Refrigerator install question

Ponytail

The new refrigerator will have a water dispenser and ice maker but is on the other side of the room from where the wet wall is. Can I route the water line to the fridge under the floor? the old one was just kinda routed around the room on top of the cabinets, obviously an after thought, but I'm not sure what the right way to do it would be.

Ponytail

Pete said:
Under would be preferable to over through the ceiling.

ceiling route in my house isn't an option. But currently, it's got one of those easy tap valves for the 3/8 tube. Do i need to remove that and "T" off the cold water line, run my tube over to the fridge are and put a shut off valve over there? Or just keep it the way it is and run the tube down thru the floor under the sink?

I'm going to have to remove all that copper anyway...it's all leaking. I think every original solder joint in the house is leaking.

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
ceiling route in my house isn't an option. But currently, it's got one of those easy tap valves for the 3/8 tube. Do i need to remove that and "T" off the cold water line, run my tube over to the fridge are and put a shut off valve over there? Or just keep it the way it is and run the tube down thru the floor under the sink?

I'm going to have to remove all that copper anyway...it's all leaking. I think every original solder joint in the house is leaking.
If the existing tap and valve are accessible in case of a problem I would just leave them where they are and run the tube over to the fridge.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
If the existing tap and valve are accessible in case of a problem I would just leave them where they are and run the tube over to the fridge.
:yeahthat: no need to turn it off twice.

Ponytail

What I was thinking about doing to clean up the install under the sink a little, was to tee it off under the floor, run the 3/8 line over to where the fridge will be and put a valve there. Good idea, or no, knowing that I have to rip all the old stuff out anyway?

I have to rip out all the old plumbing under the sink cuz It's all green, and very wet. And as rotten as my floor was, it's been that way for many years.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
What I was thinking about doing to clean up the install under the sink a little, was to tee it off under the floor, run the 3/8 line over to where the fridge will be and put a valve there. Good idea, or no, knowing that I have to rip all the old stuff out anyway?

I have to rip out all the old plumbing under the sink cuz It's all green, and very wet. And as rotten as my floor was, it's been that way for many years.
Do whatever way is most convienent.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
If you're looking for a new garbage disposal, I recommend the Clarkman.

Ponytail

DoWhat said:
Do whatever way is most convienent.

Cool. Didn't know if there was any wierd obvious codes that I needed to be aware of. I don't want to be doing this stuff twice.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
Cool. Didn't know if there was any wierd obvious codes that I needed to be aware of. I don't want to be doing this stuff twice.
For God's sake, it's a fricken water line to a refridgerator.
Go back to the grocery store and hook up with the guy that liked your hair.

Ponytail

DoWhat said:
For God's sake, it's a fricken water line to a refridgerator.
Go back to the grocery store and hook up with the guy that wanted some of your hair.

:roflmao: You gonna buy me another fru-fru drink? :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Attachments

• mccoyDeadThread.jpg
    mccoyDeadThread.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 46

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
Weren't you there for my birthday party at Harbour Sounds a few years ago?
I remember the food to be awesome.
You, Vince, Mig, Katie, RR, and ??

Ponytail

DoWhat said:
I remember the food to be awesome.
You, Vince, Mig, Katie, RR, and ??

The food was good, the service left a little something to be desired though. Shoot, we filled two big tables...we had the SOMD crowd and the Chiropractor crowd.

It was such a good time, I made sure that it never happened again so I could savor the memory. :lmao:

Ponytail

jazz lady said:
Um...NO. I think I would have remembered something like that. :lol:

Dowhat didn't want to be associated with us, so he sat at the bar, a safe distance away, but delivered the most fru-fru drink ever served on Solomons Island, complete with several slices of fruit, a sword, an umbrella and and a string of beads. :yay: :lol: