50 new horse shoes needed

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
I need 50 new horse shoes for Horse science school in July can anyone help me find some or get some donated for the kids crafts ...????? Anyone Anyone ??? I found some on line for 2.00 a pair but shipping is enough to choke a HORSE .... :killingme

TotalControl said:
I need 50 new horse shoes for Horse science school in July can anyone help me find some or get some donated for the kids crafts ...????? Anyone Anyone ??? I found some on line for 2.00 a pair but shipping is enough to choke a HORSE .... :killingme
Just saw buckets full of shoes at the Tractor Supply Co. in White Plains yesterday.

W

WildHorses

TotalControl said:

Why do you need new ones? :howdy: We have used old ones for painting, crafts, etc. at 4H fundraisers and camps. They paint up beautifully. :yay: You can usually get a farrier to give you as many as you need -- or at least we've been able to get them free. :whistle:

mingiz

Horse Poor
WildHorses said:
Why do you need new ones? :howdy: We have used old ones for painting, crafts, etc. at 4H fundraisers and camps. They paint up beautifully. :yay: You can usually get a farrier to give you as many as you need -- or at least we've been able to get them free. :whistle:

:yeahthat:
I just threw a bunch away. :lmao:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
I guess we could use used as long as I could get them cleaned and painted up before July 1st. this is my first year as craft cordinator (?) and I was told they always bought new ones..

W

WildHorses

TotalControl said:
I guess we could use used as long as I could get them cleaned and painted up before July 1st. this is my first year as craft cordinator (?) and I was told they always bought new ones..

Why do you have to paint them? :confused: Part of the joy of the craft is taking an old rusted shoe, cleaning it and making a thing of beauty to last forever. :flowers: You haven't seen beauty and joy until you see a 7-10 year old take a rusted shoe and put their heart into it. :huggy: Don't forget the three R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) -- protect our planet earth and make our children happy! :larry:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
they are the board members and I am trying to get them cheaper then $80.00 a box .. The kids do not have enough time to clean them we are limited in our time for crafts there is riding and demos and clinics they have to attend plus take care of their horses.. :peace:

W

WildHorses

TotalControl said:
they are the board members and I am trying to get them cheaper then $80.00 a box .. The kids do not have enough time to clean them we are limited in our time for crafts there is riding and demos and clinics they have to attend plus take care of their horses.. :peace:

You're making this so much harder than it needs to be. :jameo: All you need is a wire brush, some pliers and 20 minutes. In 20 minutes you'll have 100 horse shoes. :yay: Why do I say this? Because I've done this more times than I care to count. :cartwheel Beside, there are poor barefoot horses out there and you're going to use brand new shoes for art projects. :killingme What are the poor horses going to do, do you plan to donate them? If so, I'll give a link to the Shoeless Horse Relief Fund. :lmao: Just kidding, of course, but they can be cleaned quickly and easily. :razz:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
:howdy: TC....you do not need new ones. We have always used old ones. The only ones we can not use is the ones with drill tech (primarily used on the amish's horses) on them. Rufus gave us a whole box of used horse shoes a couple of years ago but the kids needed to nail them on to a piece of barn wood and we could not get the drill tech off.
I think the one year the craft coordinator did have them painted and then for other crafts the were left as is. I hope this helps.

Last edited: