A local "beach" where I can take my dogs

S

samt2008

Anyone know of a local-ish beach where I can take my dogs to run on the sand and dip there feet in the water...My friend said solomans island you can just wondered if anyone knew anymore and if thats true about solomans?

C

citizen_fear

Anyone know of a local-ish beach where I can take my dogs to run on the sand and dip there feet in the water...My friend said solomans island you can just wondered if anyone knew anymore and if thats true about solomans?

Pt Lookout has a dedicated "pet" beach

J

jp2854

yes citizen fear is right point lookout does have a dedicated pet beach which is nice.

dreamhouse

Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis also has a dog beach plus many trials for walking. Costs $5.00 to enter.

Myrtle Point. Acres of unruined land and at least two miles of shoreline. Some of it drops off really quickly, so watch it.

MrX

High Octane
Ive run and played ball with my dog on the beach right off the parking lot across from Our Lady Star of the Sea in Solomons and have seen others as well.

Bowser

not sure where you are located

chapel point park in charles county allows dogs

stars24

I've seen people take their dogs to Elms Beach (A little south of Spring Ridge Middle School on 235 you'll see signs for it on the left).

unixpirate

Pitty Party

I take mine to the little beach on the right when you enter the Island. If people are there, they need to be leashed. If not I let my two boxers run. :cds: Mrytle Point they are supposed to be leashed also, but if noone is there, I let them run.

S

samt2008

Lol I also have boxers and they loooove the water so i really want them to play in the sea i think they would like it!

I have been to chapel point state park and there wasn't much room to run or shore line, but maybe i didnt venture far enough!

SoMDGirl42

Lol I also have boxers and they loooove the water so i really want them to play in the sea i think they would like it!

I have been to chapel point state park and there wasn't much room to run or shore line, but maybe i didnt venture far enough!

If you are looking at letting them run in the sea, it may be a long drive. I know of no seas with beaches anywhere near here. Might want to stick with the suggestions the others offered of beaches near the River. :buddies:

SugarBear47

Solomons beach

Soooo...what is this truth suppose to be about Solomons and having pets on the beach? I mean, you didn't finish your post. And besides, every beach front area is private anyway.

unixpirate

Pitty Party

Mrytle Point is the place to go. Take it all the way to the point.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

Greenwell State park has a small amount of beach areas that you can let your dogs play at. I have let my Lab run amok over near a duck blind that is out of the way in the park. I have only come across one other person the entire time (5 Years) that I have been taking my lab to there.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Greenwell State park has a small amount of beach areas that you can let your dogs play at. I have let my Lab run amok over near a duck blind that is out of the way in the park. I have only come across one other person the entire time (5 Years) that I have been taking my lab to there.

Forgot about that. I took mine there once and they could run the trails as long as noone is trail riding.

unixpirate

Pitty Party

Post pics please. :yay: