$6.00 Universal Gun Barrel CamCorder Mount (PICS)

somdshootnet

$6.00 Universal Gun Barrel CamCorder Mount (PICS)

After many hours of debate about whether to buy a $50.00 plastic mount for my Sony HandyCam camcorder or just build one, I decided to put my mind to work and I developed the $6.00 handycam mount for universal single barrel guns. The project requires an accessory barrel mount, this one happens to be a Weaver base style with 4 hex bolts, 4 inch length of solid 3/4 aluminum flat bar stock, and one self tapping 3/4" hex screw.

All I did was bend the flat bar at a 90 degree angle, cut, to fit the height of the camera, drill pilot holes in the flat bar and the weaver mount for the screw to attach the two pieces together, and drilled a hole in the bottom of the flat bar to accept the factory tripod screw for the camera. I put small brown felt pads in the proper locations to not scratch the camera or the gun. and what do you know, I saved $45.00 and my mount in universal whereas the other one is specifically for tube type shotguns.

The only thing left to do is wait for the Loc-Tite thread locker to setup and paint it black. Now I can record my hunts with a real camera like the pros.

Attachments

• cammount3.JPG
    cammount3.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 97
  • cammount2.JPG
    cammount2.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 117
  • cammount1.JPG
    cammount1.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 105

bulldog

Lots of gun and bow mounted cameras out there and most don't get very good reviews due to the shock of the shot playing hell on the recording.
The ones I've seen have been rather small compared to yours. Not sure how that would work out...big and bulky on the barrel of a gun.
Good luck with it and post up some video if you can.

somdshootnet

Lots of gun and bow mounted cameras out there and most don't get very good reviews due to the shock of the shot playing hell on the recording.
The ones I've seen have been rather small compared to yours. Not sure how that would work out...big and bulky on the barrel of a gun.
Good luck with it and post up some video if you can.

Not sure what you mean by big and bulky...

The camera is a mere 4" long by 2" tall x 2" wide. The mount that attaches to the gun barrel is only 1" square. I've tried all of the mini cams and stealth cams and they are useless in low light. Have you seen the cameras that the current mounts on the market are for ? Also the large O ring I have mounted between the camera and the mount solves the scramble from the recoil.

Last edited:

bulldog

Not sure what you mean by big and bulky...

The camera is a mere 4" long by 2" tall x 2" wide. The mount that attaches to the gun barrel is only 1" square. I've tried all of the mini cams and stealth cams and they are useless in low light. Have you seen the cameras that the current mounts on the market are for ? Also the large O ring I have mounted between the camera and the mount solves the scramble from the recoil.

Ok. Good luck. Look forward to seeing some of your video.