US government accused of massacre

This_person

See, I find this hard to believe. Switzerland has been able to effectively remain neutral without getting blown up. Why is that?

Yet here we are, around the globe, bombing innocent people going to a wedding or some #### and acting all aurprised when those actions piss off people who end up fighting for ISIS, al Qaeda, or whatever boogieman is next.

Well, Switzerland doesn't accept in many illegal immigrants, and they aren't really expected to do anything for anyone at any time except hold their cash.

If you believe the USA started the fire, you're wrong. We simply have been too nice to extinguish it.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Well, Switzerland doesn't accept in many illegal immigrants, and they aren't really expected to do anything for anyone at any time except hold their cash.

If you believe the USA started the fire, you're wrong. We simply have been too nice to extinguish it.

And protect the Pope.

(Edit: Had to throw that out there.)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Afghanistan, Samoa, Antarctica, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Ascension Island, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Indian Ocean (Diego Garcia), Central Africa, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Costa Rica, Curacao, Cuba, Denmark, Djibouti, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Johnston Atoll, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Liberia, Libya, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Niger, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, Somalia, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, UAE, UK, Uruguay, Virgin Islands, and Wake Island.

The US has 587 bases around the world (outside the 50 states), plus a number of lily pad sites, according to the 2015 Pentagon Base Structure Report. 255 Army Bases, 128 Navy Bases, 182 Air Force Bases, and 22 Marine Bases.

We're not in any of those countries by force. Those are sovereign nations and they can kick us out any time they like. I'm looking for the country whose government doesn't want us there and we are holding them at gun point.

And that's a real question, because I am unaware that we have forcefully invaded and taken over another country, and remain there without that country's government's permission.

Switzerland has been able to effectively remain neutral without getting blown up. Why is that?

Because they launder money for the world's powerful.

Midnightrider

The US has been killing innocent pople in the Middle East for almost 2 decades. Invade country, kill innocent people, people become terrorists, US fights another/continues war on terror, wash, rinse, repeat.
It’s been a lot longer than two decades.
We're not in any of those countries by force. Those are sovereign nations and they can kick us out any time they like. I'm looking for the country whose government doesn't want us there and we are holding them at gun point.

And that's a real question, because I am unaware that we have forcefully invaded and taken over another country, and remain there without that country's government's permission.

How about Iraq? We invaded the #### out of them and the only reason we are still there is because we installed a puppet government.

Japan would also be on that list.

black dog

Free America
First off, we've been killing people over there for a lot longer than two decades. Think "Battle Hymn of the Republic" (...to the shores of Tripoli...). Our Marines were created to fight people in the Middle East - as a defense.

I'm not so sure about that,,,
The Marines were formed the 10th of November 1775, I believe the Tripolitanian War was 1801 - 05.
The Marine Corps was founded to serve as an infantry unit aboard naval vessels and was responsible for the security of the ship and its crew by conducting offensive and defensive combat during boarding actions and defending the ship's officers from mutiny; to the latter end, their quarters on ship were often strategically positioned between the officers' quarters and the rest of the vessel. Continental Marines manned raiding parties, both at sea and ashore. America's first amphibious assault landing occurred early in the Revolutionary War on 3 March 1776 as the Marines gained control of Fort Montague and Fort Nassau, a British ammunition depot and naval port in New Providence, the Bahamas.

Starman

Nah, Dubai is the new Switzerland. Their financial privacy laws have been mostly gutted over the last decade or so.

Hijinx

See, I find this hard to believe. Switzerland has been able to effectively remain neutral without getting blown up. Why is that?

Because The U.S. and countries like the U.S. protect and respect their neutrality.
If the Germans had won the second World War. How long do you think Switzerland's neutrality would have lasted?

They would have been made a part of the Third Reich overnight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How about Iraq? We invaded the #### out of them and the only reason we are still there is because we installed a puppet government.

Japan would also be on that list.

What are you talking about? Those people vote. The US doesn't "install" anything, and certainly not in Japan.

Never mind. I don't care what you're talking about because it will just be some nonsense that will make me want to smack you one.

Starman

Because The U.S. and countries like the U.S. protect and respect their neutrality.
If the Germans had won the second World War. How long do you think Switzerland's neutrality would have lasted?

They would have been made a part of the Third Reich overnight.

Nah, Germany would have never made it through the mountain tunnels without being destroyed. Switzerland's neutrality has as much to do with their geography (surrounded by mountains with tunnels that are armed to blow) as much as anything else.

Hijinx

Nah, Germany would have never made it through the mountain tunnels without being destroyed. Switzerland's neutrality has as much to do with their geography (surrounded by mountains with tunnels that are armed to blow) as much as anything else.

Ever hear of German Paratroopers

Midnightrider

What are you talking about? Those people vote. The US doesn't "install" anything, and certainly not in Japan.

Never mind. I don't care what you're talking about because it will just be some nonsense that will make me want to smack you one.

You need a history lesson. Not only I we install puppet leaders, we eliminated their previous form of government and installed our own after we conquered both of those countries. We allowed them to vote in a system of our creation and for US approved candidates.

Hijinx

You need a history lesson. Not only I we install puppet leaders, we eliminated their previous form of government and installed our own after we conquered both of those countries. We allowed them to vote in a system of our creation and for US approved candidates.

WW2 was mostly done right. When we finished with their ass there wasn't any Government left.
Damn straight we set one up until they could form their own.
That's what war is all about. Winning.

Not this BS that has been going on ever since Korea.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Tin foil hat much?

Just because a nation's leader isn't some hate-America suicide bomber doesn't mean he's our puppet. If the US could control the world like that, don't you think they'd get rid of all the #### heads?

I think your slurring of the Japanese, in particular, is not only offensive but ignorant.

Clearly it's not me who needs the history lesson, kiddo.

Midnightrider

Tin foil hat much?

Just because a nation's leader isn't some hate-America suicide bomber doesn't mean he's our puppet. If the US could control the world like that, don't you think they'd get rid of all the #### heads?

I think your slurring of the Japanese, in particular, is not only offensive but ignorant.

Clearly it's not me who needs the history lesson, kiddo.

You would certainly see it differently if your was the country that was invaded and a new government was installed by your new overlords.

You are seriously ignorant of history. The USA has a long history of ‘nation building’ both through war and through clandestine methods. Wake the #### up

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/japan-reconstruction

After the defeat of Japan in World War II, the United States led the Allies in the occupation and rehabilitation of the Japanese state. Between 1945 and 1952, the U.S. occupying forces, led by General Douglas A. MacArthur, enacted widespread military, political, economic, and social reforms.

Last edited:

This_person

You would certainly see it differently if your was the country that was invaded and a new government was installed by your new overlords.

You are seriously ignorant of history. The USA has a long history of ‘nation building’ both through war and through clandestine methods. Wake the #### up

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/japan-reconstruction

Are you really comparing forcing Japan to establish a non-aggressive government - with serious controls for many years - after they attacked us with taking out a dictator in favor of another dictator in some third-world ####hole?