A message to the unvaccinated

SamSpade

(shrug) Not to be a wet blanket but --

No question it was brave to do so when the COST was - losing your job or position. Having to homeschool your kids. Losing positions in your community. Possibly losing business. When you had something to LOSE, it was brave. I know people at work who quit because for a while in the federal government - at least at my agency - we were told that you had to be vaccinated - even though you were working FROM HOME - or you WOULD be terminated.

It bears mentioning that this happened under Biden's administration - the vaccine wasn't widely avaliable until he took office. My boss began his retirement plans because of it, and retired ANYWAY even though he passed the deadline without the jab. Since so many federal workers in the DC area lean or are wholly Democrat - it was popular with them. They believed completely that a fully vaccinated workforce could go back to the buildings.
It was not particularly brave if it cost you nothing - if all your friends agreed with you and you only lost perhaps a few friends that you wouldn't mind parting ways with. If you didn't do it because you just didn't get around to it.

luvmygdaughters

That cant be right! So...the demoncrats in the government are in favor of abortion because the government has no right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her own body...but...they forced their employees to receive a vaccination, that, was determined not to prevent or cure a disease that was released from a lab in China.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
That cant be right! So...the demoncrats in the government are in favor of abortion because the government has no right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her own body...but...they forced their employees to receive a vaccination, that, was determined not to prevent or cure a disease that was released from a lab in China.
Nailed it.

Reactions: rio

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I wasn't brave, I was lazy. I started seeing that covid was usually only fatal to those with pre-existing conditions or those who were elderly, weak, or frail and decided not to bother.

rio

I was semi brave. I pissed off a few friends and close family and I only lost the, for lack of a better word, allowance to work in one area of my job that was part of a federally funded program.

Grumpy

I wasn't brave, I was lazy. I started seeing that covid was usually only fatal to those with pre-existing conditions or those who were elderly, weak, or frail and decided not to bother.
Have to agree with that in my case, not lazy but adamant that I definitely didn't want the jab, didn't trust the science but also couldn't afford losing my job without heavy sacrifice. Wrote a lame 'bless me lord' religious thingie for an escape and my employer accepted it since I was working from home. Not really sure how it would have turned out if my company said see ya if you don't want the jab. Hoping history will spotlight these last few years of bs.