No one should be this obese

mAlice

professional daydreamer
J.South said:
Bad genes my a$$

:yeahthat: They even contradict that statement with "was malnourished because so many of his calories came from foods high in fat and carbohydrates."

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
:ohwell:

Poor guy :frown:

He should have watched that movie "Seven" :frown:
Poor? He is getting free medical care AND he is getting medicare to rethink their policy about covering obesity related problems. After eating himslelf to 1,072 pounds all on his own, and spending 16 years on disability he is getting another Super Value Deal from the hospital (that will pass the cost on to all the rest of their patients) and medicare.

J

justhangn

dems4me said:

:duh: HERE we go again............so, this POOR guy was force fed into his current elephant like state, is that it??

Shall we blame the food that was poured down his throat??

Shall we blame his shoes for not walking off his calories for him??

:banghead:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Pete said:
Poor? He is getting free medical care AND he is getting medicare to rethink their policy about covering obesity related problems. After eating himslelf to 1,072 pounds all on his own, and spending 16 years on disability he is getting another Super Value Deal from the hospital (that will pass the cost on to all the rest of their patients) and medicare.
Poor, porr him:bawl:

:rolleyes:

SamSpade

elaine said:
:yeahthat: They even contradict that statement with "was malnourished because so many of his calories came from foods high in fat and carbohydrates."

That's not a contradiction. They didn't say he got *fat* because of that diet (although he probably did). It's not uncommon for morbidly obese people to be massively deficient in proteins and certain vitamins, and a high-fat, high carb diet will do just that. Most B & D vitamins, iron and zinc come from protein rich sources.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
SamSpade said:
That's not a contradiction.

and a high-fat, high carb diet will do just that. Most B & D vitamins, iron and zinc come from protein rich sources.

...and cause weight gain. So I do see it as a contradiction.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I don't see it as a contradiction. He was malnourished because he was eating the wrong foods.

D

dems4me

I said poor guy because he looks miserable... I feel bad for him. :frown:

:shrug:

CMC122

Go Braves!
dems4me said:

You thought a ten year old kid shoulda picked up his parent's slack, but you say poor guy to some idiot who tooking eatting to the ultimate extreme:confused:

D

dems4me

CMC122 said:
You thought a ten year old kid shoulda picked up his parent's slack, but you say poor guy to some idiot who tooking eatting to the ultimate extreme:confused:

He doesn't look very happy. I feel sorry for him :shrug: I just don't see how someone could intentionally do this to themself so maybe it is genetic. :shrug: Eitherway, we all agree it's sad - I feel bad for the guy and it appears that everyone else on here feels bad for their tax dollars. :ohwell:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Tonio said:
I don't see it as a contradiction. He was malnourished because he was eating the wrong foods.

Yes, but he's also fat because he ate the wrong foods. I find the contradiction not in that he is malnourished, but that it's being blamed on bad genes in one breath, and in the next tell us what kind of diet he has.

CMC122

Go Braves!
dems4me said:
He doesn't look very happy. I feel sorry for him :shrug: I just don't see how someone could intentionally do this to themself so maybe it is genetic. :shrug: Eitherway, we all agree it's sad - I feel bad for the guy and it appears that everyone else on here feels bad for their tax dollars. :ohwell:
Maybe he should sue all the fast food chains too:shrug:

K

Kain99

dems4me said:
My personal opinion is, that morbidly obese people eat themselves to death because they are morbidly unhappy. I don't feel sorry for his weight condition but I do wonder what drove him to this point.

Kain99 said:
My personal opinion is, that morbidly obese people eat themselves to death because they are morbidly unhappy. I don't feel sorry for his weight condition but I do wonder what drove him to this point.
My sister works in a drug rehab clinic and says this is true of anybody that overindulges... something in them is "broke" and they find a vice that makes them feel good, even if it's only a temporary feeling and they abuse it. Some use alchohol or drugs as that vice and some use food. She sees it every day.:shrug:

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
Yup