Joe Gass -R 567

Total

Mattingly (D)12,481
Joe Gass -(R)12,358 (-123)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, rats! I was just talking to a girlfriend this afternoon and she had her fingers crossed that Gass would sneak by. Oh well. Sorry Joe - you'd have made a heck of a Commissioner.

alex

That is great! I do not like Joe Gass at all. My vote was more against Joe than for Mattingly.

Terp Fan

Originally posted by Kain99
Second Commissioner District St. Mary’s County

Absentee Ballot Count

Mattingly (D) 518
Joe Gass -R 567

Total

Mattingly (D)12,481
Joe Gass -(R)12,358 (-123)

That really sucks!

K

Kain99

Thanks Vrai! And now I know exactly how you felt Terp... I don't know if I should cry, or cry harder!

Ajax ain't gonna scrub this one off! I think I'll drown my sorrows now.

I'm glad Alex is happy...:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Terp Fan

Thanks Vrai! And now I know exactly how you felt Terp... I don't know if I should cry, or cry harder!

Ajax ain't gonna scrub this one off! I think I'll drown my sorrows now.

I'm glad Alex is happy...:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

All I can say is it gets easier every day. It's that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach that I had problems with.

Do you think there will be a recount?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Recount: To be eligible the difference has to be within .1%. As there were 24,839 cast and a 123 vote difference that comes to .4%. So a recount isn't within the guidelines.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Ken King
It still isn't over yet. They don't start counting the overseas and military absentees until the 15th of the month (see http://www.elections.state.md.us/ ). Don't know if there are 123 votes out there but there is always hope.

That was my first instinct.... But Joe just seemed so calm and resolved that I freaked out!

I'm going deep and grasping that last ounce of hope here! I know Mattingly is an icon but I just don't understand how this race ended up so close!

I'm pulling up my boot straps and digging in "again"

"I think I can" "I think I can" "I think I can"

P.S. I love you Ken! (Don't repeat that)

smcdem

one of the few bright spots for the dems...

THANK GOD Gass lost. He would force all of us to go to his right wing christian cult. Jeez, I'm glad this county has SOME sense.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

OMG! Don't make me fight you right now, SMCDEM! I can't handle it!

In fact, don't count your chickens yet babe! They haven't quite hatched!

:burning: :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning:

I'll be here to duke it out later! What happened to the fantastic looser attitude you had a few days ago?

No one here, busted your chops then budro! be careful... Fate has a funny way of sneaking up on you!!!!

Terp Fan

OMG! Don't make me fight you right now, SMCDEM! I can't handle it!

In fact, don't count your chickens yet babe! They haven't quite hatched!

:burning: :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning:

I'll be here to duke it out later! What happened to the fantastic looser attitude you had a few days ago?

No one here, busted your chops then budro! be careful... Fate has a funny way of sneaking up on you!!!!

I GOT YOUR BACK GIRLFRIEND!!!! :burning: :burning: :burning:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by smcdem
THANK GOD Gass lost. He would force all of us to go to his right wing christian cult. Jeez, I'm glad this county has SOME sense.
What on Earth would make you say something like that? #1, he would only be a Commissioner so I doubt he could force us to do anything. #2, do you think of Christianity as a cult? Is that what they teach you at Ryken?

Admit you're just mad because ol' Julie got her butt spanked.

smcdem

Hey I am still a gracious loser as you can say. I am amazed how wide the margin Mckay won and congratulate him on a well organized campaign. When it comes to Gass, he scares me. I have suggested this book that I have read called The Emerging Democratic Majority to many upset dems. I suggest everyone to read it. Don't get me wrong I am still gracious, but I am STILL shocked how Dement won and how Gass almost got in. Give me time, many adults have told me that 4 yrs under Republican control isn't as long as one would think. I guess since I am young, 4 yrs seems longer to me. And sure I am upset:bawl: but congrats to all the winners.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by vraiblonde
What on Earth would make you say something like that? #1, he would only be a Commissioner so I doubt he could force us to do anything. #2, do you think of Christianity as a cult? Is that what they teach you at Ryken?

Actually, Joe has been writing in St. Mary's Today for at least a year now. His writing is clearly motivated by his theology. That's not a bad thing. Certainly indicates he's a grounded, wholesome person. But, I too prefer to leave the religious zealots out of office.

Extremes on either side are not good, and the outcome of this commissioner election indicates that people want more moderate political leadership. The extremists in each commissioner race, lost their election. There's a years' worth of St. Mary's Today column's to support smcdem's statement.

K

Kain99

Just Kick em' when their down why don't ya!
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

alex

The word I heard on the overseas ballots is there are less 100 to count, so even if Gass got all of them the best he could hope for would be a recount.

K

Kain99

Your right Alex... Not enough ballots to make a difference.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by vraiblonde

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!! Thank you!!! Someone said it! :lol:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Final mail-in absentee/military votes were totalled yesterday. Looks like Mattingly picked up 6 more votes.