5 y/o Percheron-QH Free

mingiz

Horse Poor
Well did you guys ride? Vet run was good. Joints good. :yahoo: Gave her a few shots in her stifles and said work her. Just basically weak muscules. She has always been a lazy girl. :deadhorse So she's back into training. Sure turned out to be a nice day..

W

WildHorses

happyappygirl said:
coors light.... :yum:
i like pepsi :lol:
He'll be home soon to load up the tractor he's at the neighbors with the backhoe :lol: like i said SO much to do, so little time.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :dance: You guys are the greatest!!!! :clap: You have an open ticket with no expiration date!!! :flowers:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
can't wait to see the final product! You guys are doing such a nice job over there. Rottncop says he would like to see his handy work in the light of day :lol:
At first he didn't think he was going to be able to get through that concrete you called dirt :lol: But all was well. you'll need some holes drilled for telephone pole sized light posts? To be able to use it at night? Let us know we can bring the auger over too. :biggrin:

W

WildHorses

happyappygirl said:
can't wait to see the final product! You guys are doing such a nice job over there. Rottncop says he would like to see his handy work in the light of day :lol:
At first he didn't think he was going to be able to get through that concrete you called dirt :lol: But all was well. you'll need some holes drilled for telephone pole sized light posts? To be able to use it at night? Let us know we can bring the auger over too. :biggrin:

It looks amazing in the light. :yay: Can't thank you enough. :flowers:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Update

Went to the farmers house yesterday, and he's decided to buy a belgian mare. Turns out this guy is not gelded (I couldn't tell that from where he is kept). :frown:

She wasn't there yesterday, and the farmer wasn't home when we went over, for me to ask any more questions...so we shall see.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
see should have grabbed him last week after the ride and taken him to Dawns...are they going to keep both in the small pen?

I tried... he kind of avoided me-we couldn't hook up... kind of like he did yesterday.

He SAYS they're both going in a field. He has the room, but his "fencing" is really electric at about knee high. So i don't know where the mare will go. we will be going over a couple more times, so i'll see where she actually goes. if the situation doesn't improve, we really won't have a choice.... :frown:

W

WildHorses

happyappygirl said:
I tried... he kind of avoided me-we couldn't hook up... kind of like he did yesterday.

He SAYS they're both going in a field. He has the room, but his "fencing" is really electric at about knee high. So i don't know where the mare will go. we will be going over a couple more times, so i'll see where she actually goes. if the situation doesn't improve, we really won't have a choice.... :frown:

I'm just slightly outraged by this man's behavior. He's had the stallion locked up for years with no one actually working with it and now he wants to get a mare to breed!!!! :smack: His fencing doesn't even keep in the cows, how does he expect it to keep in two draft horses. :shrug:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Add the fact that the draft stallion wants to kill the cows, which is the reason he was locked up to begin with... :frown:
He knows i'm not real happy, i guess my face showed my reaction when he told me, so he avoided me. He's already bought a mare, but i haven't seen her.

W

WildHorses

happyappygirl said:
Add the fact that the draft stallion wants to kill the cows, which is the reason he was locked up to begin with... :frown:
He knows i'm not real happy, i guess my face showed my reaction when he told me, so he avoided me. He's already bought a mare, but i haven't seen her.

From my experience I would not recommend that he put the stallion and mare out together until he has had a chance to work with the stallion. I brought a Percheron gelding home to be company for my Belgium mare a few years ago and they wanted to kill each other -- which is a distinct possibility. I literally had to go out into the field with them and explain the errors of their ways and get them settled down. Obviously, I could only do that because I had had the Belgium for years and she is very well behaved and the Percheron was a very easy going horse. I cannot believe he is going to do this. :war:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
FWIW, I told him how nice your moo-moo is :lol:
I'll keep my eye on it. We have to go out there a couple more times. The pair might just wander onto a trailer..... :whistle:

W

WildHorses

happyappygirl said:
FWIW, I told him how nice your moo-moo is :lol:
I'll keep my eye on it. We have to go out there a couple more times. The pair might just wander onto a trailer..... :whistle:

Thank you, we love our moo-moo (but she actually thinks she's a goat and no one has the heart to break it to her). :huggy: It probably won't be too hard to get the horses on your trailer since they'll be walking down the road after having stepped over the 2 foot electric fence. :whistle: They'll be in search of someone with enough sense to build them a proper fence and shelter. :howdy:

Last edited by a moderator:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
WildHorses said:
Thank you, we love our moo-moo (but she actually thinks she's a goat and no one has the heart to break it to her). :huggy: It probably won't be too hard to get the horses on your trailer since they'll be walking down the road after having stepped over the 2 foot electric fence. :whistle: They'll be in search of someone with enough sense to build them a proper fence and shelter. :howdy:
you'll really love her when she gives you milk-milk :lol: wish i had the time to milk a moo-moo twice a day :lol:

Hey the lil one has been riding almost every day this week! she rides her pony (bareback too!), and our new RMH Raven! She's doing really well! :biggrin: