

tblwdc

That would be one interpretation. Another would be, "Paul Ryan, I won BECAUSE you GOP slave masters don't want me. So now that you really really don't want me, get used to saying 'President Trump'. See you in November, pal."

Trump gets his support from people who are sick of the GOP platform. Without that, he's just another lame ass Republican, and they always get their ass beat in elections. Trump did not win that primary because he's a party puppet. What part of this is so hard to understand? Are you all so invested in your masters that you can't possibly break free? Is this Stockholm Syndrome?

Do you think he can with without republican support?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, that's a good idea. Lets start a fight between the republicans. What a great idea if you are either an idiot or a democrat. Wait...that's rhetorical.

This boggles my mind. The Republican Speaker of the House snits off that he will not be supporting the Republican presidential nominee, and somehow it's the nominee's fault? HE is the immature one? Because the People had the nerve to go off the reservation and not do as they were told??

PsyOps

Pixelated

It’s hard to understand because he has convinced you and his other supporters that he’s going to stir things up in Washington, then surrounds himself with the very people he claims he’s going to stir up. This, along with the fact that he has expressed very liberal positions on nearly every issue, creates very low expectations in me. So, I admit I am having a hard time understanding how you can trust he is going to be anything other than ‘more of the same’ given it’s pretty much been all laid out in front of you as to who he is.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This boggles my mind. The Republican Speaker of the House snits off that he will not be supporting the Republican presidential nominee, and somehow it's the nominee's fault? HE is the immature one? Because the People had the nerve to go off the reservation and not do as they were told??

That’s not what Ryan said at all. He said he’s not ready to support him “at this point”. He hasn’t completely dismissed it. I promise you, Ryan will come around. I guarantee it.

Pete

Repete
What is going to be really interesting to me is how effective Trump campaign will be when his team is assembled and approached from a business/marketing/efficiency angle vice a purely pandering political angle. Of course he can't completely abandon the political part because politics and marketing are intertwined, but a huge infusion of business acumen might be the difference.