6 dead in N. Illinois U. hall shooting

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" DEKALB, Ill. - A former student dressed in black walked onto the stage of a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University and opened fire on a packed science class Thursday, killing five students, wounding 16 and setting off a panicked stampede before committing suicide.
ADVERTISEMENT

Police say they have no motive for the rapid-fire assault, carried out by the gunman who fired indiscriminately into the crowd with a shotgun and two handguns as students dove to the floor and ran toward the exit. At least two of the wounded were hospitalized in critical condition.

"I kept thinking, 'Oh God, he's going to shoot me. Oh God, I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm dead,'" said Desiree Smith, a senior journalism major who dropped to the floor near the back of the auditorium."

6 dead in N. Illinois U. hall shooting - Yahoo! News

KillJoy

In doubt? Throttle out!
I have a friend who goes there. As soon as I heard the news, I called her to make sure she was alright. She was actually in the same building where the shooting took place.

It's sad to hear news like this.

If you have enough balls to do the crime, you should at least be the "hard-ass" that you think you are and suffer the consequence. You shouldn't be a coward like the shooter, Cho (VT killer), and others who take their own lives after doing such a thing.

AndyMarquisLIVE

One person with a gun could've made a world of difference here.

They said he chased the teacher of the class around the auditorium shooting at him/her. FOX and MSNBC were both very brief about this because they had to :blahblah: about Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Green Bay gun dealer sold supplies to NIU shooter

"A Green Bay-based Internet gun dealer who sold a weapon to the Virginia Tech shooter last year sold handgun accessories to the man who killed five people at Northern Illinois University on Thursday

Eric Thompson said today that his Web site, Topglock.com: Glock Accessories, Glock Handguns, Glock Barrels, Glock Parts, Glock Sights and Glock Lasers, sold two empty 9 mm Glock magazines and a Glock holster to Steven Kazmierczak on Feb. 4, just 10 days before the 27-year-old opened fire in a classroom and killed five before committing suicide.

The order was shipped Monday and records of the sale provided to The Associated Press by Thompson show Kazmierczak received the order on Tuesday."

Green Bay Press-Gazette - Green Bay gun dealer sold supplies to NIU shooter

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
"A Green Bay-based Internet gun dealer who sold a weapon to the Virginia Tech shooter last year sold handgun accessories to the man who killed five people at Northern Illinois University on Thursday

Eric Thompson said today that his Web site, Topglock.com: Glock Accessories, Glock Handguns, Glock Barrels, Glock Parts, Glock Sights and Glock Lasers, sold two empty 9 mm Glock magazines and a Glock holster to Steven Kazmierczak on Feb. 4, just 10 days before the 27-year-old opened fire in a classroom and killed five before committing suicide.

The order was shipped Monday and records of the sale provided to The Associated Press by Thompson show Kazmierczak received the order on Tuesday."

Green Bay Press-Gazette - Green Bay gun dealer sold supplies to NIU shooter

Why is this even note worthy, I know Fox is reporting it like there is some kind of conspiracy, who gives a crap? Topglock is one of the biggest dealers of Glocks and their accessories. It is not like he couldn't of bought the same thing from a million other brick and mortar shops.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Girlfriend: Shooter was taking cocktail of 3 drugs

" (CNN) -- Steven Kazmierczak had been taking three drugs prescribed for him by his psychiatrist, the Northern Illinois University gunman's girlfriend told CNN.

Jessica Baty said Tuesday that her boyfriend of two years had been taking Xanax, used to treat anxiety, and Ambien, a sleep agent, as well as the antidepressant Prozac.

Baty said the psychiatrist prescribed the medications, a fact that made her so "nervous" that she tried to persuade Kazmierczak to stop taking one of the drugs.

She said he had stopped taking the antidepressant three weeks before the Valentine's Day rampage on the NIU campus in DeKalb, Illinois, which left five students dead and 16 wounded. He then killed himself.

In an exclusive interview with CNN Sunday, Baty said Kazmierczak had been taking the anti-depressant for obsessive-compulsive tendencies and anxiety caused by school pressures."

Girlfriend: Shooter was taking cocktail of 3 drugs - CNN.com

So now the state is going to fund a new bldg.

Ill. Governor: Demolish NIU Hall

Wed Feb 27, 9:58 AM EST

The Illinois governor's office says the building where a gunman opened fire at Northern Illinois University will be demolished.
A gunman fatally shot five students attending a lecture inside Cole Hall on the campus in DeKalb before turning a gun on himself Feb. 14.
Gov. Rod Blagojevich (blah-GOY'-uh-vich) plans a news conference to announce funding to allow NIU to demolish Cole Hall. A new state-of-the-art classroom building will be built on the site and named Memorial Hall.
At least 16 others were wounded during the attack at the 25,000-student campus west of Chicago.
Classes resumed at NIU this week.
___
On the Net:
http://www.niu.edu