8,120 feet...

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No.

.................................................................................................................................drop.........

..........................................................................................................................BANG

:evil:

No.

.................................................................................................................................drop.........

..........................................................................................................................BANG

:evil:

:lol:
I like in the story how he nailed the first gunner and another one went and took up station. Duh.

glhs837

Power with Control
WOW!! Awesome!

No, thats amazing, this is awesome.......

Cpl. Harrison had a memorable tour of duty, making the two impossible shots and having a bullet deflect off his helmet and surviving an IED blast that broke both of his arms. He is reportedly healing well, and has returned to duty.

Wow.

So, if he was firing ground level to ground level (which he probably wasn't), the shot would have had to travel over something like a 3-story building? And the aim point would have had to been considerably higher than that. That's pretty cool.

2,706 yards. That's 9 holes of golf from the ladies T's.

Hey, I flubbed one flippin' tee shot and ended up hitting my second from the ladies' tees. I don't care what my buddies told you, I did not play the entire side from there.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wow.

So, if he was firing ground level to ground level (which he probably wasn't), the shot would have had to travel over something like a 3-story building? And the aim point would have had to been considerably higher than that. That's pretty cool. .

There's a bunch of arguing going on in another forum about the scope issued by the Brits even being capable of that shot. I was gonna note that the article says "typically issued" and it seems obvious to me that snipers probably don't walk through a line and leave supply with all standard gear never mind what an article may suggest. That and the increase in distance over the previous record isn't the least bit fishy plus it would seem the last people in the world who would fib would be snipers. Too easy to disprove, I would think, in a tiny and elite community.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey, I flubbed one flippin' tee shot and ended up hitting my second from the ladies' tees. I don't care what my buddies told you, I did not play the entire side from there.

When I played a lot, back in the last century, it was normal to be hitting courses in the late PM during the week and have them pretty much to myself for lots of dicking around, practice chipping and putting and so on. I kept score for awhile from different T's and it made no real difference, back to ladies, on my score other than red T's that became iron drivable par fours. It takes real skill to do that, BTW. Not everyone can play like slop from just anywhere.

:buddies:

When I played a lot, back in the last century, it was normal to be hitting courses in the late PM during the week and have them pretty much to myself for lots of dicking around, practice chipping and putting and so on. I kept score for awhile from different T's and it made no real difference, back to ladies, on my score other than red T's that became iron drivable par fours. It takes real skill to do that, BTW. Not everyone can play like slop from just anywhere.

:buddies:

A few years back I played quite a few rounds by myself trying to work on my game - trying different stuff as you suggest. But I found it was unproductive (not to mention not much fun). With no one around my mind was free to wander the entire time and it would get stuck thinking about things and was unable to push those thoughts aside for the 5 seconds needed to play a shot. I need the distraction of my buddies - talking ####, making fun of them, challenging them - for the the surrounding 3 hours and 25 minutes so that I have a chance to let my mind go blank during the 5 minutes of shot making.