No Pay Raise

BOP

So grateful for this, I hate any raises for the the heavyset federal employees, I'm happy our President feels the same. F U fatiees!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...ary-pay-increase-for-civilian-federal-workers

I'm 5'7" and weigh 175 pounds. I could shed a few pounds, but I'm near my ideal weight, particularly for my age, and I'm not happy about the pay freeze. It's not going to do anything to drain the swamp. It's a political stunt, pure and simple.

Now, if he could freeze Congress' pay, I'd be down with that.

transporter

I'm 5'7" and weigh 175 pounds. I could shed a few pounds, but I'm near my ideal weight, particularly for my age, and I'm not happy about the pay freeze. It's not going to do anything to drain the swamp. It's a political stunt, pure and simple.

Now, if he could freeze Congress' pay, I'd be down with that.

So....Congressional pay has been "frozen" since 2009. Look it up...Google...Bing...any of the major search engines will route you to the information.

Another wonderful example of an "informed" somd voter and Trump supporter.

At what point will you people look sh!t up before making idiotic comments? It's no wonder you all hate science and facts so much. Once the light of a fact shines on you, another one of your ignorant conspiracy theories dies.

transporter

So grateful for this, I hate any raises for the heavyset federal employees, I'm happy our President feels the same.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...ary-pay-increase-for-civilian-federal-workers

Here is the federal pay schedule for DC area: https://www.federalpay.org/gs/locality/washington-dc

Of the 150 "steps", only 29 pay above $100K. Roughly 75 of them pay below the US avg income (using the information from the BLS monthly employment report.) US Inflation from November to November was 2.2% (BLS data).

So...my ignorant friend...federal employees are taking a pay cut because their pay will buy less in 2019 than it did in 2018. These are not political operatives. These are not members of your idiotic "Deep State". They are just everyday working people. The exact type of people you fake conservatives claim to hold dear.

Why does a welfare recipient like Hijinx get a 2.8% pay raise when the folks who are actually working get nothing?

CPUSA

Here is the federal pay schedule for DC area: https://www.federalpay.org/gs/locality/washington-dc

Of the 150 "steps", only 29 pay above $100K. Roughly 75 of them pay below the US avg income (using the information from the BLS monthly employment report.) US Inflation from November to November was 2.2% (BLS data).

So...my ignorant friend...federal employees are taking a pay cut because their pay will buy less in 2019 than it did in 2018. These are not political operatives. These are not members of your idiotic "Deep State". They are just everyday working people. The exact type of people you fake conservatives claim to hold dear.

Why does a welfare recipient like Hijinx get a 2.8% pay raise when the folks who are actually working get nothing?

average trump hater.jpg
Receive this...FYI, most of these useless turds ARE the front line for the Deep State, you ignorant queef...time to cut off their funding for the Deep State

BOP

So....Congressional pay has been "frozen" since 2009. Look it up...Google...Bing...any of the major search engines will route you to the information.

Another wonderful example of an "informed" somd voter and Trump supporter.

At what point will you people look sh!t up before making idiotic comments? It's no wonder you all hate science and facts so much. Once the light of a fact shines on you, another one of your ignorant conspiracy theories dies.

Macho Ma'am.jpg

:coffee:

SamSpade

So....Congressional pay has been "frozen" since 2009.

That's true. SALARY has been frozen since then, but the perks of the office haven't been touched.
THAT salary is more than three times what the average American earns.

And truthfully, it's hard to be sympathetic to a group of persons whose average net worth far
exceeds that of most Americans.

But for reasons no one ever manages to explain, Congresspersons always seem to emerge from
public service far richer than when they began. In Soviet Russia, a concept came about that
persists to this day - earnings or living "nalevo" (on the side, or literally, on the left) - perks
you gain which have nothing to do with pay, like free dachas in the country or memberships
to exclusive clubs. The joke was - and is - to say "let him live on his salary". TECHNICALLY,
Vladimir Putin makes about what *I* make - but - no, not *really*. Same thing is true, here.
We just hide it better.

officeguy

If fed work didn't pay so well people wouldn't kill to get a GS series job to manage paperwork at the office of surface mining. It's great money because it is steady. Save for short hickups during government shutdowns, your fed paycheck will show up from hiring to (early) retirement whether you put in any effort at your job or not.

PeoplesElbow

If fed work didn't pay so well people wouldn't kill to get a GS series job to manage paperwork at the office of surface mining. It's great money because it is steady. Save for short hickups during government shutdowns, your fed paycheck will show up from hiring to (early) retirement whether you put in any effort at your job or not.

Believe it or not a lot of younger GS employees jump ship to contractor jobs because they feel they aren't getting raises fast enough. Skilled people in aviation can make quite a bit more as contractors.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Believe it or not a lot of younger GS employees jump ship to contractor jobs because they feel they aren't getting raises fast enough. Skilled people in aviation can make quite a bit more as contractors.

I've always heard that tech types jump back-n-forth between GS and contractor based on circumstances.