US government accused of massacre

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42994235

The overnight strikes killed an estimated 100 pro-government fighters near the Euphrates river.

The Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said it had written to the United Nations, demanding international condemnation.

The US said it was responding to an "unprovoked attack" on allied Kurdish and Arab fighters.

Syria's foreign ministry described it as "a war crime and a crime against humanity" and said the US was directly supporting terrorism.

Chris0nllyn

The US has been killing innocent pople in the Middle East for almost 2 decades. Invade country, kill innocent people, people become terrorists, US fights another/continues war on terror, wash, rinse, repeat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The US has been killing innocent pople in the Middle East for almost 2 decades. Invade country, kill innocent people, people become terrorists, US fights another/continues war on terror, wash, rinse, repeat.

You know these ####bags kill their own people in the millions, right?

This_person

First off, we've been killing people over there for a lot longer than two decades. Think "Battle Hymn of the Republic" (...to the shores of Tripoli...). Our Marines were created to fight people in the Middle East - as a defense.

As such, while there are always "innocent people" killed in military conflict - known as "collateral damage" - it is not the job, goal, nor interest of the United States to "kill innocent people in the Middle East."

You have a very poor way of wording it, if you didn't mean it as war crimes.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You know these ####bags kill their own people in the millions, right?

If Chris is suggesting that we let them kill each other on a mass scale and then we just have to kill whats left... I can get on board with that!

Chris0nllyn

If Chris is suggesting that we let them kill each other on a mass scale and then we just have to kill whats left... I can get on board with that!

I actually am. Obviously I don't want to see them all kill each other, but they need to figure out thtier own problems. The US isn't the global police.

Why is it our job to build their infrastructure and remove their dictators?

Chris0nllyn

Because they have a nasty habit of becoming our problem. I mean, who doesn't want to take down the Great Satan?

So, why not fight back when attacked, have a good defense, and not maintain presense in a country over a decade after we captured the reason why we were there in the first place?

This_person

So, why not fight back when attacked, have a good defense, and not maintain presense in a country over a decade after we captured the reason why we were there in the first place?

:shrug:

Personally, I'd rather see their land bombed than mine.

Chris0nllyn

:shrug:

Personally, I'd rather see their land bombed than mine.

That's a given. No one wants to see any land bombed.

:yay:

I am all for using Nukes, Chemical and Biological Weapons ... depopulate the countries

I wouldn't go that far. I'd venture to say that many of these people are just trying to live their life and had no role in whatever caused the US to fight back.

This_person

The problem is, we are very likely to see ours blown up in one way or another with no actions taken by us to keep the fight on their side of the pond.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd venture to say that many of these people are just trying to live their life and had no role in whatever caused the US to fight back.

They need to form their own 3%.

MiddleGround

Yeah. Because Hitler was famous for saying "After Poland, lets go ahead and stop with what we got." :sarcasm:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

If they don't have the stomach for what needs to be done .......

... frankly these people have been oppressed for so long, all they understand is Raw Naked POWER

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

What country do we maintain a military presence in by force?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

That’s their Gods problem to sort out!

Chris0nllyn

The problem is, we are very likely to see ours blown up in one way or another with no actions taken by us to keep the fight on their side of the pond.

They need to form their own 3%.

See, I find this hard to believe. Switzerland has been able to effectively remain neutral without getting blown up. Why is that?

Yet here we are, around the globe, bombing innocent people going to a wedding or some #### and acting all aurprised when those actions piss off people who end up fighting for ISIS, al Qaeda, or whatever boogieman is next.

Yeah. Because Hitler was famous for saying "After Poland, lets go ahead and stop with what we got." :sarcasm:

I think you give them way too much credit to compare them to the Nazi Reich.

What country do we maintain a military presence in by force?

Someone said to me recently...
I'm not interested in digging all of them up. You can either pay attention and see them yourself or you can pretend it never happened and continue to blather your uninformed opinions - makes no difference to me.

Afghanistan, Samoa, Antarctica, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Ascension Island, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Indian Ocean (Diego Garcia), Central Africa, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Costa Rica, Curacao, Cuba, Denmark, Djibouti, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Johnston Atoll, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Liberia, Libya, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Niger, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, Somalia, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, UAE, UK, Uruguay, Virgin Islands, and Wake Island.

The US has 587 bases around the world (outside the 50 states), plus a number of lily pad sites, according to the 2015 Pentagon Base Structure Report. 255 Army Bases, 128 Navy Bases, 182 Air Force Bases, and 22 Marine Bases.