First Perkins, then Alices, and now.....

chuckster

IMFUBARED
No, not Hooters. How about Inigoes Grill!!!! Yes, the word on the street is that once again, the people who brought you Alice's Restaurant are going to give it another try. Now don't look for any big changes in the interior of the restaurant(?) or for the staff to change. However it's a safe bet that the banner on the building has to change. No word on booze being served but look for new items on their menu fresh off the copy machine. Mmmmm can't wait :barf:

yakky doodle

Originally posted by chuckster
No word on booze being served but look for new items on their menu fresh off the copy machine. Mmmmm can't wait :barf:

:roflmao: i agree that having a banner definately cheapens the appearance, and thus, my opinion of the place. :ohwell:

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
Well, at least if they get booze, after a few drinks maybe the food won't be so bad. I would definitely love to see a place that serves spirits there, I can walk there in about 5 minutes.:drunk:

pilot

My impression of that restaurant is that someone is more interested in making a fast buck than they are in cooking a good meal.

Steve

Enjoying life!
New Food?

Let me run this one by you.

Since I'm from Philly, nothing compares to a Philly cheesesteak or Philly-style hoagie. Now believe me, I've been around the country and overseas, and every time I see "Philly" on the menu I give it a shot. And I have NEVER had anything even close enough to merit the "Philly" moniker.

There is a storefront in that same shopping center that is up for sale and I've been toying with the idea of opening a sandwich shop there. No pizza, no sit-down dining, just Philly steaks and hoagies. I managed a similar store outside of Philly for about three years, so I know how to do it. And I recently learned that there is a way to get the rolls direct. (The rolls are crucial!)

How likely would people be to come running for the best Philly sandwiches outside of Philly?

pilot

Steve:

I like your idea of a philly sandwich place. I work with a bunch of people from that area who were transferred down here, and would love to see such a place open up.

However, I would open it closer to the base where you could capture the lunchtime crowd.

Steve

Enjoying life!
That is still my long term intention. Wildwood Shopping Center is too far away to grab the Pax crowd. And I don't know what kind of neighborhood lies back there along the Parkway. Someday...

watercolor

yeah yeah
Re: New Food?

Originally posted by Steve

Since I'm from Philly, nothing compares to a Philly cheesesteak or Philly-style hoagie. Now believe me, I've been around the country and overseas, and every time I see "Philly" on the menu I give it a shot. And I have NEVER had anything even close enough to merit the "Philly" moniker.

There is a storefront in that same shopping center that is up for sale and I've been toying with the idea of opening a sandwich shop there. No pizza, no sit-down dining, just Philly steaks and hoagies. I managed a similar store outside of Philly for about three years, so I know how to do it. And I recently learned that there is a way to get the rolls direct. (The rolls are crucial!)

How likely would people be to come running for the best Philly sandwiches outside of Philly?

Well, I would most definatly come. And so would Jess. You are completely right about none tasting the same. :smile:

J

justhangn

:howdy: I would, I would! :howdy:

Steve

Enjoying life!
See, now I'm just going to have to go ahead and do it. It might take ten years to get it going, but I have no choice...

J

justhangn

See, now I'm just going to have to go ahead and do it. It might take ten years to get it going, but I have no choice...

God speed gasshopper!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
From one personal experience and everything I've heard of the food since...

If they don't change the food, cooks and menu they might want to call the place "RALPHS"

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by chuckster
No, not Hooters. How about Inigoes Grill!!!! Yes, the word on the street is that once again, the people who brought you Alice's Restaurant are going to give it another try. Now don't look for any big changes in the interior of the restaurant(?) or for the staff to change. However it's a safe bet that the banner on the building has to change. No word on booze being served but look for new items on their menu fresh off the copy machine. Mmmmm can't wait :barf:

Why did Perkins become Alice's in the first place? I had heard that Perkins revoked its franchise rights, but that didn't sound right to me.

J

justhangn

Re: Re: First Perkins, then Alices, and now.....

Originally posted by Tonio
Why did Perkins become Alice's in the first place? I had heard that Perkins revoked its franchise rights, but that didn't sound right to me.

It does when the guy refuses to let Perkins make the changes to the restaraunt that they want to do. :lol:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Re: Re: First Perkins, then Alices, and now.....

Originally posted by justhangn
It does when the guy refuses to let Perkins make the changes to the restaraunt that they want to do. :lol:

Uh, what changes would those be?

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin

I'll be there.... I'm finishing up my "Philly Cheesesteak" from Three Brothers right now... A real philly cheesesteak will take over..

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well all I know is, that when perkins left, they lost alot of business. Not only for the "breakfast crowd" (which I am a proud member of...lol) but they lost the whole high school homecoming/prom crowd along with the older gender crowd and the night owls.

They were great at one time.But now, they screwed everything up, and they will never get back on top in my perspective. Sorry to say, its a shame, but they were the ones that lost their contract and bombed on themselves.