A womans work is never done.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I wish that were true in my house. I leave while everyone else is asleep so I come home to breakfast dishes in the sink and toys/books either in the living room or kid's room floor. Husband comes home for lunch too so add those dishes to the sink. Plus I have two cats who are known counter sliders so everything that was on the countertops is now on the floor. I also have a dog who although in a crate, is currently blowing her coat so there is a new ring of dog fur around her crate when I get home too.
It IS as clean as your husband left it...you'll note, I didn't say "working mothers" I said "working parents."

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It IS as clean as your husband left it...you'll note, I didn't say "working mothers" I said "working parents."

Not if the dog and cats do their damage after he leaves to go back to work most of the time, but yes, I get your point.

KWAK

9 times out of 10 it doesn't all get done! There - that's my secret!! But I wake up at 4:15 - drop the kid off at 6:00 - and I'm not back back at home until about 5:00. That gives me 3.5 hours with her - including time to cook dinner, clean the mess and give her a bath. I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the only time I get with her scrubbng the floor!! I generally clean when she goes to bed at 8:30 - but I need a little down time, too - and I don't go to bed until about 11:00.

In a nutshell, no one is going to get sick or die if a few toys sit in the middle of the living room floor overnight, or if the kitchen floor doesn't get swept for an extra day. I don't live in a pigstye AT ALL - but I do it all and sometimes I run out of steam!

terbear1225

I have a husband who does laundry, dishes and gives the boys a bath. :diva: He rules in those departments ( and a few others ) :biggrin:

:yeahthat:

even with his help it's been hard to keep up with grad school at the same time though. It's mostly just a balancing act, deciding which "job" gets the focus today and which ones can wait. should be interesting in the fall when there's a newborn in the picture and grad school starts again.

barncat

9 times out of 10 it doesn't all get done! There - that's my secret!! But I wake up at 4:15 - drop the kid off at 6:00 - and I'm not back back at home until about 5:00. That gives me 3.5 hours with her - including time to cook dinner, clean the mess and give her a bath. I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the only time I get with her scrubbng the floor!! I generally clean when she goes to bed at 8:30 - but I need a little down time, too - and I don't go to bed until about 11:00.

In a nutshell, no one is going to get sick or die if a few toys sit in the middle of the living room floor overnight, or if the kitchen floor doesn't get swept for an extra day. I don't live in a pigstye AT ALL - but I do it all and sometimes I run out of steam!

Try to involve your little one in the cleaning. My little one loves to help me clean. I give her a wet rag and tell her what areas to clean and she does her thing while I do mine. She even has her own set of cleaning stuff and will get out her vacuum and vacuum while I vacuum. Sometimes her help can be a little hindering (she's only 2), but I feel it's teaching her responsibility, we are spending time together and she gets to do her favorite thing...help mommy!

For the most part my husband does the bulk of everything. Cooking, dishes, lawn and laundry. He doesn't require as much sleep as me. I clean the bathrooms, fold and hang laundry and play in the yard on the weekends with little ones help.

mamissa3

I have to agree that not all of it gets done all the time:) We dont live in a pig pen either but toys get left out soemtimes, laundry doent get folded sometimes and so on....