above garage apartments

littlegirl

Reiki Practitioner
somehow possible

I have a friend who rents a 3 bdr apt over a garage in St Marys County, Compton area and pays $900/ month. So somehow it is possible. I think the rent is fair compared to the square feet of the place. This particular apt is HUGE!! It has a fireplace, BIG living room, 3 bdr, 2 full baths, kitchen, etc...plus has a huge deck all the way around. The biggest downside is that you have to go up the steps, but there is no one downstairs, just the garage.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: somehow possible

Originally posted by littlegirl
I have a friend who rents a 3 bdr apt over a garage in St Marys County, Compton area and pays $900/ month. So somehow it is possible. I think the rent is fair compared to the square feet of the place. This particular apt is HUGE!! It has a fireplace, BIG living room, 3 bdr, 2 full baths, kitchen, etc...plus has a huge deck all the way around. The biggest downside is that you have to go up the steps, but there is no one downstairs, just the garage.
Oh, it is certainly possible, as long as you have your ducks in a row and get approval from planning and zoning.

I think I know the apartment you are talking about (about 95% sure) and in that case a specific family name didn't hurt this individual either in getting approval or possibly avoiding the inspection process.

Z

zuchick

Re: Re: somehow possible

Originally posted by Ken King
Oh, it is certainly possible, as long as you have your ducks in a row and get approval from planning and zoning.

I think I know the apartment you are talking about (about 95% sure) and in that case a specific family name didn't hurt this individual either in getting approval or possibly avoiding the inspection process.

I've got an acre of land with Septic and water on in about 5 minutes from Hanging Rock State Park in Danbury, NC and moments from the local Hospital that is affilated with Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem..

Good schools, churchs out the wazzoo, 15 to 20 minutes from Winston Salem, NC with 750 foot along the main Highway coming into Stokes County.. Out in the Country with fresh air and good people. Been trying to get my daughter to move from up there and put something on the acre of land, but she want move..

Can't be due to jobs cause there are jobs for those who want to work. She just want budge.. No rent or anything.. Hmm Kids go figure.

adamparish

garage apartment discussion

I found this topic very comforting. For the past 2 years, I've personally been building the largest garage apartment site on the Internet. The site is a completely free service for people to post and find garage apartments available for rent.

Yes. People build and rent garage apartments everday.

Yes. Many local governments and HOA's have strict rules about garage apartments.

Yes. Many people are looking for garage apartments to rent because they want something different than the typical apartment complex and they want to be part of a community.

If any of you have any questions about garage apartment please let me know.

http://www.garageapartments.com

Onward!

Adam Parish
Founder
GarageApartments.com

C

czygvtwkr

Make sure you understand renting before you dive in, it can be and usually is a huge pain in the ass.

No matter how many background checks you do someone always ends up screwing you on the rent and to top that off its very hard to kick someone out.

Several of my coworkers thought they would rent out their old house and buy a new one, couple years later their houses are all but destroyed. You have to count on renters being pigs, inconsiderate, and deadbeats.

adamparish

Based on my experiences most of the bad renters end up doing the same old things. They rent from "big box" apartment complexes or older homes.

On the other hand, people renting garage apartments are trying to distance themselves from the bad renters and are on the verge of homeownership themselves.

But your point is well taken.

Onward!
-Adam

Last edited: