A noisy guest...

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
...Baseball bat should work even better...

Hm...I didn't think of that. I was under the impression that keeping my distance would be optimal; that possums are aggressive and will attack and not worth the risk of approaching.

I suppose that might not actually be the case. This would give the ole' louiseville slugger a purpose besides simply collecting dust by the bed post.

----

:lol: Now I've got the mental image of Bruce Willis, in pulp fiction, wielding the samurai sword....slowly sneaking up on a possum :lmao:

Roman

Hm...I didn't think of that. I was under the impression that keeping my distance would be optimal; that possums are aggressive and will attack and not worth the risk of approaching.

I suppose that might not actually be the case. This would give the ole' louiseville slugger a purpose besides simply collecting dust by the bed post.

----

:lol: Now I've got the mental image of Bruce Willis, in pulp fiction, wielding the samurai sword....slowly sneaking up on a possum :lmao:
Is it the Possum that is bothering you, or is he doing damage to something? Leaving food out for your Pets will cause Possums to come, and sometimes, they bring the rest of their Family.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
Is it the Possum that is bothering you, or is he doing damage to something? Leaving food out for your Pets will cause Possums to come, and sometimes, they bring the rest of their Family.

There is no food out there. I am fairly sure it is the grill that it is attracted to, but there is no food left inside the grill.

Like I said, if I can simply scare it off, I'd prefer that. The least amount to clean up the better, that includes blood.

There is no food out there. I am fairly sure it is the grill that it is attracted to, but there is no food left inside the grill.

Like I said, if I can simply scare it off, I'd prefer that. The least amount to clean up the better, that includes blood.

Go to the Halloween store.

Find GIANT POSSUM costume.

Wear it the next time the possum comes around.

Go outside and he will probably be playing dead.

Pick him up.

Put him in the back of your truck.

Drive across the bridge.

Dump him in unsuspecting victims yard.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr

Pick him up.

Drive across the bridge.

That's awesome!

I really ought to give you credit for it too.......give me your address and you can pay it forward. :grin:

Pick him up.

Drive across the bridge.

If I saw a giant possum running around in my yard I would shoot him and not worry about the noise. Just something to think about.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
If I saw a giant possum running around in my yard I would shoot him and not worry about the noise. Just something to think about.

Might need something a little bigger than a .22 though....just sayin':whistle:

edit: Thank you all for the tips and info.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Might need something a little bigger than a .22 though....just sayin':whistle:

edit: Thank you all for the tips and info.

Nope. A .22 LR will do just fine.

Just remember your 4 gun safety rules;

Treat every gun as if it is loaded
No finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire
Never aim your gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
Always be sure of what is BEHIND your target

bcp

In My Opinion
put a metal trash can out, put something in the bottom to feed the possum, build a ramp so the possum can get in it, or place it under a tree branch. (possums are not exactly smart)
the possum will end up stuck in the can, then you can take it and dump it on JPCs front porch next to the empty whiskey bottles, or you can let it go in the woods somewhere away from your house. I suppose you could also call animal control to come and get it,, but where exactly is the fun in that?

C

czygvtwkr

put a metal trash can out, put something in the bottom to feed the possum, build a ramp so the possum can get in it, or place it under a tree branch. (possums are not exactly smart)
the possum will end up stuck in the can, then you can take it and dump it on JPCs front porch next to the empty whiskey bottles, or you can let it go in the woods somewhere away from your house. I suppose you could also call animal control to come and get it,, but where exactly is the fun in that?

Take it to work and let it go about an hour before everyone else starts to show up.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Mothballs. Buy a big box and scatter them around where he likes to go. That smells keeps most rodents and other wildlife away.