Abuse of social services

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Seems obvious that she is saying the narrative is true. However, I am sure it's false. I regularly see them in Tahoes eating oysters, but not Escalades eating crab legs.
Are you sure it isn’t shrimp?

and I have personally witnessed a fine upstanding EBT Card holder get cash back on the card and go next door, to the liquor store and buy his Seagrams gin and a fist full of lottery tickets!

Last edited:

steppinthrax

Are you sure it isn’t shrimp?

and I have personally witnessed a fine upstanding EBT Card holder get cash back on the card and go next door, to the liquor store and buy his Seagrams gin and a fist full of lottery tickets!

Omg

You guys are too much.

Here's the thing. If they have good credit and a few thousands saved up. They have the ability to walk into a dealership and take on an upside-down car note. You also consider with vehicles today, you can get a 10 year old vehicle with high mileage that still looks "good".

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Omg

You guys are too much.

Here's the thing. If they have good credit and a few thousands saved up. They have the ability to walk into a dealership and take on an upside-down car note. You also consider with vehicles today, you can get a 10 year old vehicle with high mileage that still looks "good".

*chuckle* ...and there was much waving of hands and the wholesale erection of persons of straw...

If they have "good credit and a few thousand saved up", WTF are they doing on public assistance in the first place??

nutz

They have the ability to walk into a dealership and take on an upside-down car note. You also consider with vehicles today, you can get a 10 year old vehicle with high mileage that still looks "good".

I was wondering who willingly takes on upside down car notes, one more of life's mysteries solved.

Starman

Because starman has a different political stance and on the opposite side of the political spectrum as Gilligan, hence his neg viewpoint of him. It's common in these parts. I don't necessarily agree with that thinking. You have smart as well as stupid liberals etc... The concept and philosophy for providing for the poor is not invalid. The idea of gov providing for the poor is not invalid either. It's a viewpoint and I respect it, however I don't agree with it.

Does not mean that starman or whoever the other person was is stupid.

I guess also Gilligan was advertising how much money he makes etc and that somehow makes him higher than him. I guess if that's the value you want to place on people.

Gilligan has low self-esteem and self-confidence problems. He's a cupcake that's fun to point and laugh at. I don't pay him much mind except when I need him to do something.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Gilligan has low self-esteem and self-confidence problems. He's a cupcake that's fun to point and laugh at. I don't pay him much mind except when I need him to do something.

Funny ting....that's exactly how I view you too... *chuckles*

steppinthrax

*chuckle* ...and there was much waving of hands and the wholesale erection of persons of straw...

If they have "good credit and a few thousand saved up", WTF are they doing on public assistance in the first place??

You can make a low income and still have a CC. You can make low income and have a student loan that you make regular payments to. Still have good credit.

You also consider those that co-sign and people that are too eager to get people to sign into debt that they can't pay. It's all about making that sale.

steppinthrax

I was wondering who willingly takes on upside down car notes, one more of life's mysteries solved.

Generally people who are poor are not intel enough to make good money decisions. There is also the whole society thing of poor people with iPhone X and escalades that pull into an apartment in the ghetto. It's an issue and somewhat a mental issue. I'm not defending their decision or feeling sorry for them, but that's the way it is.

black dog

Free America
You can make a low income and still have a CC. You can make low income and have a student loan that you make regular payments to. Still have good credit.

You also consider those that co-sign and people that are too eager to get people to sign into debt that they can't pay. It's all about making that sale.

In my 59 years I have never met anyone that accepts any type of free social services that has a active credit card.. much less someone that has good credit...

glhs837

Power with Control

My ex is like that. I don't think she's not added negative equity to a car loan since we split back around 1992. She just keeps trading and getting something else.

steppinthrax

My ex is like that. I don't think she's not added negative equity to a car loan since we split back around 1992. She just keeps trading and getting something else.

There's a woman I knew who would just lease cars for life. The positive is you always get the newest car on the market and never have to worry about problems. The negative is a perm car payment.