A good SUV

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
mv_princess said:
What didn't you like about it? And what year was it?
I believe it was a 2005, which is around the time we started looking for a new vehicle. The interior just looked and felt cheap, and it wasn't very impressive on paper. It wasn't comfortable, and for just a couple thousand more we were able to get a nicer vehicle, fully loaded that suited our purposes. We looked at the Suzuki XL7 immediately after the Santa Fe, and liked it loads better. Not as much as the XTerra though. :lol:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nickel said:
I believe it was a 2005, which is around the time we started looking for a new vehicle. The interior just looked and felt cheap, and it wasn't very impressive on paper. It wasn't comfortable, and for just a couple thousand more we were able to get a nicer vehicle, fully loaded that suited our purposes. We looked at the Suzuki XL7 immediately after the Santa Fe, and liked it loads better. Not as much as the XTerra though. :lol:
Hm interesting.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
desertrat said:
About a 20 minute drive from Yuma to the closest ones. Turns into a small city on Holidays during the cooler months. Lit up like one too. People started bringing unbelievable rigs for camping. Huge lights up on poles with generators, stuff like that. It's all regulated now though.

That sounds like where they went. I remember something about a lake nearby, too. He sent my pictures of all the set-ups people had and it was quite incredible. And also VERY crowded.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Chasey_Lane said:
Christy has a brand new one and hers is awesome! I love the interior, much better than my Envoy actually. :lol:
I just went and sat in one, someone here at work just got one this past weekend. It was VERY nice on the inside. Made it feel like it, it was a lot more money than what it was.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
mv_princess said:
I just went and sat in one, someone here at work just got one this past weekend. It was VERY nice on the inside. Made it feel like it, it was a lot more money than what it was.
Well then there ya go, they must have upgraded the interior. The seat I sat on felt like cheap carpet. :lol:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nickel said:
Well then there ya go, they must have upgraded the interior. The seat I sat on felt like cheap carpet. :lol:
:lol: Yeah I didn't get that feeling so much. They did change a lot with it, upgrades every where.

jazz lady said:
That sounds like where they went. I remember something about a lake nearby, too. He sent my pictures of all the set-ups people had and it was quite incredible. And also VERY crowded.
Couple of places sort of nearby. Senators wash, Martinez Lake, anywhere along the Colorado gets a radical crowd with some really fun toys. Those California dudes really come to play hard!

dustin

UAIOE
MVP, Is your truck 4 wheel drive? You could get a topper to go on the back that way when all your buddies get drunk you dont have to worry bout them barfin on your upholstery.

If youre stuck on an SUV I'd say go with used Nissan Pathfinder or Xterra from a few years ago, before they changed the body styles to the current. The last bodystyle Pathfinder is just a bit larger than the current Xterra. So its not that huge.

Or a Honda Pilot thats a few years old.

From what i've found, anything like 5yrs old and the depreciation of the vehicle has dropped the price at least half of what it originally cost, especially the American vehicles.

Christy

b*tch rocket
itsbob said:
I think the Santa Fe is in the Station Wagon/ Soccer Mom category.. You REALLY don't want to take it off road anywhere.. But if you want if for the safe ride in all ON road conditions it would be a great choice.

I took mine off road, it did fine. :shrug:

I don't think any of the newer 4WD vehicles are made for serious off roading though. They just don't make any of them as tough as they used to. Too many gadgets that get busted and broken which cost a fortune to repair.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
itsbob said:
I think the Santa Fe is in the Station Wagon/ Soccer Mom category.. You REALLY don't want to take it off road anywhere.. But if you want if for the safe ride in all ON road conditions it would be a great choice.
Well I guess I am a "soccer mom" then. They made me a deal I couldn't pass up. :biggrin:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Christy said:
I took mine off road, it did fine. :shrug:

I don't think any of the newer 4WD vehicles are made for serious off roading though. They just don't make any of them as tough as they used to. Too many gadgets that get busted and broken which cost a fortune to repair.
Ok Soccer Mom!!

I think the Santa Fe is the perfect vehicle and price for what most people want a 4WD for. Not many are going to go the Rain Forests in South America or go cruise the Sahara Desert.. they are just going to get back and forth from work, and dropping the kids where ever it is they need to go in any weather. There is no need to spend 40, 50 or 60 k on an all purpose heavy duty truck for most people.

And it's nice and light to take out on the beach if you so desire..

OldHillcrestGuy

The new Santa Fe's have a really nice body style and look alot more expensive then what they are.
Here's wishing you many happy motoring hours with your new ride. :cheers:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
OldHillcrestGuy said:
The new Santa Fe's have a really nice body style and look alot more expensive then what they are.
Here's wishing you many happy motoring hours with your new ride. :cheers:
Thank you!! I have to say when I sat down in it I thought it looked like a lot more money.