Abortion and men...

Would abortion be an insured procedure for men?

• Of course

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • It would be the same contentious issue it is today

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I am for aborting ALL men

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Vote Ron Paul! heheheheheheeh...

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...assuming all other things remaining the same, if men were the ones that got pregnant, would abortion have long been covered by insurance or would it be treated as it is today; a point of never ending contention?

E

EmptyTimCup

...assuming all other things remaining the same, if men were the ones that got pregnant, would abortion have long been covered by insurance or would it be treated as it is today; a point of never ending contention?

:killingme

the non baby carrying gender would 'demand' it so they would not be tied down to a mistake ........

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:killingme

the non baby carrying gender would 'demand' it so they would not be tied down to a mistake ........

You know. This brings up an interesting point. If men were the ones that got pregnant and, as per my question, all other things remained the same, instead of "Not tonight. I have a headache" women could, suggest an alternative activity...

You know. This brings up an interesting point. If men were the ones that got pregnant and, as per my question, all other things remained the same, instead of "Not tonight. I have a headache" women could, suggest an alternative activity...

... like clean the kitchen...:yay:

Beta84

They're out to get us
If men were the ones getting pregnant, they probably would have legalized abortion in Congress years ago and allowed insurance to cover it.

ftcret

... like clean the kitchen...:yay:
:yeahthat:

wimmin.jpg

PsyOps

Pixelated

Reruns of Super Bowl XVII :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated

I get where you're going with this (re: the Penis Pump thread), but the abortion issue for most people (that are against it) isn't about sex; it's about life. So it wouldn't matter who got pregnant.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
It wouldn't be needed for men. A pregnant mens sumo league would form and men would be paid to self abort themselves.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I get where you're going with this (re: the Penis Pump thread), but the abortion issue for most people (that are against it) isn't about sex; it's about life. So it wouldn't matter who got pregnant.

Yes, it would. Do you not see the abject disconnect between not wanting to provide coverage for abortions on the one hand and the near immediate covering of ED pills???

"As we stride the world as gods with our fully erect, chemically enhanced pee pee's so that we may penetrate and ejaculate anywhere, any time with great pleasure and virility, thine woman shall be stuck with the consequences. And get me a sammitch while you're at it..."

puggymom

No.

:tap:

Come on, people! I tee this one up and no one wants to take a whack at it?
Sorry I have been trying really hard not to get into debates having to to with abortion.
"As we stride the world as gods with our fully erect, chemically enhanced pee pee's so that we may penetrate and ejaculate anywhere, any time with great pleasure and virility, thine woman shall be stuck with the consequences. And get me a sammitch while you're at it..."
I'll give you a :clap: for this though (assuming the facetiousness of the quote of course)

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Well, if all things were the same the need for abortions and birth control would be greatly reduced.

Part of the BC argument was BC was needed due to abusive husbands that didn't care if they could afford another child or not, or what the woman had to put up with trying to do her "chores" while 8 months pregnant, and taking of 3 other kids all under the age of 5, while he wasn't bringing home enough money to feed any of them.

IF all things were equal, HE wouldn't allow himself to become pregnant if it got in the way of his activities or work, or golf game.

BC would not only been acceptable much earlier on, but would have been legal from the very beginning, you know, when men made the rules that woman had to abide by.

Back then women were submissive to the men, it's just the way it was, and IF all things were the same the MAN would say, not tonight, or let me put the galoshes on first.. whereas the way it was she would just spread her legs and he would have his way, and it was his choice if he chose to use BC or not (if it was allowed).

Both BC and abortion wouldn't even be questioned, as still today, the laws of the land are predominantly made by men. You'd still get your religious folks trying to fight it, but yes I'd say not only legal, but paid for by either insurance or govt subsidy.