A tree lined median for Great Mills Road?

2Bullies73

Flooding? A few spots were say 4-6 inches deep, two come to mind, one near the entrance to the park, and the other near XXXX road. Hradly floods, more like deep puddles. In both places, they are working on drainage ponds, so when complete, that wont be an issue. It is a construction zone, after all. And, be fair, those were torrential rains, which, prior to construction, would have meant the closure of the road at the stream near Fox Chase. Which, thank to the project, will never flood again, what with the new roadbed being 12 or more feet higher than before, with a much better culvert system underneath.

Now, about your "deep potholes", where are those? I drive a very low car with a very stiff suspension, and also a motorcycle, and nothing Ive come across is more than a bump, let alone a pothole. Not in the roadway, anyway. Now, maybe on some of the entrances or driveways, I havent been in and out of every one. My section right now is torn up, a bit bumpy, but nothing Id classify as an enormous pothole. Where are they?

Now, you want to drive down it wihtout being killed? A divided roadway with signals will help with that, as will the elimination of offset entrances like Buck Hewitt. Kids will be able to safely travel down sidewalks, that will be safer too. Be patient, it will be better.

Try to turn Right onto Greenview Pkwy across from the school... there is a huge one there... and that intersection is a mess, especially now with school, with cars trying to pass turining cars, cars trying to turn onto Chanc Run from both sides... busses... its a mess... sorry I'm not Susie Sunshine about it all... and I wouldn't let my kids walk down that road no matter what they do to it... cars go way to fast down it now... and it making more road will only let them think they can go even faster... I mean they put the no u-turn sign up weeks ago and people are still doing that every light every day... its crazy...

Try to turn Right onto Greenview Pkwy across from the school... there is a huge one there... and that intersection is a mess, especially now with school, with cars trying to pass turining cars, cars trying to turn onto Chanc Run from both sides... busses... its a mess... sorry I'm not Susie Sunshine about it all... and I wouldn't let my kids walk down that road no matter what they do to it... cars go way to fast down it now... and it making more road will only let them think they can go even faster... I mean they put the no u-turn sign up weeks ago and people are still doing that every light every day... its crazy...

It'll be over soon. What tics me off is they decided to bust up the curbs at Chancelors Run and 235, put up cones and block off one of the left turn lanes without changing the light timing. They aren't even working there yet.

beamher

It'll be over soon. What tics me off is they decided to bust up the curbs at Chancelors Run and 235, put up cones and block off one of the left turn lanes without changing the light timing. They aren't even working there yet.

the timing probably should be changed but the one blocked lane was probably because the one closed lane on chancelors; imagine if they left both turning lanes available to turn. i do agree that hopefully it will be over soon enough.

the timing probably should be changed but the one blocked lane was probably because the one closed lane on chancelors; imagine if they left both turning lanes available to turn. i do agree that hopefully it will be over soon enough.

I figured that might be the case.:lol:

glhs837

Power with Control

Ah, so its one pothole, , not "enourmous potholes all over the place", and its not really on Chancellors Run, got it, that must be why I hadnt noticed it:). That intersection has been a mess for years, and I dont see where its any different now, but I'll take a closer look at it. The cars wont go any faster than they 40-50 they do now, it will just be safer becuase of the turn lanes and the ability to pass without going into the breakdown lane like they do now.

I'm not saying you have to be Suzy Sunshine, but understand that its an improvement project, and those are never painless. As far as kids, depends on the kids I suppose. But there are kids there now, the ones I pass now on their way to work at Sheetz, who are on the shoulder, or walking to the park, where they have to brave traffic to get across. We are all much safer if they have sidewalks.

glhs837

Power with Control
Just went through there, I found nothing resembling an enormous pothole. Now, a chunk of turn lane is shut down with a "Single Lane Ahead" sign, so maybe its hiding under there, but if so, its easy to avoid, make the turn past it, as I did. And I must say, the construction has not changed that intersection one bit, its all the original pavement even, so I dont see how you can blame the "mess" on the project.

BernieP

Resident PIA

if you commute to Pax River you probably noticed that the timing was changed. It statted maybe a month ago but traffic now backs up through the lights at Walmart from Chancellors Run Rd. Once you get past that light the traffic moves. It appears that the cycle time on 235 was cut.

dn0121

Flooding? A few spots were say 4-6 inches deep, two come to mind, one near the entrance to the park, and the other near XXXX road. Hradly floods, more like deep puddles. In both places, they are working on drainage ponds, so when complete, that wont be an issue. It is a construction zone, after all. And, be fair, those were torrential rains, which, prior to construction, would have meant the closure of the road at the stream near Fox Chase. Which, thank to the project, will never flood again, what with the new roadbed being 12 or more feet higher than before, with a much better culvert system underneath.

Now, about your "deep potholes", where are those? I drive a very low car with a very stiff suspension, and also a motorcycle, and nothing Ive come across is more than a bump, let alone a pothole. Not in the roadway, anyway. Now, maybe on some of the entrances or driveways, I havent been in and out of every one. My section right now is torn up, a bit bumpy, but nothing Id classify as an enormous pothole. Where are they?

Now, you want to drive down it wihtout being killed? A divided roadway with signals will help with that, as will the elimination of offset entrances like Buck Hewitt. Kids will be able to safely travel down sidewalks, that will be safer too. Be patient, it will be better.

:yeahthat:

dn0121

Report them, they broke the law. You can't pass on the right even though there is pavement there. It is not part of the lane it's part of the intersection from the offices.

if you commute to Pax River you probably noticed that the timing was changed. It statted maybe a month ago but traffic now backs up through the lights at Walmart from Chancellors Run Rd. Once you get past that light the traffic moves. It appears that the cycle time on 235 was cut.

I noticed that today heading south on 235. I passed under one light JUST as it turned yellow. If the lights were timed correctly, I should hit the next light JUST as it turns yellow, assuming I'm doing the speed limit of 45. I was doing 5-8 mph OVER the speed limit, and it turned yellow as I got there. Again, if the lights were timed correctly, I should have hit this one and the next one as they turned yellow. The next light was red far before I got there, still doing 5-8 over.

People will realize this eventually, and raise their speed to compensate just to work the lights. The new timing pattern encourages people to exceed the speed limit.

Ok, all that said, it only works in one direction. The opposite lane would get hosed on a regular basis, which makes me think I read, maybe even here, that the timing changes by the time of day to facilitate the movement of cars in to the base in the morning, and away from the base in the afternoon. I know the pattern on the corner of Maple/235 is very different in the afternoon until about 6pm.

beamher

Report them, they broke the law. You can't pass on the right even though there is pavement there. It is not part of the lane it's part of the intersection from the offices.

i'm guilty....but it's not an enormous pothole :shrug: barely felt it, although it looks like it may be significant