Traffic Rant Traffic Light PSA

Something I thought couldn't happen just did.

I was at the light by Aldi, waiting to turn SB on 235. The light for NB 235 was green. All of a sudden, the traffic waiting to pull out from Wildewood pulled out. Their light had turned green and they proceeded into the intersection. However, the light for NB 235 did not change. It was still green.

There were a lot of upset drivers and lots of horns blowing, but fortunately there were no accidents.

So, FYI. Lights are not infallible. Don't assume a green means it's ok to go.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I never assume that anyway just because so many people drive like crap and don't obey the lights anyway.

But that's pretty scary, both sides having the green light. Did you call it in?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Something I thought couldn't happen just did.

I was at the light by Aldi, waiting to turn SB on 235. The light for NB 235 was green. All of a sudden, the traffic waiting to pull out from Wildewood pulled out. Their light had turned green and they proceeded into the intersection. However, the light for NB 235 did not change. It was still green.

There were a lot of upset drivers and lots of horns blowing, but fortunately there were no accidents.

Were you leaving Aldi?

luvmygdaughters

I always count three seconds when the light turns green, just to be sure some ahole isn't running a red light. I was behind my daughter crossing 235 from 4. She had the green light and was the 2nd car in line, she proceeded into the intersection and some jerk, guessing was texting and not paying attention, ran the red light and almost broadsided her. Thank God, the idiot looked up in time to see her. My heart just stopped!!

softtouch

Several years ago I was turning left onto 4 from SB 235 and lost the first 6 inches of my car. I was second in line waiting for the left turn light. This guy going NB flew between me and the car in front of me.

warneckutz

Lincoln SHot.jpg

DEEKAYPEE8569

You should try that out and report back.
As a matter of fact, I have one. It see's all the stupid on the roads.
It's awesome! If I screw up; shame on me; it's recorded. More often than not however, the red light-runners and the non-signaling lane changers and all the near misses are caught on video. Those folks are the reasons to have one. IMO, it's the best tool to have. You guys can give me all the crap you want about having one, but it's my American Express Card. I never leave home without it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
This is what happens when they put grocery stores on 235 NB :shrug:

SB

They will add a light at FDR, so during rush hour, it will be backed up from Wildewood to Pegg Rd.
Vehicles will get caught at the FDR light and backed up to RT 4 - they pretty much do that without a light (just someone slowing to make a left.
You won't be able to exit Wildewood onto 235 because the FDR light will have traffic backed up to Airport Rd.

Simply, there will not be enough room between lights to get traffic moving and keep it moving.