98 Rock's Lopez Dies of Lung Cancer

1 less liberal spewing his hatred of republicans on the airwaves.

I really did like Lopez, as a DJ, just not as a political commentator type. He will be missed. Listened to him for years. Wish I could get 98 Rock at the office.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
huntr1 said:
1 less liberal spewing his hatred of republicans on the airwaves.

I really did like Lopez, as a DJ, just not as a political commentator type. He will be missed. Listened to him for years. Wish I could get 98 Rock at the office.

All joking aside, he was a very intelligent man, but I REALLY disagreed with his political views. :lol:

Larry the Cable guy used to do the morning commentary years before he made it big, he and Lopez used to jab at each other constantly, it was hilarious. :killingme

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Mikeinsmd said:
What a shame..... now a 13 yr old has to finish growing up without her father. He was only 52. Too young. :ohwell:

True........she's a figure skator too.......

Last edited:
AC/DC said:
All joking aside, he was a very intelligent man, but I REALLY disagreed with his political views. :lol:

Larry the Cable guy used to do the morning commentary years before he made it big, he and Lopez used to jab at each other constantly, it was hilarious. :killingme
:yeahthat: to all points.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Mikeinsmd said:
What a shame..... now a 13 yr old has to finish growing up without her father. He was only 52. Too young. :ohwell:

He looks like he's no more than 30 in the picture. Must have been all that sunscreen that prevented all that sun damage.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
RIP Lopez

I was never really sure why he stayed at WIYY. His gig was provoking thought, sometimes done very well, and everything the station did and still does is about appealing to dopes.

Typical Lopez Show:

Lopez: "OK, next caller, what do you think about judicial filibusters?"

Caller: "Dude! Am I on the radio, like live?"

Lopez: "Yes caller, go ahead, what do you think about Senatorial filibustering of Presidential court appointees?"

Caller: "Right. Dude, it's like, you know, like if Cal says 'hey, let's go to Fells Point and slam a few Natty Bo's, I'm like, hey let's go bro, you know? You're the man. I got weed."

Lopez: "Ah, right. So, on to our next..."

Caller: "Hey, Lopez, hey man, can you play some Metallica?"

Lopez: "And with that, we'll be right back...dude"

He got cancer from listeners.