~$700 Ar-15

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I just ordered all my parts to put this together. I think with shipping and the transfer everything is about $800 but still in this post election world I think that is pretty damn good.

Who wants one?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I just ordered all my parts to put this together. I think with shipping and the transfer everything is about $800 but still in this post election world I think that is pretty damn good.

Who wants one?

I would gladly pay you tomorrow for an AR today... :lol:

Link? Pic?

Who wants one?

Everybody! A chicken in every pot and an AR leaning in the corner.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I would gladly pay you tomorrow for an AR today... :lol:

Link? Pic?

Well I got through to a company called essential arms who is almost impossible to get in touch with, but they still have stripped lowers for ~$100. Most other places are charging $200.

Then I went to palmettostatearmory.com and bought a complete upper chambered in 5.45x39 for $500.

Next I got my lower parts kit, pistol grip, and complete butt stock assembly from a company called MA-parts for a total of $125.

That is about it, took some looking around and lots of calling but after I went to the last gun show and didn't see one AR for under $1100, I wanted to see just what I could build one for.

It will be complete in about a month, the lead time on the lowers is 3 weeks and I bought 3 which was the limit.

SPF001

If you are thinking about selling one. I still haven't picked one up yet. Let me know. Are these .223 or 5.56?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
If you are thinking about selling one. I still haven't picked one up yet. Let me know. Are these .223 or 5.56?

Well I have 2 in 5.56 that I have had a few years, this new one I am building is chambered in 5.45x39 which is what the AK-74 is chambered in and becoming popular in today's AR's, mainly, I conclude because of the price of the ammo as compared to 5.56/.223.

I am building 3 of these, I am keeping one for myself and the other 2 are already spoken for.

If you want the info. on how to put one together or where to get your parts from, maybe I can help.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well I have 2 in 5.56 that I have had a few years, this new one I am building is chambered in 5.45x39 which is what the AK-74 is chambered in and becoming popular in today's AR's, mainly, I conclude because of the price of the ammo as compared to 5.56/.223.

I am building 3 of these, I am keeping one for myself and the other 2 are already spoken for.

If you want the info. on how to put one together or where to get your parts from, maybe I can help.

OK, that's a pretty freaking kewl idea, the 39. Will it accept '74 mags?

Let me know how it runs, would you? I would think it would have more fouling problems because of the general lower quality of 39 ammo???

My next long gun is going to be a piston type. Or, at least that was the plan.

:buddies:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
OK, that's a pretty freaking kewl idea, the 39. Will it accept '74 mags?

Let me know how it runs, would you? I would think it would have more fouling problems because of the general lower quality of 39 ammo???

My next long gun is going to be a piston type. Or, at least that was the plan.

:buddies:

No, it will accept the black follower AR mags or a company called C-Products makes mags specifically for it now, they cost about the same as a .223 AR mag.

The only thing I ordered that is different from a "traditional" AR are the mags, the upper of course and a heavier hammer spring. The primers on 5.45 are harder than .223.

I realize that it will require better cleanings but the difference in the cost of ammo is worth it to me.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, it will accept the black follower AR mags or a company called C-Products makes mags specifically for it now, they cost about the same as a .223 AR mag.

The only thing I ordered that is different from a "traditional" AR are the mags, the upper of course and a heavier hammer spring. The primers on 5.45 are harder than .223.

I realize that it will require better cleanings but the difference in the cost of ammo is worth it to me.

Sure. Especially if you shoot a lot.

A 7.62/39 piston might be the perfect rifle.

Pushrod

Patriot
Well I got through to a company called essential arms who is almost impossible to get in touch with, but they still have stripped lowers for ~$100. Most other places are charging $200.

It will be complete in about a month, the lead time on the lowers is 3 weeks and I bought 3 which was the limit.

Essential Arms makes a good quality receiver, you'll be happy with it. $800 in todays market is pretty good. Do it now while you still can.
I would like to put together a .308 machine, in AR configuration. Finding affordable lowers in that caliber is getting quite difficult.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Essential Arms makes a good quality receiver, you'll be happy with it. $800 in todays market is pretty good. Do it now while you still can.
I would like to put together a .308 machine, in AR configuration. Finding affordable lowers in that caliber is getting quite difficult.

Welcome to Model 1 Sales' Online Order Center

Yeah I was going to buy more than three but that was their limit, I also wanted one in 6.8 rem but they were out. I literally called over 150 times before I finally got through, they are crazy busy.

Yesterday Bravo Company released some uppers, 90 I think and within 1 hour they were gone. Try ordering from Stag, RRA, Colt, Bushmaster ect... all have lead times of up to 30 weeks on AR uppers, lowers, complete rifles.

Crazy times.

hokie11

Welcome to Model 1 Sales' Online Order Center

Yeah I was going to buy more than three but that was their limit, I also wanted one in 6.8 rem but they were out. I literally called over 150 times before I finally got through, they are crazy busy.

Yesterday Bravo Company released some uppers, 90 I think and within 1 hour they were gone. Try ordering from Stag, RRA, Colt, Bushmaster ect... all have lead times of up to 30 weeks on AR uppers, lowers, complete rifles.

Crazy times.

were you able to order from them? (model1sales)

everytime i call, they are busy. i am trying to get an 16in CAR AR15 upper half from them since i have the rest, but wanted to know what they were quoting for approx wait times

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
were you able to order from them? (model1sales)

everytime i call, they are busy. i am trying to get an 16in CAR AR15 upper half from them since i have the rest, but wanted to know what they were quoting for approx wait times

From what I am hearing is that November orders are just now shipping out to customers.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

There is a difference, a 5.56 will shoot .223, a gun chambered in .223 will not, or you are not suppose to shoot 5.56.

The pressure in a 5.56 is higher than a .223 round and the chamber may not be able to support it.

BTW there are differences between .308 and 7.62x51 also.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
thats actually not all that bad compared to some places quoting 4-6months

looks like ill be ordering mine in very very soon :)

You should check out Bravo Company, they let you sign up for an alert as soon as they list them. You can get an email alert and then it is just a race to order.

I don't know what you are looking for but they have Stag uppers for a decent price.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My BIL builds ARs also and he said things are getting scary with supply and demand. Some of the stuff he builds is :drool: pretty freakin awesome but usually he is working with a pretty good sized budget.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
My BIL builds ARs also and he said things are getting scary with supply and demand. Some of the stuff he builds is :drool: pretty freakin awesome but usually he is working with a pretty good sized budget.

Yes and some places are really turning the screws to the customer, which I guess is fine(supply and demand at it's finest), but overnight some places more than doubled the price of their stipped lowers and significantly increased anything AR-15, especially AR-15 compared to other guns.