A Virtual You Lives At Google & Other Techs

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Well, isn't this special....

It’s because inside of a Google server or a Facebook server is a little voodoo doll, avatar-like version of you. Like a model of you. And I don’t have to listen to your conversations because I’ve accumulated all the …clicks and likes you’ve ever made, and it makes this voodoo doll act more and more like you. All I have to do is simulate what conversation the voodoo doll is having, and I know....

Click on over to read the entire article and links to the presentation the above quote has been snipped from (a 1-hour tech talk which has been posted on Youtube).

Link: "Your phone isn’t really spying on your conversations—the truth might be even creepier"

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
And let's add this one to the OP.

Depending on how much you shop, watch and read with Amazon, the e-commerce behemoth may know more about you than any other company on earth.

Link: "What Amazon knows about you"

In addition to a presentation about Amazon there are links at the end for similar articles on what Google, Facebook, and Tesla know about you.

Better informed is, well, better informed.

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Amazon <---> Google / Facebook

I end up with targeted adds on my face book feed for something I just bought on Amazon

Come on Amazon, Try to keep up, I just purchased that widget

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I end up with targeted adds on my face book feed for something I just bought on Amazon

My thoughts exactly. Why are they pushing ads to me for something I just bought?

Amazon <---> Google / Facebook

It's a reminder. They want you to buy it again. See that button next to the item, "Buy Again" ?