97.7 The Bay

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
-- The advertising page says to Call Sharon Roberson, who I believe is the wife. So, I guess the sales staff is gone too?

Sharon has always been the sales manager. She was running the sales team and servicing accounts when I was at Channel 10.

I listen to the radio when traveling from one city to another, otherwise I pull up music on YouTube or my own collection or IHeartRadio. But I'm old - I have no idea what the kids are doing for music these days.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Old school radio for me. I listen to 97.7 most of the time when driving. And 98.3 with T-Bone and Heather in the mornings.

Now with the faster internet connection here at the office, maybe I'll stream 98.3 so I can hear the rest of the morning show.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm not renewing my XM subscription in my car but will keep it for the wife and our SUV. I listen to WJFK almost exclusively and if I want music, I pay for unlimited data on my phone and accuradio, slacker and the radio dot com apps more than fulfill my listening desires.

To answer Vrai's question, my oldest (17) listens exclusively to spotify while driving around.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I'm not renewing my XM subscription in my car but will keep it for the wife and our SUV. I listen to WJFK almost exclusively and if I want music, I pay for unlimited data on my phone and accuradio, slacker and the radio dot com apps more than fulfill my listening desires.

To answer Vrai's question, my oldest (17) listens exclusively to spotify while driving around.
WHEN (no longer if) I replace my vehicle I will probably do the same - link my phone to the car audio system over bluetooth and stream what I want or have recorded.
Nothing against the local stations but it's come to the point where there is so much interference from stations outside the area.
I try to listen to WMAL to catch up on the days news but instead I get 105.9 from Delaware mixed in, add the interference from the wires in wet weather and it's brutal - radio off. CD player is dead, so when the engine dies it will be new vehicle time. Only another 100K more miles to go (or more :(

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
WHEN (no longer if) I replace my vehicle I will probably do the same - link my phone to the car audio system over bluetooth and stream what I want or have recorded.
Nothing against the local stations but it's come to the point where there is so much interference from stations outside the area.
I try to listen to WMAL to catch up on the days news but instead I get 105.9 from Delaware mixed in, add the interference from the wires in wet weather and it's brutal - radio off. CD player is dead, so when the engine dies it will be new vehicle time. Only another 100K more miles to go (or more :(
radio.com app is awesome. I use it to listen to WJFK at work all day and I've used it when on vacay in MB. I'm with you on the dead vehicle thing, I'm over 205k and still getting 33 mpg, so I'mma keep on getting on.