40 S&W ammo

Larry Gude

Strung Out
LOL, personally I agree. It is funny because on the gun boards at any given time there are about 10 caliber wars going on.

Based on Dr. Fackler's findings and with good quality ammo, there is very little difference between 9mm, .40, 357sig and .45 in the majority of situations.

.40 is what is used by most LE now because they are kind of a mid-ground and come in 9mm sized frames, and they penetrate barriers slightly better than 9mm.

Projecticle size and acheiving at least 12" of penetration is the most important factors in a handgun SD round. Energy specs in handdgun rounds is grossly over hyped by some.

Bottom line; handguns are for shooting things. Rifles are for killing things.

:buddies:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Fredricksburg, Blackwater, and York are the closest...if you consider that close?

After I win the lotto...I am building a range to support USPSA!:buddies: Your all invited!

Thanks for the info, I need to start marking my calendar!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Remember temporary cavity means very little at handgun rounds speed. This picture is meant to illustrate how little difference there is in the major handgun calibers.

There is another one that goes with it to show each projectile and how they expanded after the test.

Attachments

• Handgun_gel_comparison.jpg
    Handgun_gel_comparison.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 74

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
:lol:

First thing I noticed was no note of the velocity, who the manufacturer is for each round, or medium the rounds were recovered from.

:Hornetsnest:

:lmao:

O jeez don't get me started. :killingme

On a serious note though did you guys know that at higher velocities that are achieved by certain +p+ roundds and so forth that penetration is reduced greatly? Think of a parachute.

Bigpops92

if you really want to put a smile on your face....shoot my 38 super Open gun with 18 port holes and mounted with a C-more scope. Better than sex! (ok, I exaggerate a little)